C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Does the Z07 have a different suspension setup from the Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 06:03 AM
RS4EVA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Does the Z07 have a different suspension setup from the Z06?

I haven't read anything official, just speculation that it would be stiffer, and there were some settings that were different.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:22 AM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Yes. Harder riding, but better for road course track use. The mag ride settings are stiffer than the non Z07 suspension and the shocks, springs may be calibrated with stiffer components as well( not sure of that factor as I don't remember from Tadge's briefings and other sources the answer to that aspect). If one uses their Z06 for street use only, the lesser compliance on less than mainly smooth roads may be a big turn off. If one enjoys a fair amount of road course fun, the Z07 would be a great way to go, while accepting the trade off in comfort for street use.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:06 AM
hyteck9
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

its mag-ride... No reason it can't have a soft DD setting and be comfy on the street.

RIGHT?
Old 10-21-2014, 10:41 AM
arturox2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Many opinions on this topic. Search "daily driver" for relevant threads regarding suspension differences, tire wear, etc.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:48 AM
RS4EVA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

word from the dealer is Z07 includes:

mag ride 2.0 - only in Z07
stiffer springs
bigger aero front splitter
Cup tires
CCB which are a different caliper as well, so no fitting them afterwards
Old 10-21-2014, 10:54 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by hyteck9
its mag-ride... No reason it can't have a soft DD setting and be comfy on the street.

RIGHT?
All we really know is that it is calibrated differently for the Z07 option -- while it may have a comfy setting, it won't be the same comfy setting as the non-Z07. Elsewhere on the forum are several second-hand reports from those who've talked to the Chevy people to the effect that it will be noticeably less comfortable. We really need to hear some real-life experiences.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:16 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryBob
All we really know is that it is calibrated differently for the Z07 option -- while it may have a comfy setting, it won't be the same comfy setting as the non-Z07. Elsewhere on the forum are several second-hand reports from those who've talked to the Chevy people to the effect that it will be noticeably less comfortable. We really need to hear some real-life experiences.
My take is I don't expect it to be as comfy as my Stingray, but I also don't expect it to ride like a garbage truck. I like the idea of driving a specifically-tuned car. I also would guess that the GM company line is leaning toward warning folks to think about it just so they can say "we told you so" and don't have a ton of complaints ( and maybe not so many Z07 orders).

But then again, there is only a very small universe of folks who have actually driven the car, so we will see.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:35 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Z07 has a different suspension than the Z07. Both have Magnetic Select Ride. FE6 equipment code for suspension on all Z06s, FE7 Suspension for the Z07 package. I do not know what the packages include however.

Personally, I have no intentions of spending $11k for the Z07 package on a car that will not see the track. Mine will be a convertible, which I can't track even if I want to. I've watched the stock C7s run autocross compared to the stock C6, C6 Grand Sport and C6 Z06 and I can tell you that the C7 is already a much stiffer car than the C6, even the C6 Z06. And the C7 Z06 has a different suspension than the Stingray - so I would expect that to be even stiffer than the cars I've observed on the autocross course already. I think the Z06 is going to be plenty stiff enough for street driving without the Z07 package.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:47 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by hyteck9

RIGHT?
Mag ride can make the shocks more compliant. It can't make the springs softer. Tadge said the Z07 springs are 40% stiffer than C6 Z06 springs. Even with mag ride, a Z51 can't ride as smooth as a base Stingray. I expect the same correlation with the Z06 and Z07. I'm pretty sure the stabilizer bars are stiffer, too, as well as having warm weather, dry pavement, low longevity Cup 2 tires.

Get notified of new replies

To Does the Z07 have a different suspension setup from the Z06?

Quick Reply: Does the Z07 have a different suspension setup from the Z06?