C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Stingray overheating issue.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 04:19 AM
Sloo_Dc2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C7 Stingray overheating issue.

I just came back from a small trip about 15 miles or so when I pulled into my garage and had noticed earlier that the car was running a little hot, about 220-230. As I pulled in the damned thing spiked all the way to 280 and redlines, car is a 2014 with 18k on the clock, perfect condition but I don't know what's going on here, leaking fluid all I've the place but oil level is perfect, radiator box is boiling and sizzling like crazy, what could this be, I mean I drive it in race mode with rave steering and sport suspension but that shouldn't have anything to do with it, I took a couple twists but nothing ridiculous. Could this cause permanent damage? Still have factory warranty but this posses me off the car is mind and I mean "mint", there is fluid everywhere... Please help.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:56 AM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,012 Likes on 365 Posts

Any mods?

Naturally, check coolant level after it cools down.

Look at all the hoses and radiator for leaks. Don't know what else to say...
Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 AM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,295 Likes on 857 Posts

220 is in the normal range. Typical overheating causes are a bad thermostat or radiator fans not running. Did you note if the fans are running? The fact that temp spiked after you stopped makes me think the fans weren't running for some reason.

Good Luck!

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Stingray overheating issue.

Quick Reply: C7 Stingray overheating issue.