C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Features Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:50 AM
DerStig
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Features Question

Just trying to understand which one of these features are going to be available in the Corvette. I visited one of the dealerships here the other day, they are completely clueless. I tried googling for some of these things and found conflicting results. I apologize if it's a repost, it would be great if you guys can help out:

- LED Headlights : Does corvette have full LED headlights, or are they partially LED with Xenon bulbs or just Xenon?
- Power tailgate/trunk : Does trunk open by itself when a button on the key fob is pressed or do you have to manually pull it up. In other words, is there a hydraulic mechanism inside the trunk?
- Cameras : Does the car have rear, front, top down cameras available?
- Parking assist : Does it have sensors in the back, front, sides and audio based assist inside cabin that beeps as you get close to obstacles?
- Hill assist : For manual cars, does corvette offer hill assist? This is a feature many European cars offer for manual (or dual clutch) cars where if the car is stopped on a hill, the brakes are engaged for a duration of 3 seconds on their own if you take your foot of the brake so the car does not slide down.
- Blind spot detection : Any lights or indicators on the dashboard, mirrors, etc for blind spot?
- Lane departure warnings : Similar to above for moving in and out of the lane without giving a turn signal.
- Adaptive Cruise Control : Cruise control that will decelerate and accelerate depending on traffic ahead using sensors.
- Automatic windshield sensor : Sensors that automatically control the speed of the windshield wipers depending on the speed and the amount of rain drops that hit on the windshield.
- Collusion Warning : Another driving aid that shows visual and audio warnings on the cockpit and inside the cabin if you don't slow down and a car in front of you is stopping/slowing down. The system can also brake on your behalf in catastrophic conditions.
- Keyless door open/Comfort access : You do not need to press anything on the key fob or place the key fob anywhere in the car to get in the car and start it.
- Folding side mirrors : Ability to fold the side mirrors.
- Adjustable side bolsters on seats : Ability to adjust side (top and bottom) bolsters.
- Auto start/stop : Car automatically stops in traffic to save gas when you are stopped at a red light etc.
- Customizing driving modes : Ability to turn off traction control or change throttle settings as well as other presets in the car and overriding one of the 5 driving modes based on your own needs.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:59 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...2015.tab3.html

Top table lists the Standard Features for the Z06
Old 10-21-2014, 12:04 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
Just trying to understand which one of these features are going to be available in the Corvette. I visited one of the dealerships here the other day, they are completely clueless. I tried googling for some of these things and found conflicting results. I apologize if it's a repost, it would be great if you guys can help out:

- LED Headlights : Does corvette have full LED headlights, or are they partially LED with Xenon bulbs or just Xenon?
- Power tailgate/trunk : Does trunk open by itself when a button on the key fob is pressed or do you have to manually pull it up. In other words, is there a hydraulic mechanism inside the trunk?
- Parking assist : Does it have sensors in the back, front, sides and audio based assist inside cabin that beeps as you get close to obstacles?
- Hill assist : For manual cars, does corvette offer hill assist? This is a feature many European cars offer for manual (or dual clutch) cars where if the car is stopped on a hill, the brakes are engaged for a duration of 3 seconds on their own if you take your foot of the brake so the car does not slide down.
- Blind spot detection : Any lights or indicators on the dashboard, mirrors, etc for blind spot?
- Lane departure warnings : Similar to above for moving in and out of the lane without giving a turn signal.
- Adaptive Cruise Control : Cruise control that will decelerate and accelerate depending on traffic ahead using sensors.
- Automatic windshield sensor : Sensors that automatically control the speed of the windshield wipers depending on the speed and the amount of rain drops that hit on the windshield.
- Collusion Warning : Another driving aid that shows visual and audio warnings on the cockpit and inside the cabin if you don't slow down and a car in front of you is stopping/slowing down. The system can also brake on your behalf in catastrophic conditions.
- Keyless door open/Comfort access : You do not need to press anything on the key fob or place the key fob anywhere in the car to get in the car and start it.
- Adjustable side bolsters on seats : Ability to adjust side (top and bottom) bolsters.
- Auto start/stop : Car automatically stops in traffic to save gas when you are stopped at a red light etc.
- Customizing driving modes : Ability to turn off traction control or change throttle settings as well as other presets in the car and overriding one of the 5 driving modes based on your own needs.

Thanks.

It doesn't have - and I hope it never will have - power trunk/hatch opener, or auto start/stop.

Has rear camera, and mirrors fold. I don't think it has LED lights, but I wouldn't be surprised if it and most other cars have those in the future. Hopefully it doesn't have lane departure warning, or if it does, hopefully it isn't annoying like every one I've ever experienced (or can shut off).

It does have hill assist - I have no experience with it, but Stingray owners with manual trans seem to suggest it works fine.

And the keyless fob allows you to walk up to your locked car, get in it and start it without touching the fob. C6s had that as well.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:04 PM
nethomas
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I would think as much as you know about the transmission, that you would know the entire car.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:23 PM
rrm
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nethomas
I would think as much as you know about the transmission, that you would know the entire car.
It's a set up...rrm
Old 10-21-2014, 12:27 PM
nethomas
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I know.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:00 PM
DerStig
Pro

Originally Posted by nethomas
Yeah I know.
I dont understand.

