C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 price markup? Forum dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 04:43 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Z06 price markup? Forum dealers?

I am wondering if the large Forum dealers will be selling the Z06 at sticker, or will they mark it up initially?

The local dealer I talked to is telling me that if their Z06 allocations are going to be limited, they may feel the need to mark up the price, and so they won't commit to selling me at sticker, at least not yet.

If I can get a "sticker and no mark-up" commitment from a large Forum dealer, I WILL buy from them, and I am ready to place a deposit.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 793 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by zhopper05
I am wondering if the large Forum dealers will be selling the Z06 at sticker, or will they mark it up initially?

The local dealer I talked to is telling me that if their Z06 allocations are going to be limited, they may feel the need to mark up the price, and so they won't commit to selling me at sticker, at least not yet.

If I can get a "sticker and no mark-up" commitment from a large Forum dealer, I WILL buy from them, and I am ready to place a deposit.
I hope this is the case, I have spoken to my local dealer here in Phoenix and they haven't committed to anything yet, but they said that they would likely sell at MSRP, as they are currently doing now with the C7. If that changes i will buy online...of course that all hinges on the pricing structure GM has for the Z06...
Old 12-08-2013, 12:14 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by zhopper05
The local dealer I talked to is telling me that if their Z06 allocations are going to be limited, they may feel the need to mark up the price.
So "market adjustments" because the market will allow such behavior, for a short time, is now a "need". If it happens to me, there will be one more car for someone else to buy...and when the baloney stops there will be a different dealer that will get my business. I'll defend such a dealer's right to do as they wish...but it is my choice to never do business with them.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:16 AM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 146 Posts

Just remember all the fools who paid 15-20k over on the last z06 then remember buying them later at 10k off.It will happen again.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
Just remember all the fools who paid 15-20k over on the last z06 then remember buying them later at 10k off.It will happen again.
Of course I do remember. I will be glad to pay MSRP, just as I did with my other Vettes including my C6Z06 and C7Z51. But I will not pay a penny over, and I am a cash buyer.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Well some people will never learn. And when the new one comes out and is all raved up you can bet there are people that will walk in and pay 10000 over etc just to have it first. Then they will be defending and justifying their decision to do so by saying how much they are enjoying it now, life is short, can't take it with you and why do you care anyway and all the other BS that happens every time the HI PO variant is released. Certainly is their choice to do so and has no bearing on me, but it is a ridiculous concept IMO at the very least. But anyone who feels the need that badly, have at it. Fools and their money are soon parted, as the old saying goes.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 price markup? Forum dealers?

Quick Reply: Z06 price markup? Forum dealers?