C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7 speed, NPP

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 PM
CourtneyJudd
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 95 Posts
Default 7 speed, NPP

Just bought a 2014 Z51 3LT 7 speed.... super nice, but just not too thrilled with the way it shifts. I see an aftermarket shifter available from ZIP called Kwik 7-speed shifter.... anyone did this exchange... big job... worth while??? Also sure don't see much difference in the NPP exhaust only two selections available: automatic or off... Put a Mild2wild in but still not much difference. I had Corsa pace car on my 2004... maybe that might be the best answer! Thanks for any ideas/info. CJ
Old 03-21-2017, 11:17 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I haven't heard of that shifter but I highly recommend the MGW. It's a really nice upgrade that a lot of us on here have done. The install is a little involved but it's really well documented so there aren't any surprises.

I think the 2014's NPP didn't have the upgraded software that gives you a little more flexibility with the exhaust sound control. Honestly, even the different software on the new vettes wouldn't make it louder. By installing the mild to wild, you've pretty much maxed out what this exhaust will do. I can see how coming from a Corsa you think it's quiet. You could swap in a new x-pipe that deletes the secondary cats, that will make it a little louder. Or you could go new exhaust or muffler delete to crank it up.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:07 AM
RipcordZ51
Pro

Received 160 Likes on 116 Posts

^^^
MGW is very good
Old 03-22-2017, 08:14 AM
CourtneyJudd
Pro

Default Thanks

Thanks roosterI will probably go with Corsa on this vette.
I really like them on my 2004. The shifter might be a bit more than I want to bite off but thanks for the advice. I will look up the MGW.
Thanks, CJ

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
I haven't heard of that shifter but I highly recommend the MGW. It's a really nice upgrade that a lot of us on here have done. The install is a little involved but it's really well documented so there aren't any surprises.

I think the 2014's NPP didn't have the upgraded software that gives you a little more flexibility with the exhaust sound control. Honestly, even the different software on the new vettes wouldn't make it louder. By installing the mild to wild, you've pretty much maxed out what this exhaust will do. I can see how coming from a Corsa you think it's quiet. You could swap in a new x-pipe that deletes the secondary cats, that will make it a little louder. Or you could go new exhaust or muffler delete to crank it up.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:16 AM
CourtneyJudd
Pro

Default Thanks

I will check into the MGW, I appreciate your thoughts.
my vette is also the same color as yours...
love it! thanks, CJ

Originally Posted by RipcordZ51
^^^
MGW is very good

Get notified of new replies

To 7 speed, NPP

Quick Reply: 7 speed, NPP