C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Deposits vs. reservations

Old 05-28-2014, 10:35 PM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Deposits vs. reservations

many dealers are not taking deposits until they get their allocations. many are still placing you on a reservation list that is just as valid as a deposit list. one dealer told me his management said to stop taking deposits. they had over 200k worth of deposits and were concerned about refunding that much money. some use the deposits as cash flow to fund their business. very few will put the cash into an escrow account.

all of us may be better off placing our names on a reservation list with dealers that actually maintain them and provide you with an acknowledgement. after i placed 2 3k deposits, i realized i was foolish and became concerned about tying up cash for up to a year and the possibility that i would not get my money back.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:37 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

get with a board vendor thats a big vett dealer and your good. I put money down with boardwalk chevy here in norcal. Cant wait to get the car.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:08 AM
post-it
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local dealer put me at No 2 for the Z06, without accepting any deposit. They got me my C7 very early in October on the same premise. There are many great local dealers throughout the US that can deliver.
Best part is that they are less than four miles from my front door!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:23 AM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by CONMAX
many dealers are not taking deposits until they get their allocations. many are still placing you on a reservation list that is just as valid as a deposit list. one dealer told me his management said to stop taking deposits. they had over 200k worth of deposits and were concerned about refunding that much money. some use the deposits as cash flow to fund their business. very few will put the cash into an escrow account.

all of us may be better off placing our names on a reservation list with dealers that actually maintain them and provide you with an acknowledgement. after i placed 2 3k deposits, i realized i was foolish and became concerned about tying up cash for up to a year and the possibility that i would not get my money back.
I have never heard of a dealer wanting $3k deposit never mind 2 dealers.You just might want to get that money back now.$1k is the usual amount.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:16 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by post-it
My local dealer put me at No 2 for the Z06, without accepting any deposit. They got me my C7 very early in October on the same premise. There are many great local dealers throughout the US that can deliver.
Best part is that they are less than four miles from my front door!
While local is great and local dealers can get the C7 Stingray, the Z06 is a different car and a limited edition. That means unless that local dealer is high on the food chain in selling Corvettes their chance of getting an allocation for the Z06 is very low.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
I have never heard of a dealer wanting $3k deposit never mind 2 dealers.You just might want to get that money back now.$1k is the usual amount.
In late 2012 I asked my nearest Dodge I mean SRT dealer what the deal was for ordering a new Viper. They said it starts with a $10,000 deposit. Sure chief, got that on me right now in fact, but I think I'll wait to see what you order for stock. They've now had a $131k Viper GTS in their showroom for a year. At least they let me sit in it and even took my picture, no deposit necessary.

There are dozens of big dealers with enough Corvette business to earn plenty of Z06s. If you don't like the deposit one dealer is demanding, then just move on to another dealer, and another and another, until you find one who does the deal you're happy with.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:04 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
In late 2012 I asked my nearest Dodge I mean SRT dealer what the deal was for ordering a new Viper. They said it starts with a $10,000 deposit. Sure chief, got that on me right now in fact, but I think I'll wait to see what you order for stock. They've now had a $131k Viper GTS in their showroom for a year. At least they let me sit in it and even took my picture, no deposit necessary.

There are dozens of big dealers with enough Corvette business to earn plenty of Z06s. If you don't like the deposit one dealer is demanding, then just move on to another dealer, and another and another, until you find one who does the deal you're happy with.
Is that Dodge dealer asking $99K like my local one is for their 2013?
Tempted to go offer then $90k...

I'm on the list with my dealer that I purchased my C7 with, they didnt require a deposit.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Ensoniq
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When are final specs and features due to be released. We're getting near 4 months from deliveries.

They have to be final by now don't they? I'd think they'd be producing at this point.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:25 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Ensoniq
When are final specs and features due to be released. We're getting near 4 months from deliveries.

They have to be final by now don't they? I'd think they'd be producing at this point.

We're talking Z06 model here.... ordering is late 2014 with deliveries in early 2015.

The 2015 Stingray model will start ordering late June/early July...production in August.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 05-30-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:58 AM
PREDATR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
Old 05-30-2014, 09:55 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Is that Dodge dealer asking $99K like my local one is for their 2013?
Tempted to go offer then $90k...
Sure worth a try. I haven't been over there in a few months and for all I know they still have the $5,000 markup on the sticker. This one is white with black stripes and black interior, not the wildest color combo, but should appeal to somebody. The only other Viper they had was a blue-white Launch Edition that took a few months to sell.

$90k should at least get you the red Launch Edition, 108 sticker, that's been at my next closest Dodge dealer for a year. Sure wish I could mix-n-match one with a convertible Z06 but funds aren't there.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:00 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

If its a larger dealer then I would go with what they say.

I bought my C7 at Coughlin and they would not take a deposit, tried twice, my name on the reservation list and deposits will be accepted when allocation info comes out.

If its a smaller dealer and you want a car, goto a bigger dealer.

All you can pretty much guarantee is that top 10 dealers in the country will get good allocation, who knows beyond that the first year.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:35 PM
post-it
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
While local is great and local dealers can get the C7 Stingray, the Z06 is a different car and a limited edition. That means unless that local dealer is high on the food chain in selling Corvettes their chance of getting an allocation for the Z06 is very low.
This dealer has been selling Chevy's for almost 100 years. They have delivered four of my six Vettes. They have delivered their fair share of
Z06 cars for many years. Would have been No. 1 on the list, however, the owner wants one!

Get notified of new replies

To Deposits vs. reservations

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deposits vs. reservations