C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Customer's Z06 on the line

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 05:03 AM
Back in BL4CK
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Customer's Z06 on the line

Some friends of mine just got back from the US and Bowling Green last week and said during their factory tour they saw a Z06 on the line and when they asked ,were told that it was not just a test car but in fact a customers order.
So they can't be far from being shipped to dealers in would seem.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:11 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Back in BL4CK
Some friends of mine just got back from the US and Bowling Green last week and said during their factory tour they saw a Z06 on the line and when they asked ,were told that it was not just a test car but in fact a customers order.
Did anyone peak at the window sticker to verify this? Captured fleet cars I suspect show non typical shipping information at the bottom of the sticker. I had an 08 Hummer that was a captured vehicle and I remember it having a Renaissance Center Detroit MI "ship to" at the bottom. The tour guides are usually college kids from WKU that rarely make it through a tour without providing less than accurate information.

Did they say that they only saw one? The trim line holds at least 100 cars, probably more.

Either way we are getting close

Last edited by OH THREE Z; 11-01-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Back in BL4CK
Im leaving Wednesday of this week and will be doing a 8:30am public tour on Thursday morning. Im hoping to see some ZO6's on the line. Customer orders! As Im hoping mine will go through in the next couple of weeks. Still stuck at 3300 as of last week. Maybe it will change to 3400 this week.

I will post an update if I find anything new.....

I agree with the inaccurate information a guide may provide. I experienced that earlier this year when I went through a tour. Maybe someone over in the museum delivery can share some info, I will be going over there after the factory tour.

Last edited by Bmbarney; 11-02-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:51 PM
occar
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Based on what people have reported on the buyer's tours as well as when we all went 3400, building will start this week. The earliest reported buyer's tour on this board is for this Friday.

I expect my order to go to status 3800 this week (next at the latest, but probably this week)
Old 11-02-2014, 03:02 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by occar
Based on what people have reported on the buyer's tours as well as when we all went 3400, building will start this week. The earliest reported buyer's tour on this board is for this Friday.

I expect my order to go to status 3800 this week (next at the latest, but probably this week)
Assuming cars will be built this week, how long do you think it will be before customers can pick up their cars?
Old 11-02-2014, 03:10 PM
ScottsZ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to guess press cars.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:21 PM
occar
Pro

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Assuming cars will be built this week, how long do you think it will be before customers can pick up their cars?
Only GM knows that. I'm just a customer who has watched the patterns on the stingray and other cars is all.

I hope it isn't as long as the first stingray hold was.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

... since it takes 2 1/2 days to build the car ... I should see some on the line this Thursday when I'm there....
Old 11-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Bill Allen jr.
Cruising

BM Barney, be our special "man on the scene" this week at BGA. Find the knowledgeable people and ask them specifically when the customer ordered ZO6s will begin coming down the line and what is the "informed best guess" as to when they might show up at dealers. You are the person we need right now!! Anyway, enjoy your trip. I went 3400 a couple days ago with many of you.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bill Allen jr.
BM Barney, be our special "man on the scene" this week at BGA. Find the knowledgeable people and ask them specifically when the customer ordered ZO6s will begin coming down the line and what is the "informed best guess" as to when they might show up at dealers. You are the person we need right now!! Anyway, enjoy your trip. I went 3400 a couple days ago with many of you.
That is my goal! I'm hoping to find someone that will share some real facts. Since production starts this week, I would think it will be a bit easier to obtain some ZO6 facts to what is going on.

How many ZO6's a week during the next month ....
and ... where is my car?
Is there going to be a QC hold? How long?
and ... where is my car?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:21 PM
G352C6
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

This is exciting. Can't wait to see owner's pic and media reviews before I get my A8.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:37 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
At least 5-6 weeks after the first ones come off the line.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:58 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
At least 5-6 weeks after the first ones come off the line.

I think most first consensus cars will ship before the christmas break at BG. I do not think that any cars are shipped from the back lot during the shut down... I have a gut feeling my car will be built before thanksgiving and shipping before the shutdown will be a coin flip for me.

Just a guess
Old 11-03-2014, 08:56 PM
SilverGhost7
Intermediate

Default Z06s on the line

I was there today. A few DSOM Z06s were produced last week on the line. They were not customer cars. I was told that Z06s will be produced on Nov 10/11/12. Discussions today at the Museum lead me to believe that the cars will be held for 2-3 weeks with deliveries possibly in late November / early December. Also that M7 convertibles will be created before A8 coupes/convertibles.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:05 PM
occar
Pro

Originally Posted by copharr3
I was there today. A few DSOM Z06s were produced last week on the line. They were not customer cars. I was told that Z06s will be produced on Nov 10/11/12. Discussions today at the Museum lead me to believe that the cars will be held for 2-3 weeks with deliveries possibly in late November / early December. Also that M7 convertibles will be created before A8 coupes/convertibles.
This does not jive with the individual on here's buyer's tour that starts on the 7th.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:18 PM
SilverGhost7
Intermediate

Default Clarification

I was not stating that Z06 production begins on the 10th and not the 7th. I was just stating that many are scheduled to be produced over those three days. If you plan on being in the area and want to stop by the plant in hopes of seeing a Z06, you should plan on being there one of those three days.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:19 PM
occar
Pro

Oh, ok. I misunderstood.

Get notified of new replies

To Customer's Z06 on the line

Old 11-03-2014, 10:44 PM
davidstake
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This does not jive with the individual on here's buyer's tour that starts on the 7th.
I am the individual with the buyer's tour this Friday, the 7th. I received another email today pushing my start time back to 1:30. I was told the plant is working this Friday to compensate for having veteran's day (11-10) off. I'm now concerned that my car won't be complete by the end of the shift on Monday, the 10th, because my flight back home is first thing Wednesday. If it takes 2.5 days to complete, this would indicate it wouldn't finish until Wednesday. Hope and pray I will be able to see it come off the line & start it for the first time.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:21 PM
dcher
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

Are you sure about your last statement. What's your source? I heard A8s will come in coup before the betts are built.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:35 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

...Also that M7 convertibles will be created before A8 coupes/convertibles.
Maybe. Maybe not. I don't have clue. BUT, that makes sense to me. They are building Stingray verts. They are building M7 Z06 coupes. So a M7 Z06 vert before the A8 Z06 is very plausible. For the A8 Z06 vert or coupe however, the suppliers need to gear up for the Z06 A8 cooling...plus what other Z06 A8 issues exist, if any.

On a related note, all eyes are on how well the A8 performs. Maybe especially so in the Z06. Making sure the Z06 A8 is spot on, even if it takes a bit longer to validate, would be a smart move on GM's part.

I'd bet we will know the answer pretty soon!

Last edited by LT1xL82; 11-04-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Customer's Z06 on the line