C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Do You Think the Order Guide is Correct On This?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Do You Think the Order Guide is Correct On This?????

In the ZO6 order guide it says the ZO6 is 77.4 inches wide "W O" the mirrors. I take it that they are saying 77.4" "without" the mirrors. Now, if that is "correct" then the new ZO6 is just as wide as my wifes 2011 Tahoe which is a very wide vehicle. Iam not trying to beat a dead horse here but just wondering if anyone out there has actually sat in a new ZO6????? I have not even seen one let alone sat in one. Iam going to order one but have some apprehension about the width. Iam not worried about the length at all. Maybe Iam worrying about nothing. Just wish there was a way to actually sit in one before I put it on order at the local dealer. PS I actually went out into my garage this morning and measured my wifes Tahoe from side to side for comparison. Without the mirrors it came in at 77.5"-same as the ZO6. My real point here is that the ZO6 is going to be monsteriously wide.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:14 AM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

I am sure the width is correct, the increase over the standard model is from the wider wheels.

I think the ONLY time you will even notice the additional width would be when entering through a garage door, bank drive through, etc. A same width Tahoe will feel much wider because that width is across virtually the entire length of the vehicle and the additional Tahoe length very much impacts the perception that is it very wide when maneuvering. Shortly after I bought my 2006 GMC 2500HD crew cab it had a recall update and the dealership gave me a regular cab version as a loaner, same width but slightly shorter and it FELT much narrower even though it wasn't.

Unless you are dealing with an extremely narrow garage opening I don't think you will even notice the extra width.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:55 AM
mikegaan
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

As mentioned in a similar thread, garage door/parking width with mirrors extended should not be a factor. Seating/cabin width is the same as the Stingray. The 'extra' width is in the hips, not the cabin, so the mirror width should be the same as the base car.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:04 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot77
In the ZO6 order guide it says the ZO6 is 77.4 inches wide "W O" the mirrors. I take it that they are saying 77.4" "without" the mirrors. Now, if that is "correct" then the new ZO6 is just as wide as my wifes 2011 Tahoe which is a very wide vehicle. Iam not trying to beat a dead horse here but just wondering if anyone out there has actually sat in a new ZO6????? I have not even seen one let alone sat in one. Iam going to order one but have some apprehension about the width. Iam not worried about the length at all. Maybe Iam worrying about nothing. Just wish there was a way to actually sit in one before I put it on order at the local dealer. PS I actually went out into my garage this morning and measured my wifes Tahoe from side to side for comparison. Without the mirrors it came in at 77.5"-same as the ZO6. My real point here is that the ZO6 is going to be monsteriously wide.
My C6 Z06 is 75.9 inches wide across the rear fenders. It gives me absolutely no problems that are any different from driving/parking my skinny *** 64 which is 69.6 inches wide. Since my C6 Z06~83.6 inches is across the mirrors, that is what I'm concerned with when driving/parking, not the width across the rear fenders. I'm just a little more careful when driving onto my 4-post lift to change the oil with the Z06 since he mirrors stick out father on the Z06 than with the 64.

BTW, the distance between the posts on my lift is narrower than a standard eight foot garage door, and way narrower than a standard sixteen foot double garage door.

Last edited by JoesC5; 08-29-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Do You Think the Order Guide is Correct On This?????

Quick Reply: Do You Think the Order Guide is Correct On This?????