Transmission is something that is discussed at great length in lots of internet forums. Features of the C7 corvette, especially at a level of detail I am looking for, is not.

Most of those features I dont care about. I was just curious that's all. Thanks to the person who gave me the GM link, I'm going to read it up.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:18 PM
G352C6
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=OnPoint;1588089191]It doesn't have - and I hope it never will have - power trunk/hatch opener, or auto start/stop.

Has rear camera, and mirrors fold. QUOTE]

I don't think it has power folding side mirrors.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:27 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Built in DRL and bi-xenon HID forward lighting" per http://betterautomotivelighting.com/...id-headlights/

NO

It definitely has front facing with the Performance Data Recorder http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/...e-dash-cam-pdr
Rear vision camera is standard on all models per the Online Ordering Guide.

There are no parking assist aids other than the backup camera

Yes, the car comes with hill assist. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...revisited.html for reviews on this feature

No

No

No, just standard cruise control

No, standard wipers

N

Yes, standard on all cars, Remote start is also standard with the A8 Transmission

Yes, manually folding

Yes on the 3LZ or Comp Sport seat

No

Yes, standard on all Z06 models.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:47 PM
DerStig
Pro

Originally Posted by dlparsons
"Built in DRL and bi-xenon HID forward lighting" per http://betterautomotivelighting.com/...id-headlights/

NO

It definitely has front facing with the Performance Data Recorder http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/...e-dash-cam-pdr
Rear vision camera is standard on all models per the Online Ordering Guide.

There are no parking assist aids other than the backup camera

Yes, the car comes with hill assist. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...revisited.html for reviews on this feature

No

No

No, just standard cruise control

No, standard wipers

N

Yes, standard on all cars, Remote start is also standard with the A8 Transmission

Yes, manually folding

Yes on the 3LZ or Comp Sport seat

No

Yes, standard on all Z06 models.
Thank you very much.

The only thing that truly disappointed me is no remote start in manual transmission Why can't they make it work if the car is in neutral? I was so hoping for this.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 PM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you very much.

The only thing that truly disappointed me is no remote start in manual transmission Why can't they make it work if the car is in neutral? I was so hoping for this.
I bet BMW has that one and an better transmission.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:17 PM
beden1
Drifting

Thank you very much.

IMO, the Z06 is a raw sports car first, and as such, is not going to offer luxury features that add weight to the car. I also think GM puts more performance into the car without unnecessary techno gizmos in order to come in at a more affordable price point. Afterall, a Corvette like a Z06 is a pure driver's car.

I think the C6 ZR1 was more of a combination of performance and luxury as compared to the C6 Z06.

Last edited by beden1; 10-21-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:00 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Thank you very much.

I'm guessing there's too much risk of the car launching and killing someone with a manual if someone were to leave the car in gear. I'm guessing that GM lawyers said no to this option. It is available aftermarket for most cars, but requires conditions that must be met for safety reasons - ie. emergency brake engaged and car in neutral.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:01 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

OP didn't ask about 3 features I hope the Z06 doesn't have:

-cylinder deactivation
-heavy variable-valve timing
-Did GM remove the cheap-a$$ paddles from manual Z06s? That was just retarded; not even cheap Kias leave them in manual cars. That could be a deal-breaker for me too (yeah, I'm that picky )

Does anybody know?

And does the manual Tremec tranny crunches when cold like the GS did? That'd be a deal-breaker for sure too. I sold my otherwise excellent '12 GS Centennial because of that. Thx.

Last edited by JCtx; 10-22-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:09 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
OP didn't ask about 2 features I hope the Z06 doesn't have:

-cylinder deactivation
-heavy variable-valve timing

Does anybody know?

And does the manual Tremec tranny crunches when cold like the GS did? That'd be a deal-breaker for me. Thx.
Again, the Z06 is like the Stingray in that it has five driving modes, which the driver chooses. Choose "eco" and you get cylinder deactivation under some conditions. Choose any of the other four modes and you don't get it. Entirely up to you. The modes also differ in throttle response, suspension, nannies, etc. You get to choose.

The transmission is the same as in the C6 and teh C7 Stingray as far as I know.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:17 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by CaryBob
Again, the Z06 is like the Stingray in that it has five driving modes, which the driver chooses. Choose "eco" and you get cylinder deactivation under some conditions. Choose any of the other four modes and you don't get it. Entirely up to you.
Again? That's the first time I ask man . But thanks. All that weight and complication to make it happen should have been left out of the Z06, but at least it can be deactivated. I guess it also has the variable-valve timing. No wonder it's over 3,500 lbs. At least much lighter than the GTR .
Old 10-22-2014, 05:33 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Again? That's the first time I ask man . But thanks. All that weight and complication to make it happen should have been left out of the Z06, but at least it can be deactivated. I guess it also has the variable-valve timing. No wonder it's over 3,500 lbs. At least much lighter than the GTR .
Sorry, I answered your question in the other thread first.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:22 PM
kenhaim
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I will be using mine as a daily driver often in heavy traffic on dark early mornings, I really wish there was blind spot detection. Does anyone know of a decent after market product?

Get notified of new replies

To Features Question

Quick Reply: Features Question