C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Some ZO6 questions for you guys.....

Old 08-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Some ZO6 questions for you guys.....

I have noticed that for the most part whenever you see pics of the new car that we are all impatiently waiting for it always seems to be the ZO7 version. In other words the highest price version. My questions are can you get the "large rear spoiler" as an "option" on the stage 1 and stage 2 versions??? Also does anyone know how much wider the tires will be on the new ZO6 versus say the Z51 C7??? My understanding is the ZO7 comes with cup tires which appear to me to be basically "slicks" as they use to say in the old days. Something that would certainly "hydroplane" if you ever got caught in the rain God forbid. I have read that the ZO7 version is really meant for the track and not really a street car. Don't know if that is true or not but if it is it wouldn't be for alot of us. The last thing Iam going to do is put it out on a black asphalt track so I can get crap all over it. Does anyone know for sure what "specific" options will come with stage 1, 2, and 3?????
Old 08-03-2014, 10:51 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

The spoiler for the Stage 2 and 3 is the same with the clear wickerbill being removable on the Stage 3. In fact, the Stage 3 comes from the factory as a Stage 2 with the front splitter winglets and clear wickerbill in the 'trunk'.

Get the Stage 2 if you want the large spoiler and the Michelin Pilot Sport tires...same size as the cups:

TIRES:
Stingray....
front: P245/40R18
rear: P285/35R19

Z06.....
Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport run-flat
summer only
front: P285/30ZR19
rear: P335/25ZR20

Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport Cup run-flat
summer only5

Don't buy the Z07 option if you don't want the cup tires and understand the Z07 option will have a firmer ride quality due to stiffer springs and MSRC settings.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 08-03-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Bob; A big "Thank You" to you for the info. If you had to take a wild guess how many miles (assuming I drive decent) will I get out of a set of the "Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat tires"??? Again, I thank you very much for the info.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:08 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

the mileage question depends largely how you drive and the alignment settings.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Jofu
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Of course do not forget that the ceramic brake rotors only come with the stage 3 (i.e. Z07), depending on if you care for those or not.

Geoff
Old 08-03-2014, 08:53 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
The spoiler for the Stage 2 and 3 is the same with the clear wickerbill being removable on the Stage 3. In fact, the Stage 3 comes from the factory as a Stage 2 with the front splitter winglets and clear wickerbill in the 'trunk'.

Get the Stage 2 if you want the large spoiler and the Michelin Pilot Sport tires...same size as the cups:

TIRES:
Stingray....
front: P245/40R18
rear: P285/35R19

Z06.....
Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport run-flat
summer only

Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport Cup run-flat
summer only5

Don't buy the Z07 option if you don't want the cup tires and understand the Z07 option will have a firmer ride quality due to stiffer springs and MSRC settings.
or buy the Z07 and sell me your PSC 2'S cheap
Old 08-03-2014, 08:55 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot77
I have noticed that for the most part whenever you see pics of the new car that we are all impatiently waiting for it always seems to be the ZO7 version. In other words the highest price version. My questions are can you get the "large rear spoiler" as an "option" on the stage 1 and stage 2 versions??? Also does anyone know how much wider the tires will be on the new ZO6 versus say the Z51 C7??? My understanding is the ZO7 comes with cup tires which appear to me to be basically "slicks" as they use to say in the old days. Something that would certainly "hydroplane" if you ever got caught in the rain God forbid. I have read that the ZO7 version is really meant for the track and not really a street car. Don't know if that is true or not but if it is it wouldn't be for alot of us. The last thing Iam going to do is put it out on a black asphalt track so I can get crap all over it. Does anyone know for sure what "specific" options will come with stage 1, 2, and 3?????
^^ugh....
Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Chuck - you should have your car just in time for the worst month of the year. Neither of the tire sets will work for you
Old 08-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

I plan in sticking with the stage 2 option. I do like the cross drilled look so I plan on getting a set of aftermarket rotors. (Not ceramic however)
Old 08-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bmbarney
Chuck - you should have your car just in time for the worst month of the year. Neither of the tire sets will work for you
Hello my very good friend; I probably will have to have it trailered home then. Better to do that than slide it off the interstate into a trooper. Ha-Ha.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:24 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
The spoiler for the Stage 2 and 3 is the same with the clear wickerbill being removable on the Stage 3. ...
Are the spoilers exactly the same? Meaning does stage 2 have the clear center just not removable, or does it not have the center section or any way to attach one?
Old 08-04-2014, 12:36 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1xL82
Are the spoilers exactly the same? Meaning does stage 2 have the clear center just not removable, or does it not have the center section or any way to attach one?

