C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Have everything figured out except colors

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 08:46 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Default Have everything figured out except colors

Okay... After 3 days and too much time on this forum I have my build... except color. I'm all over the map on it. So here's my build/plan

7 Speed Coupe
2LZ
Painted Aero
Comp seats with suede (unless I choose a red interior)
CF mirrors (unless I chose a black exterior)
Stinger (unless I choose a black exterior)
Battery tender
Black wheels (possibly spectra grey if I go with black)
Nav/PDR
Standard roof

keeps me right at 90 which is where I wanted to be.

Now concerning the color. I am hoping that I am NOT an early build so that once production is up and running I can go to Bowling Green (3 1/2 hour drive for me) to take a plant tour or two to see the different colors with my own eyes. Lightning inside there is a bit off, but I think it will be good enough to pick the winner. Really hoping for around a February build as getting this car Dec - Feb would be torture. That would also allow The local stealerships who want $20000+ over sticker to collect some inventory for me to check out.

Leaning towards either

Red/Black
White/Black or Red
Black/Grey or Red
Laguna Blue/Black
have had brief considerations of NRB, Yellow, Silver and TSG, but I doubt any of those will make it.

orange and crm have no chance.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
Okay... After 3 days and too much time on this forum I have my build... except color. I'm all over the map on it.
I am glad I am not the only one going somewhat nuts with this...

In your case, since you are considering black and don't seem to mind the extra work it required to keep clean, I would definitely go black with gray or red interior, CFV, and Spectra rims. I wish I could convince myself to do the same because I think that black with spectra rims is the most menacing look you can achieve with the C7 in my opinion, but I promised myself I would never buy another black car for the reason I cited above.

I have narrowed down to three choices and have no clue which direction I am going to go. My dealer hasn't given me any reason to believe I will see a car for quite some time, so I have some time to decide.

Silver/Black/spectra
Shark Gray/Black/spectra
Yellow/Black/Black or spectra

Last edited by Paulchristian; 08-31-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:41 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
I am glad I am not the only one going somewhat nuts with this...

In your case, since you are considering black and don't seem to mind the extra work it required to keep clean, I would definitely go black with gray or red interior, CFV, and Spectra rims. I wish I could convince myself to do the same because I think that black with spectra rims is the most menacing look you can achieve with the C7 in my opinion, but I promised myself I would never buy another black car for the reason I cited above.

I have narrowed down to three choices and have no clue which direction I am going to go. My dealer hasn't given me any reason to believe I will see a car for quite some time, so I have some time to decide.

Silver/Black/spectra
Shark Gray/Black/spectra
Yellow/Black/Black or spectra
It's a sickness for sure.

I know black is a pita.... but this car will not be a daily driver so it's tolerable for me. My 02 Z was black. Had yellow, Lemans Blue and White since then. Should get Red, but not ready to commit to that.

if my opinion counts and you are considering yellow I'd say do it... The "leno" car looks sick!! Yellow with all the black you can add.

good luck my friend
Old 08-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
It's a sickness for sure.

I know black is a pita.... but this car will not be a daily driver so it's tolerable for me. My 02 Z was black. Had yellow, Lemans Blue and White since then. Should get Red, but not ready to commit to that.

if my opinion counts and you are considering yellow I'd say do it... The "leno" car looks sick!! Yellow with all the black you can add.

good luck my friend
...I just might.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:51 PM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The most aggressive interior is Adrenaline, especially in 2LZ or 3LZ and the most aggressive exterior is Velocity yellow. But that does not work so well together.

So Yellow with lots of Black with yellow or red calipers

or

Adrenaline interior with Torch, White or Silver, with red calipers.

For me, the Z06 needs to be a bit out front from a color stand point.

Comp seats and Carbon Fiber dash as well.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:14 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 6SHIFTIN
The most aggressive interior is Adrenaline, especially in 2LZ or 3LZ and the most aggressive exterior is Velocity yellow. But that does not work so well together.

So Yellow with lots of Black with yellow or red calipers

or

Adrenaline interior with Torch, White or Silver, with red calipers.

For me, the Z06 needs to be a bit out front from a color stand point.

Comp seats and Carbon Fiber dash as well.
I don't agree with adrenaline red being aggressive. It is too much of a bright 'lipstick" red color. It needs to be toned down a ton and replaced with a darker/richer looking blood-like red, IMO

Last edited by Paulchristian; 08-31-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:31 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
I don't agree with adrenaline red being aggressive. It is too much of a bright 'lipstick" red color. It needs to be toned down a ton and replaced with a darker/richer looking blood-like red, IMO

I'd agree with the aggressive description. .. I'd probably would use bold as my adjective. I have a thing for black and red interiors. My 96 GS is a red gut car (that red will burn your eyes out) and my C6Z has the black and red interior. It is a lot less in your face that the red option in the C7. I wish there was something similar available for the C7Z.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:46 AM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I do agree that the Adrenaline could have been a little darker to make it a little less in your face.

But having said that the Z06 version, in both 2LZ and 3LZ, will have a toned down amount of Adrenaline. With only 2 seats vs the 4 shown in your pic, in a previous reply above, it will have a much lower percentage of red versus black. I think this will help the look not be too strong.

I saw Adrenaline in person and liked it, more than I first thought.

Last edited by 6SHIFTIN; 09-01-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:57 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I am also having a tough time deciding on colors.

I think I have it down to 2 combinations:

Shark Gray with Adrenalin Red interior, visible aero.

Crystal Red Tintcoat with Black or Dark Gray interior, painted aero.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LT1xL82
I am also having a tough time deciding on colors.

I think I have it down to 2 combinations:

Shark Gray with Adrenalin Red interior, visible aero.

Crystal Red Tintcoat with Black or Dark Gray interior, painted aero.
FWIW, I think CRT with Dark Gray Leather, Spectra Wheels, and CFV or CFZ would look great...and you'd have a unique color. I have not read one post indicting someone was going with CRT.

I have been playing around with other ideas such a NRB with Dark Gray interior, CFV, and Spectra or silver wheels.

I think I have crossed shark gray off the list...seems like everyone is getting it. It might be nice to differentiate from the crowd a bit

Last edited by Paulchristian; 09-01-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM
rrm
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Well its good to see that others are struggling as am I. My wife has a Maserati like the one shown above except it's an MC and black interior with double white stitching. I would have preferred the red but in the Masi as in the 911 the red interior is IMO too much red. The picture above of the red interior vette is that a 3lz? I believe it is so it is not even close to the Masi in "over powering" color. I also would like to know what stitching each interior color has and where. One of the forum vendors has posted a picture of a steering wheel that they have re-done in red stitching which IMO is stunning.
Also if you don't go 3lz and add suede to the headliner just what is it made of?...rrm
Old 09-01-2014, 07:50 PM
TX-OU812
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I am biased, I find Laguna Blue stunning

Get notified of new replies

To Have everything figured out except colors

Quick Reply: Have everything figured out except colors