C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Cold Weather Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 01:48 PM
PREDATR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cold Weather Delivery?

My northern brethren,

It may be possible that some of us will have to take delivery in the snow and ice covered months. In Minnesota that's Late possibly mid Nov-March or early April.

What say you to transportation options from the dealership that could be built into the purchase agreement?
Old 09-23-2014, 03:50 PM
H2LS3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my stingray delivered first week of Jan in MN and my dealer was awesome about it. They brought it out to my house in an enclosed trailer without any sort of agreement before hand. If your dealer is good they should understand if they want to sell these cars in MN and in winter they need to go a little above for service.

The tires in these things are no joke either. I had to have all four of the ones replaces on my stingray because it sat in the rail yard with below zero temps. The dealer was great about that too. If it's cold when we get deliveries of the z06 make sure you check for cracks.

I have a VY coming with the initial orders too, I wonder how many MN guys there are on these first ones?

Old 09-23-2014, 03:58 PM
PREDATR
Drifting

Originally Posted by H2LS3
I had my stingray delivered first week of Jan in MN and my dealer was awesome about it. They brought it out to my house in an enclosed trailer without any sort of agreement before hand. If your dealer is good they should understand if they want to sell these cars in MN and in winter they need to go a little above for service.

The tires in these things are no joke either. I had to have all four of the ones replaces on my stingray because it sat in the rail yard with below zero temps. The dealer was great about that too. If it's cold when we get deliveries of the z06 make sure you check for cracks.

I have a VY coming with the initial orders too, I wonder how many MN guys there are on these first ones?

Nice congrats! I will definitely start my laundry list of check points

I don't know if my dealer is that nice. I think Quagmire is expecting.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:11 PM
H2LS3
Pro

Originally Posted by PREDATR
Nice congrats! I will definitely start my laundry list of check points

I don't know if my dealer is that nice. I think Quagmire is expecting.
Cool! I bet we all come in on the same truck! Hopefully they have the rail shipping figured out now, the stingray took like 50 days to ship lol.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:08 PM
PREDATR
Drifting

Cool! I bet we all come in on the same truck! Hopefully they have the rail shipping figured out now, the stingray took like 50 days to ship lol.
Lol! yep just got back from the dealer. I am at 2000 now and they agreed to ship mine from the dealership to my house if the weather was bad.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Lol! yep just got back from the dealer. I am at 2000 now and they agreed to ship mine from the dealership to my house if the weather was bad.
K,

How did it go? Did you leave your wallet there?
Old 09-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Cool! I bet we all come in on the same truck!
If so, I hope mine is at the back of the truck, because it means it'll be first to deliver. But, it's more likely that mine is loaded on top and in the front, and arrives without a cover; because the damn thing blew off just after leaving the plant parking lot...
Old 09-23-2014, 07:36 PM
H2LS3
Pro

That's great! Congrats!

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
If so, I hope mine is at the back of the truck, because it means it'll be first to deliver. But, it's more likely that mine is loaded on top and in the front, and arrives without a cover; because the damn thing blew off just after leaving the plant parking lot...
Lol my luck is just as bad, so this should interesting.

Should be interesting to see how fast they come. I looked back at my stingray and it went 2000 10/29 and was built 11/21. Who knows with these first run ones, but be awesome if we had a couple weeks to drive em!!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:00 AM
PREDATR
Drifting

That's great! Congrats!

Lol my luck is just as bad, so this should interesting.

Should be interesting to see how fast they come. I looked back at my stingray and it went 2000 10/29 and was built 11/21. Who knows with these first run ones, but be awesome if we had a couple weeks to drive em!!
Well I will try to be the optimistic one here in the MN bunch. We will all get our cars in time to break them in and then hibernate them in favor of Vikings football! lol
Old 09-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Well I will try to be the optimistic one here in the MN bunch. We will all get our cars in time to break them in and then hibernate them in favor of Vikings football! lol
All together now...TEDDY, TEDDY, TEDDY...

Get notified of new replies

To Cold Weather Delivery?

Quick Reply: Cold Weather Delivery?