C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Queued For Production - Timeline

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Default Queued For Production - Timeline

My order just went to 3000. Special thanks to Hendrick Chevy in Atlanta.

What is the next step? When should I expect delivery?
Old 10-22-2014, 08:49 AM
occar
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Next step is wait....

Those of us who ordered in the first consensus are still at 3000 as well.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:52 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Both 1st and 2nd consensus M7 Z06 orders that made it through constraints now stand at a minimum status 3000 (aka queued for production). The 1st consensus batch will get the 1st TPW's hopefully in early Nov while the 2nd may be towards the mid-end of Nov. Hopefully....
Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray

Both 1st and 2nd consensus M7 Z06 orders that made it through constraints now stand at a minimum status 3000 (aka queued for production). The 1st consensus batch will get the 1st TPW's hopefully in early Nov while the 2nd may be towards the mid-end of Nov. Hopefully....

Not true that the 1st consensus orders will get the 1st TPW's!

I was in 1st Consensus for the Stingray, others ordered way after me & had theirs built while I waited. I took delivery Oct 28th.

Once you dealer sends your order in they have No control over when car will be produced.

Production control will sequence your car when it is best.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:44 AM
PREDATR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harley2
Do you know how that will be determined?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:46 AM
dar02081961
Melting Slicks

Received 845 Likes on 497 Posts

It is true that for the most part the 1st consensus will get the 1st TPW's.
However there will be some exceptions for production control reasons as was your past experience.
The cars in the 1st consensus will generally be produced first. However things can vary slightly due to parts availiblity and even after production due to shipping arrangements for each region.
Just because a car was produced with a earlier TPW doesnt mean it will always show up at the dealer earlier than a vehicle with a slightly later TPW. I guess my point is you are both correct however neither of these statements is always true.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:48 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by harley2
Not true that the 1st consensus orders will get the 1st TPW's!

I was in 1st Consensus for the Stingray, others ordered way after me & had theirs built while I waited. I took delivery Oct 28th.

Once you dealer sends your order in they have No control over when car will be produced.

I'm aware of that and that's why I stated "hopefully".

I'm also in the first batch and still at 3000 with no TPW assigned... and anyone on the 2nd or succeeding batch can leapfrog ahead of someone on the 1st batch. I also agree with dar02081961's statement.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:58 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

I just checked and I just hit 3000 as well. I hope/expect that every order that currently stands at 3000 will be built before thanksgiving.

Congrats to us!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:23 PM
CosmosMpower
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If at 3000 now when is delivery?
Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Michael A Riley
Burning Brakes

Received 810 Likes on 221 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

At 3000 here too as of today, after changing to a larger dealer over the weekend. We are doing the museum delivery- how does that play into quality control and/or timeline?
Old 10-22-2014, 01:28 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Is there a way to visit the factory and see the car at the later stages being built without getting Museum Delivery?

I want to travel to BG and see my Vette and then head to the Bourbon Trail.

(TR, Z07, Black Wheels, Coupe, Jet Black 2LZ, Comp Seats, Nav/PDR)
Old 10-22-2014, 02:11 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JackTripper
Is there a way to visit the factory and see the car at the later stages being built without getting Museum Delivery?

I want to travel to BG and see my Vette and then head to the Bourbon Trail.

(TR, Z07, Black Wheels, Coupe, Jet Black 2LZ, Comp Seats, Nav/PDR)
once you hit 3400 if you can find out what your sequence number is and get the sequence number that is coming off the line at the end of a work day you can do the math to get a pretty good idea of what day your car will be on the trim line

example... sequence number 7000 is the last car off the line the Wednesday before your tpw. Your sequence number is 7700 at 180 cars/day your car would be finished late tuesday afternoon of your tpw.

i have done this and seen a few of my cars by doing the regular $7 plant tour. Getting the sequence number isnt necessarily the easiest thing to do though.

GL
Old 10-22-2014, 03:11 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
If at 3000 now when is delivery?
No one knows, as the cars that went to status 3000 a month ago on the first consens still don't have a TPW (Target Production Week) assigned. Then , after the cars are built, there will be some period of QC hold. The optimists say two weeks, but based on my experience with a '13 427 convertible and an early production '14 Stingray convertible, I'm guessing it will be more like four weeks.

