C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

What to put with Daytona Sunrise Orange

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 09:43 AM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What to put with Daytona Sunrise Orange

Now we have a little better idea about the color, so what to put together with it on a 1LZ Z06 Vert.

DSOM Option 1: Spectra Gray wheels, Dark Grey interior and Cyber Gray Stinger stripe, Black top. (combines orange with black/gray accents on exterior and interior)

DSOM Option 2: Spectra Gray Wheels, Kalahari Interior and Cyber Gray Stinger Stripe, Kalahari top. (not enough pics yet to know if these colors will clash somewhat or not)

DSOM Option 3: Black Wheels, Black interior, Carbon Flash Stinger and Black top. (mean looking orange and black)

Anyone wanting to put full dual stripes instead of the stinger stripe.

Same question about black mirrors and spoiler or not, although Z06 spoiler may only come in black, even on a 1LZ.

Comp seats or not is another question, but this leaves out Dark Gray interior on a 1LZ and you would need to go 2LZ.
Attached Images    
Old 09-21-2014, 09:58 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

DSOM Option 3: Black Wheels, Black interior, Carbon Flash Stinger and Black top. (mean looking orange and black).........

OR Spectra-Gray wheels. You have the wheels correct for this car (don't do the pearl nickel or chrome...huge contrast and clash with the orange/black theme).

I like the look of the convertible with the black top w/o the stinger stripe. Might be a good alternative per DSOM Option 3.

Of course mine is similar but with Laguna Blue, SG wheels and no stripe

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 09-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Pony rider
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am getting the orange, I wanted the carbon fiber ground effects and carbon roof and interior but my dealer didn't get the C7 option . Is there anyway to get this?
I recently came back to Corvette after many years buying foreign cars. But I don't like the idea I can't get orange stitching . Or other minor things.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

If you're looking for opinions, mine is don't get the full length racing stripes. IMO, they work best on pony/muscle cars. There are plenty of black accents all over the ZO6 already.

If I got orange, I'd go with spectra wheels and tan or black interior. No stripes or stinger sticker. This is how I would order it:

Last edited by Paulchristian; 09-21-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:59 AM
rwillitt
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

My personal choice is black wheels and black interior with competition seats (2lz interior), CFZ aero package, no stripes, my personal preference is that they don't really look good on the C7's, but that's just me.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:34 AM
VET/TED
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an order in for DSOM, black wheels, black interior, black top, 2LZ with GT seats and Stage 2 carbon flash Aero with manual transmission. Can't wait. Should be one of the first at my dealer when verts become available.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Nitemare9
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6SHIFTIN
Now we have a little better idea about the color, so what to put together with it on a 1LZ Z06 Vert.

DSOM Option 1: Spectra Gray wheels, Dark Grey interior and Cyber Gray Stinger stripe, Black top. (combines orange with black/gray accents on exterior and interior)

DSOM Option 2: Spectra Gray Wheels, Kalahari Interior and Cyber Gray Stinger Stripe, Kalahari top. (not enough pics yet to know if these colors will clash somewhat or not)

DSOM Option 3: Black Wheels, Black interior, Carbon Flash Stinger and Black top. (mean looking orange and black)

Anyone wanting to put full dual stripes instead of the stinger stripe.

Same question about black mirrors and spoiler or not, although Z06 spoiler may only come in black, even on a 1LZ.

Comp seats or not is another question, but this leaves out Dark Gray interior on a 1LZ and you would need to go 2LZ.
Option one with 2LZ is exactly what I am ordering if they ever lift the constraints on verts and A8 and CFZ.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Pony rider
Intermediate

Default Ground effects on C7

Originally Posted by VET/TED
I have an order in for DSOM, black wheels, black interior, black top, 2LZ with GT seats and Stage 2 carbon flash Aero with manual transmission. Can't wait. Should be one of the first at my dealer when verts become available.
I just saw an email from my dealer that I'm getting all that I want . With the manual. Window is about 107k. That's out there but I want it. Let's see how it looks in orange. Still wish it had more carbon inside and orange stitching . But I feel privileged just to get one early.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:17 PM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
DSOM Option 3: Black Wheels, Black interior, Carbon Flash Stinger and Black top. (mean looking orange and black).........

