C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Please review my build

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:48 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Please review my build

For reasons I can't get into I have to place my build order ASAP. Yes I know that allocations are the 2nd.

Please do me the favor of looking over my build and letting me know if I'm potentially missing anything. I want a loaded Z07, CF and suede everywhere...etc. There are a lot of funny little interior options here and there. I think I've cracked the code but I'm not entirely sure. Please take a look and let me know if it looks like I may be missing anything (other than custom vin, museum, plaque and that sort of thing ).

GBA - Black exterior
705 - Red interior

1YZ07 - Z06 Coupe - 78,995
Z07 - Z07 Performance Package - 7,995
3LZ - Z06 Preferred Equip Group - 8,650
AE4 - Competition Seats with Suede inserts and wheel - 2,495
J6D - Gray Calipers - 595
CFV - CF Ground Effects Package - 3,995
FAY - CF Interior Trim - 995
C2M - CF Dual Roof package - 2995
Q6U - Z06 Black Aluminum Wheels - 495
VK3 - Front License Plate Bracket - 15
ERI - Battery Protection - 100
NE1 - NY emissions
N26 - Suede Steering wheel
FE7 - Z07 suspension

Total 107,325

Is it not possible to get red seats with Competition buckets with suede inserts? Page 87 (see below) of guide isn't promising. And, if I can't get suede inserts due to the red interior can I still get the suede wheel?

Additionally I'd like to order a set of silver wheels. Any ideas how?
Also, do they have any kind of cover for the second roof? I presume they ship the second roof secured in the hatch...with the extra Z07 aero?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Gene
Attached Images  

Last edited by phantasms; 08-29-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Gene; You know what went thru my mind when I went thru your list and saw the staggering "$107,225"???? Why doesn't he just wait and get the "ZR1" and then we will have the "Absolute Ultimate". Iam thinking you could get into the ZR1 for between $115 and $130. The problem I see is "if" and "when" you ever sell it you are going to take a bloodbath of a loss.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Looks like you have it covered... maybe your car will be the first with both tops and the aero bits.. guy at plant (pissed off) because he can't figure out how to fit everything in the car, unlatches the extra roof, kicks it out, lifts it over his head like a mad man while other corvettes are whizzing out the door.

You build looks good to me. All I would add is the floor mats, battery tender and door sill protectors.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:36 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
Looks like you have it covered... maybe your car will be the first with both tops and the aero bits.. guy at plant (pissed off) because he can't figure out how to fit everything in the car, unlatches the extra roof, kicks it out, lifts it over his head like a mad man while other corvettes are whizzing out the door.

You build looks good to me. All I would add is the floor mats, battery tender and door sill protectors.
Haha...that's a bit of a concern!
Good call on the battery tender. It looks like floor mats are standard and I'm not much of a logo mat guy. I didn't see door sill protectors but that I can live without anyway.

Thank you for the help!

Best,
Gene
Old 08-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Do you need the FE7 Z07 suspension option when choosing the Z07 Performance Package?

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 08-29-2014, 09:40 AM
scutzi128
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot77
Hi Gene; You know what went thru my mind when I went thru your list and saw the staggering "$107,225"???? Why doesn't he just wait and get the "ZR1" and then we will have the "Absolute Ultimate". Iam thinking you could get into the ZR1 for between $115 and $130. The problem I see is "if" and "when" you ever sell it you are going to take a bloodbath of a loss.
I would not buy any Corvette if resale value is something you are considering. Also there is no information that a C7 ZR1 will ever even be offered.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

It's not what he is asking advice on!

Not to get off topic but what if they don't have ZR1!

Sounds like a great car!

I'm getting basically the same car, except no Z07 & this time passing
on dual roof & going with CF roof only.

I have the dual roof (stingray) & only use the one!
The extra roof gets shipped in the locking area of the hatch!

Enjoy!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:42 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

You make a good point. However this is how I see it (and I very well could be wrong).

