C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport Overstock Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Default Diablosport Overstock Sale!

Diablosport Trinity and i2 devices are on sale, please check this link for more details:
http://www.diablosport.com/news/diab...ig-i2-trinity/

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:03 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Mike,

Quick question. We all know that GM has updated the tunes over time for these cars. I presume to fix a variety of issues. I know that an update they did for my 15Zdrastically fixed the heat soak issue back in the day. I presume your tune was a modified GM tune and I presume that tune was an earlier tune. Notice I used the word presume twice in that sentence. :p. Is there any reality to the notion that uploading your tune to my C7Z would improve some aspects but at the same time regress some of the improvements GM had made to the tune of the car over the years?

thanks!

best,
gene
Old 02-20-2017, 06:28 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

This is not a concern. The tunes are based on the existing calibration in the vehicle. The device reads out your stock tune and then finds the matching tune in the database which is specific to the calibrations in your PCM at that time. For example if you tuned then restored the stock tune, and went to the dealer, and they updated the computer, when you retuned it you would actually be loading A different file based on the calibrations in the vehicle at that time.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2017, 09:47 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

What kind of gains are you getting on the Z06s?
Old 02-22-2017, 10:33 PM
CSevenGS
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm glad they are on sale...but not purchasing until 17 models are supported. Last post on your site was 29 Jan saying 2-3 weeks...

When will 17s be supported? What gains are expected on a 17 M7 LT1?

thanks,

Last edited by CSevenGS; 02-22-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by CSevenGS
I'm glad they are on sale...but not purchasing until 17 models are supported. Last post on your site was 29 Jan saying 2-3 weeks...

When will 17s be supported? What gains are expected on a 17 M7 LT1?

thanks,
Gains will be same as 15-16, 20-25 rwhp over stock.

As for release, well, we want to make sure it all works right, as mentioned there is a new process required for tuning these and its taking some time to implement. As the OEMs attempt to keep you from tuning your car more and more each year, it will take longer and longer for support to be released unfortunately.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by AZGASSER
What kind of gains are you getting on the Z06s?
Heres a dyno sheet from one we had here 2 weeks ago:
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2017, 05:34 PM
ht_pro
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am not happy with the tune on my '15 M7. And I am ready to take to a custom tuner. Any chance you'd be willing to reach out and talk through some of my issues to see if they're normal or not?

I have the small handheld i2 (I think). Never received a $25 rebate or a response on that. And a custom tune from DiabLew. He is saying that I have a lot of knock retard.

Thanks! -Brendt
Old 02-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ht_pro
I am not happy with the tune on my '15 M7. And I am ready to take to a custom tuner. Any chance you'd be willing to reach out and talk through some of my issues to see if they're normal or not?

I have the small handheld i2 (I think). Never received a $25 rebate or a response on that. And a custom tune from DiabLew. He is saying that I have a lot of knock retard.

Thanks! -Brendt
have you ever logged the stock tune? I would put the stock turn back in the vehicle and use the device to record the data log. I will take a look at it if you would like. If there's excessive knock on the stock tune it is something you may need to deal with on the vehicle itself.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2017, 05:56 PM
ht_pro
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
have you ever logged the stock tune? I would put the stock turn back in the vehicle and use the device to record the data log. I will take a look at it if you would like. If there's excessive knock on the stock tune it is something you may need to deal with on the vehicle itself.

Thanks
Hey That's actually a pretty good idea. I do feel like I did do data logging with the stock tune. I can definitely send you all of the data that I have right now.

What is a good email address to send it to? I am also about to pull more data as I have been running Mobil1 91 octane lately. Lew said that Costco gas 91 was crap (which I don't believe / agree with but I am trying).

Besides the codes that it will throw, do you think that I will experience knocking with the stock tune and the headers? That would take back into account the rear O2 sensors I am sure....

-Brendt
Old 02-23-2017, 09:00 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I'm waiting for the 2017 update as well so it will work on my 2017 GS. Is it a free upgrade for the 2017 GS when it is out? Or is that a totally different unit?
Old 02-24-2017, 05:29 PM
red 1
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts

10% off is still $400.00 and you can find the I2 on several online sites for $359.00

Get notified of new replies

To Diablosport Overstock Sale!

Quick Reply: Diablosport Overstock Sale!