C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Black interior 1LZ vs. Black interior 2LZ

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 08:17 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Default Black interior 1LZ vs. Black interior 2LZ

Back and forth between a 1 and 2LZ. If I went with a 1LZ it would obviously have a black interior. Considering the comp seats as well. Question is would a 1LZ with black comp seats look the same as a 2LZ with black comp seats? I know the 2LZ has the color coordinated "splashes", but with a black interior would it even be noticable??

Thanks
Old 08-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
Back and forth between a 1 and 2LZ. If I went with a 1LZ it would obviously have a black interior. Considering the comp seats as well. Question is would a 1LZ with black comp seats look the same as a 2LZ with black comp seats? I know the 2LZ has the color coordinated "splashes", but with a black interior would it even be noticable??

Thanks
I am also debating on moving up from the 1LZ to the 2LZ. Not sure what you mean by the "splashes."

From what I have read/heard, if you go with the black interior, you will not see a difference between the 1LZ and the 2LZ. However, you gain a few options.

Last edited by Paulchristian; 08-31-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:39 PM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Not so much difference

Although your comp seats I believe would have lumbar and bolster adjustments, but the dash, console, arm rest look would not be much difference. i.e. black on black.

The 2LT would mostly be about the Bose premium stereo/sub, heated and vented seats, the auto dimming mirrors and memory seats. Stuff you likely where aware of anyway.

In 1LZ I think you can only order Comp seats in black with micro fiber inserts ($2,495) but in 2LZ you can order black Comp seats in the all leather ($1,995) as well.

One thing that 2LZ does give you is the option to order carbon fiber dash, if that was an interest.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:42 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

By splashes I mean the color coordinated console cover, door arm rests, dash thingy ect.

I'm probably going to do comp seats so suede is in play for me with the 1LZ. If I went with the 2LZ I might go with the red interior so suede would be out if I am interpreting the order guide correctly.

Comp seats do concern me slightly as i suspect that when the day comes for me to sell i probably will be greatly reducing my buyer pool with those seats.....

So many decisions!!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:42 AM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you search and read the Comp seat experience from those that have had them for a while, mostly good reports about comfort, even during long runs. So it may not be as much of a trade off as you think. I believe the figures on it are 20% firmer bottom.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:33 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 6SHIFTIN
If you search and read the Comp seat experience from those that have had them for a while, mostly good reports about comfort, even during long runs. So it may not be as much of a trade off as you think. I believe the figures on it are 20% firmer bottom.
I sat in the car that had them at the Detroit Auto Show. I did not like how they fit me, but it was so crowded/rushed I did not really have time and the battery must have been dead because I couldn't adjust them. My back would not rest on the seat back due to my shoulders hitting the sides of the seats. Im 6' 195 with broad shoulders... seems like other prople my size like them so im thinking that with some adjustment they should be fine. Im Trying to find a car local to me that has them to check them out.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Black interior 1LZ vs. Black interior 2LZ

Quick Reply: Black interior 1LZ vs. Black interior 2LZ