C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Constraints?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 01:34 PM
nethomas
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Constraints?????

Perhaps this has been answered before, just ignore if it has. Let's use the tops for the Z06 as an example. Are they asking us to believe that whatever company makes those tops, they can't keep up because they are not able to make them fast enough, or they are busy making different tops for other companies? Somehow that just doesn't fly with me. Maybe someone on here from manufacturing can help me out. I can understand the Vert, have to change the line, or the A8, wokring on getting bugs out of a new product, but can't understand the other constraints.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:43 PM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I'm no manufacturing expert, but I have to agree with you. They have known for over a year that the demand for the C7 and Z06 is huge. Run another shift, and manufacture/sell product while the the demand is hot.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:56 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

depending on the process there would probably be even more quality control issues if they do that. i'm sure the company that's providing them is trying to make as many as they possibly can, it's how they make a profit. my guess is that this is a temporary situation and both parties will do what is necessary to try to handle any manufacturing shortfalls.

Get notified of new replies

To Constraints?????

Quick Reply: Constraints?????