OR Spectra-Gray wheels. You have the wheels correct for this car (don't do the pearl nickel or chrome...huge contrast and clash with the orange/black theme).

I like the look of the convertible with the black top w/o the stinger stripe. Might be a good alternative per DSOM Option 3.

Yes this Laguna Blue color with Spectra and Dark Gray interior and Black top is also awesome.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 6SHIFTIN; 09-21-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
vettec4c5c6
Advanced

bobsz06, are you getting the z07 package with that? if not, what color calipers with the laguna blue/sg wheels? standard red, or the optional yellow or black? i am ordering a laguna blue vert/sg wheels but stage 2 (cfv) and cannot decide on caliper color.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:21 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by vettec4c5c6
bobsz06, are you getting the z07 package with that? if not, what color calipers with the laguna blue/sg wheels? standard red, or the optional yellow or black? i am ordering a laguna blue vert/sg wheels but stage 2 (cfv) and cannot decide on caliper color.

Mine will be the coupe as above...NO Track Package!
I am going with the "Z06 Specific BLUE" interior. "Dark Gray" interior is not all that dark..very medium at best.
Yes, also the CFV and roof and instrument panel...fully optioned CF.

Calipers.... Black

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 09-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:47 PM
RFZ
Melting Slicks

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

I am going with the "Z06 Specific BLUE" interior. "Dark Gray" interior is not all that dark..very medium at best.

Calipers.... Black
the blue interior reminds me of the blue interior of the 13 c6 .
Old 09-22-2014, 09:26 AM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Originally Posted by RFZ
the blue interior reminds me of the blue interior of the 13 c6 .
I believe it is the same blue from the C6 427 special edition car.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:54 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have looked at the Kalahari interior next to a DSOM paint chip and I believe they are going to clash badly. I recommend black or dark gray - I'm still trying to decide which of the two I'm going with right now. I'm starting to lean towards the gray so that the two-tone effect on door panels and dash will stand out. I am actually planning on coloring the stitching for that custom look when I get it.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:05 PM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by dlparsons
I have looked at the Kalahari interior next to a DSOM paint chip and I believe they are going to clash badly.
Boy, I sure hope you're wrong on this. I have the DSOM and the 3LZ Kalahari interior ordered hoping that the lack of Kalahari on the dash (compared to the 3LT) will prevent a color overload. Since I also ordered the A8 I'll have some time to change my mind once others start hitting the road.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:10 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by time2run
Boy, I sure hope you're wrong on this. I have the DSOM and the 3LZ Kalahari interior ordered hoping that the lack of Kalahari on the dash (compared to the 3LT) will prevent a color overload. Since I also ordered the A8 I'll have some time to change my mind once others start hitting the road.
The problem I see is that the waterfall sits right between the seats - too much orange in one place. I hope the full-size version looks better than when I put the chip next to it. The Corvette designers seem to think it will look good or they wouldn't allow it without override. So maybe it was just a perception issue on my part.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:49 PM
vettec4c5c6
Advanced

Calipers.... Black
Bobz06, thanks for the reply. the black calipers sounds great to me. i was set on the dark gray interior because the NY auto show launch car in laguna blue had it, but the blue interior looks sharp. thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To What to put with Daytona Sunrise Orange

Old 09-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Steelvette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sat in the Kalahari 3lt over the race weekend here in Austin and think it will work with the DSOM-I think there is enuff black to break it up!! Just sad no Z06's were at the event..Note how dark it looks next to the white,,BTW my honey is an ace with the thumb lens

Old 09-22-2014, 05:59 PM
shockwave
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Calipers.... Black
On the 2015's the Dark Gray is a dark Gray. On the 2014 the Grey is lighter. We were looking at one this past weekend. We ordered our DSOM Z06 this past weekend with the Dark Grey interior.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:25 PM
S.U. Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Steelvette
Sat in the Kalahari 3lt over the race weekend here in Austin and think it will work with the DSOM-I think there is enuff black to break it up!! Just sad no Z06's were at the event..Note how dark it looks next to the white,,BTW my honey is an ace with the thumb lens

That looks more like brownstone, not kalahari.

Quick Reply: What to put with Daytona Sunrise Orange