1. I may be dead tomorrow, unlikely but possible, so why wait.
2. I don't think they're going to have a ZR1 this time but I do think they're going to have a even crazier, and more expensive, halo car which I probably wouldn't want to daily drive into New York City.
3. If I were to wait for the halo car, and was a waiting type of person, there would probably be something else to wait for, and then something else....
4. My wife and I are going to put 100k miles on this thing in ~5 years so we'll take a bloodbath of a loss anyway. Any Corvette purchase is a bloodbath of a loss, the only question is how many pints.

Best,
Gene
Old 08-29-2014, 09:45 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Halltech
Do you need the FE7 Z07 suspension option when choosing the Z07 Performance Package?
I just poured over the guide. It seems that you do, but it's included with the Z07 package. I just want to make sure I pump all the necessary codes into the computer later today so that there are no issues.

Does anyone know...when an item is "included and only available" do you have to enter that second code into the computer or does it do it automatically?

Best,
Gene
Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2014, 09:50 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by harley2
It's not what he is asking advice on!

Not to get off topic but what if they don't have ZR1!

Sounds like a great car!

I'm getting basically the same car, except no Z07 & this time passing
on dual roof & going with CF roof only.

I have the dual roof (stingray) & only use the one!
The extra roof gets shipped in the locking area of the hatch!

Enjoy!
Thanks! I was going to only get the CF roof and was explaining the options to my wife. Our JCW Mini Cooper, which she loves, has a glass roof. I said "the glass roof is silly because you can just pop the top off if you want to see the sky". She didn't say anything but I was able to use my super husband powers to deduce that she was disappointed and kind of wanted a glass roof. Happy wife happy life!

Best,
Gene
Old 08-29-2014, 09:56 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

So your advice is to wait for a non existent car at an imaginary price in your head?
Old 08-29-2014, 10:02 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Since you say this car will be a Daily Driver, perhaps you might want to read this concerning the "Track Package" you are planning.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...html#post77149
Old 08-29-2014, 10:14 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Since you say this car will be a Daily Driver, perhaps you might want to read this concerning the "Track Package" you are planning.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...html#post77149
Thank you very much. That was very informative. However, I personally prefer a car as stiff as possible. I've driven many different iterations of cars when I was a journalist and always found it to be the stiffer the better. I like how it effects the handling and I like to be able to feel every little thing on the road. My JCW Mini Cooper that I've put 83k miles on has a JCW race suspension and it beats the hell out of a person. That said, I love it, my wife loves it, occasional backseat passengers hate it . And while the touring mode will be stiffer than the touring mode of a non Z07, I'm sure it will be a softer ride than I'm already dealing with.

Best,
Gene
Old 08-29-2014, 10:23 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Great, glad that you now know what the ride quality will be like with the "Track Package".

I would not care for driving a car with the stiffness of a dump truck.
And of course, the Z06 can be set in Track mode and be plenty firm in its ride quality, but also offer the benefits of a more quality ride if need be. JMHO.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 08-29-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:56 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Great, glad that you now know what the ride quality will be like with the "Track Package".

I would not care for driving a car with the stiffness of a dump truck.
And of course, the Z06 can be set in Track mode and be plenty firm in its ride quality, but also offer the benefits of a more quality ride if need be. JMHO.
As much as I want the CCBs I am coming to the same conclusion as you. I don't mind a reasonably firm ride, but a race track rough suspension in a street car is not my cup of tea. I'd have to drive one to say for sure, but there is a REAL possibility I would regret getting the Z07. And the Cup 2 tires are certainly not my first choice for a street tire.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Looks like you have everything covered but if you are looking for feedback, I'd go with the no charge red calipers to go with your interior. Additionally, I think the suede steering wheel looks like a teenaged girls fuzzy steering wheel cover...just looks tacky to me. I do like all the other suede options though.

Get notified of new replies

To Please review my build

Quick Reply: Please review my build