If you want to be safe, I say by the end of the year.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:55 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
No one knows, as the cars that went to status 3000 a month ago on the first consens still don't have a TPW (Target Production Week) assigned. Then , after the cars are built, there will be some period of QC hold. The optimists say two weeks, but based on my experience with a '13 427 convertible and an early production '14 Stingray convertible, I'm guessing it will be more like four weeks.

If you want to be safe, I say by the end of the year.
How can I tell what number I am at? The tracking website just shows that I am queued for production, meaning 3000. Is there another area on the site where I can track the exact number?
Old 10-22-2014, 03:59 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by JackTripper
How can I tell what number I am at? The tracking website just shows that I am queued for production, meaning 3000. Is there another area on the site where I can track the exact number?
Your dealer can pull up your status with a few keystrokes. He can then either print out the full OrderWORKBENCH document, or save it as PDF file and email it to you. A good dealer will have no problem with this. After all, you are spending close to 100k on a Chevy, they can at least keep you informed. My last two vettes, the dealer sent me a weekly email as well as a copy of the OrderWORKBENCH anytime the status changed.

If your dealer is unwilling to do this (and that should tell you something,) you can go to this thread

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ng-thread.html

Give them your order number and the state of the dealer. In a day or two, they will get back with your status. Please follow the guidelines in the first post of that page and don't request more than 1 update per week and give them a couple days to respond. Don't be that guy who asks five times in a day and is pissed they don't instantly respond.

Just my $0.02 worth, but the GM tracking site is pretty basic and about worthless.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:18 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
Your dealer can pull up your status with a few keystrokes. He can then either print out the full OrderWORKBENCH document, or save it as PDF file and email it to you. A good dealer will have no problem with this. After all, you are spending close to 100k on a Chevy, they can at least keep you informed. My last two vettes, the dealer sent me a weekly email as well as a copy of the OrderWORKBENCH anytime the status changed.

If your dealer is unwilling to do this (and that should tell you something,) you can go to this thread

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ng-thread.html

Give them your order number and the state of the dealer. In a day or two, they will get back with your status. Please follow the guidelines in the first post of that page and don't request more than 1 update per week and give them a couple days to respond. Don't be that guy who asks five times in a day and is pissed they don't instantly respond.

Just my $0.02 worth, but the GM tracking site is pretty basic and about worthless.
Thanks.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM
VettesintheRockies
Pro

I have also been at 3000 for almost a month now.....I'm trying to maintain.......sold my 2008 Z06 a few weeks ago, went real fast and kind of got a great price plus the tax credit......
Don't like not having a Vette in the garage!!!!

So was thinking, the next step on that website is 'finished and made'.
Is there anyway we find out when they start coming down the line.
Have been to the factory and museum...if someone sees them start being built will they post up. Or do we get some kind of sign or notice
when production starts........I read the Forum every day. When it opens I expect to see a big....'THEY STARTED'....I guess not just yet!

Get notified of new replies

To Queued For Production - Timeline

Old 10-22-2014, 04:35 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by VettesintheRockies
I have also been at 3000 for almost a month now.....I'm trying to maintain.......sold my 2008 Z06 a few weeks ago, went real fast and kind of got a great price plus the tax credit......
Don't like not having a Vette in the garage!!!!

So was thinking, the next step on that website is 'finished and made'.
Is there anyway we find out when they start coming down the line.
Have been to the factory and museum...if someone sees them start being built will they post up. Or do we get some kind of sign or notice
when production starts........I read the Forum every day. When it opens I expect to see a big....'THEY STARTED'....I guess not just yet!
See post #15. Following the posts in that thread will tell you what's being built and when. Plus you can find out where yours stands too.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:51 PM
VettesintheRockies
Pro

Originally Posted by CaryBob
See post #15. Following the posts in that thread will tell you what's being built and when. Plus you can find out where yours stands too.
Thanks for the post.....it is on the C7 forum....seems they will give you status on the Z06's also!!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Santa Clause is coming to town.

Quick Reply: Queued For Production - Timeline