EDIT:
The Stage 2 and 3 rear spoilers are the same (size..no holes for clear section w/Stage2.. those that want to create a poser Z07 from a Stage 2 will have to drill holes for the clear wickerbill) ....Stage 2 does not have the clear center wickerbill portion like the Stage 3.

The clear section has Z07 written on it also.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 09-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Bob; You are the man!!!!!!! Thank You.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:20 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks Bob. That makes a lot of sense.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello my very good friend; I probably will have to have it trailered home then. Better to do that than slide it off the interstate into a trooper. Ha-Ha.
Yup - I will be right there with you!

The good news cant wait until pricing is released (hopefully end of Aug) so we know what we are dealing with, could be happier if I knew GMS was available, waiting to submit an order (Sept/Oct) and its excepted for production (Dec/Jan) and taking delivery smack in the middle of Nebraska winter.

For 4 months looking at a Z06 parked on the lift in my garage, as I sit in a chair, staring at it drinking a beer With snow 2 feet deep outside.

Like last year with the C7 ... weather starts to turn warmer but rocks from the winter snow are still on the ground - what a terrible sound in the wheel wells. It makes one wonder how they can say they love living in Nebraska?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bmbarney
Yup - I will be right there with you!

The good news cant wait until pricing is released (hopefully end of Aug) so we know what we are dealing with, could be happier if I knew GMS was available, waiting to submit an order (Sept/Oct) and its excepted for production (Dec/Jan) and taking delivery smack in the middle of Nebraska winter.

For 4 months looking at a Z06 parked on the lift in my garage, as I sit in a chair, staring at it drinking a beer With snow 2 feet deep outside.

Like last year with the C7 ... weather starts to turn warmer but rocks from the winter snow are still on the ground - what a terrible sound in the wheel wells. It makes one wonder how they can say they love living in Nebraska?
Well my very good friend you are going to have to do what my wife and myself do. Rent a nice "OceanFront" Condo in Carlsbad, Cally for 2 weeks in Feb. Its worth every penny and gets you out of here for 2 weeks in the dead of winter when everyday is an average of 25 below zero windchill index. Remember last winter??? It was one of the coldest ones here in Omaha for the last 40 years according to Channel 7 weather man Bill Randby. I can't take it with me so Iam going to spend some of it while Iam here. Take Care. Patriot77
Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 AM
TripleBlack99
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Bob; A big "Thank You" to you for the info. If you had to take a wild guess how many miles (assuming I drive decent) will I get out of a set of the "Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat tires"??? Again, I thank you very much for the info.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...any-miles.html

the miles you will get will likely range from a bit less than 15k miles, to almost 30k miles if you are lucky.
Some roads eat up tires much faster than others, for instance rough concrete roads will chew up the tires fast according to people in the above thread.

I got 21k miles on PSS tires on my 2006 z06. The fronts would have lasted longer, but i recently dialed in -2.75 degrees of camber on the fronts and it burned through the inside edge in a month.

The treadlife warranty is:

6 Years / 30,000 Miles
Half mileage for rear if different size than front

So since we do have staggered tires, the fronts are 6yr/30k and the rears are 6yr/15k

From tirerack.com, notice this part: "However not all consumers will receive the warranted mileage due to the variety of road surfaces, driving conditions and geographic influences across the United States."

"Tread/Mileage Warranties

Treadlife/mileage warranties are a popular marketing tool used to help position tires competitively in the marketplace by identifying their potential longevity. However not all consumers will receive the warranted mileage due to the variety of road surfaces, driving conditions and geographic influences across the United States.

Treadlife/mileage warranties typically do not apply to tires fitted as Original Equipment on new vehicles (unless specifically included by the tire manufacturer). Replacement tires covered by a treadlife/mileage warranty have the warranty cost factored into their price.

Treadlife/mileage warranties only apply to the original owner and vehicle upon which the set of tires was initially installed.

Treadlife/mileage warranties are also subject to time limits set by the tire manufacturers and expire along with the standard warranty four, five, or six years from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required).

According to most states' laws, tires become legally worn out when they reach 2/32" of remaining tread depth (identified when the tread blocks/ribs wear down to the bars molded across their tread pattern). Tire manufacturer treadlife/mileage warranties specify pro-rated replacement will only be considered when all four tires reach that point."

Last edited by TripleBlack99; 08-05-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:32 PM
farne230
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On my 2008 zo6 "427" I ran 16,000 miles in SA, Tx before replacing my pilots.

Get notified of new replies

To Some ZO6 questions for you guys.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some ZO6 questions for you guys.....