C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

ZO6 Museum Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 10:56 AM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZO6 Museum Delivery

Not sure how many others in the first couple of consensuses (is that a word?) are taking Museum Delivery, but I thought it would be good to start a thread for sorting things out.

I have VIN #600011 and have already provided the Museum staff with the details about my plaque. I Will contact the staff later this afternoon and see if they have gotten any news since I spoke with them last Friday. At that time they were fairly certain that the first few would roll of the line on Monday (my birthday & my ZO6's birthday now also) and that the earliest possible pickup week would be the week of the 24th of November. They also cautioned me that it could be several weeks longer due to quality control issues. My best guess is that they will know within a week when they can begin scheduling the Museum Delivery option. I would also guess that the week of December 1st or 7th will be the initial deliveries of ZO6's at the Museum. One of the museum staff members told me that they try to schedule the deliveries prioritized by VIN numbers, but not everyone can work their personal schedules out with the Museum so even if you have a later VIN number they will schedule you in as spaces come available.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Michael A Riley
Burning Brakes

Received 810 Likes on 221 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Awesome please do keep us posted!
Old 11-11-2014, 11:15 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by TeamOGI
Not sure how many others in the first couple of consensuses (is that a word?) are taking Museum Delivery, but I thought it would be good to start a thread for sorting things out.

I have VIN #600011 and have already provided the Museum staff with the details about my plaque. I Will contact the staff later this afternoon and see if they have gotten any news since I spoke with them last Friday. At that time they were fairly certain that the first few would roll of the line on Monday (my birthday & my ZO6's birthday now also) and that the earliest possible pickup week would be the week of the 24th of November. They also cautioned me that it could be several weeks longer due to quality control issues. My best guess is that they will know within a week when they can begin scheduling the Museum Delivery option. I would also guess that the week of December 1st or 7th will be the initial deliveries of ZO6's at the Museum. One of the museum staff members told me that they try to schedule the deliveries prioritized by VIN numbers, but not everyone can work their personal schedules out with the Museum so even if you have a later VIN number they will schedule you in as spaces come available.
Congrats and happy Birthday

Pretty similar info I got as well. Basically, under normal circumstances, it takes about two weeks for Museum delivery once the car is built. However, due to the initial possible QC hold, as of last week, they did not have the "Green Light" to schedule any deliveries.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:27 AM
TXBubba
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have VIN 255. It is supposed to be finished Friday (Nov 14). I am doing the Buyers Tour and the Museum Delivery. I will try to find out more info about the QC hold while I am there for the Buyers Tour.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:28 PM
direland67
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be doing museum pickup, but just went to 3400 November 7. I'm just hoping for pickup before Christmas shutdown of the factory. Sighs, too much to hope for that it will be built over the weekend for my birthday
Old 11-11-2014, 09:50 PM
TeamOGI
Instructor

I received an E-mail from Lori who is head of the Museum Delivery Program. She confirmed that my ZO6 / M7 / Coupe / Shark Gray with Kalahari interior came off the line yesterday. She was not sure why my dealer was having trouble getting the invoice (I told her in my E-mail that my dealer could not access the Invoice - though he could confirm that the status was 4000) stating that Invoices are normally generated on the day the car comes off the line. She also said that she has no clue as to when GM will release the ZO6's for delivery (either Museum or Dealer).

I wish I had better news, but I think this may drag out for a couple of weeks.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:06 AM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Default Museum delivery scheduled for 12/8/14 @ 10:30 am!

I just got off the phone with Shane from the Museum Delivery Team - My delivery is scheduled for 12/8!! Obviously they have gotten the green light and have started scheduling ZO6 deliveries at the Museum! Can't wait, I will post more information once I receive and process his confirmation e-mail.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:10 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

I just got off the phone with Shane from the Museum Delivery Team - My delivery is scheduled for 12/8!! Obviously they have gotten the green light and have started scheduling ZO6 deliveries at the Museum! Can't wait, I will post more information once I receive and process his confirmation e-mail.
Good news. Mine gets built on Dec 3rd-4th. Think I will have it before Christmas? No museum delivery.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:15 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Great, Congrats. Is yours the silver one pictured in another thread?
I'm hoping I can get my R8C in the second week. #172
Congrats again.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:15 AM
dtgaskal
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I will see you there. Vin #60014 from Westerville, Ohio. Are you driving yours back?
Old 11-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Electron Mike
Racer

Received 240 Likes on 92 Posts

Oh yeah, congrats!!! That means they are shipping!
Old 11-29-2014, 10:19 AM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Ron,

Per our conversation, your delivery has been scheduled at 10:00 A.M. (CST) for Monday, December 8, 2014.

If you have any questions between now and then, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-205-4248.

Congratulations once again on your purchase of a new Corvette!

Regards,

Shane Webb
National Corvette Museum
Delivery Department Manager
Old 11-29-2014, 10:26 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Congradulations!

Wish I was doing Museum Delivery instead as this time frame works perfectly for me.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes the cars to get from Bowling Green to dealers in the tristate area?

Best,
Gene
Old 11-29-2014, 10:27 AM
TeamOGI
Instructor

Default Yes, it seems that the QC hold is over!!

As I understand things, the next step for me will be when my dealer can get the invoice and we can finalize the deal. That should be no later than Monday 12/1/14. By that time I think all the issues with QC and the EPA mileage issues will have been finalized and we should see trucks starting to leave the factory with ZO6's. I read somewhere that the lot was about full, so I am guessing that the time to start shipping is now. I don't know anything about the shipping process - someone who does should chime in - I suppose that they have a fleet of trucks which are set up to transport the ZO6's and that the new builds will get in line for shipping behind those already built.

This is AWESOME!
Old 11-29-2014, 10:30 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by phantasms
Congradulations!

Wish I was doing Museum Delivery instead as this time frame works perfectly for me.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes the cars to get from Bowling Green to dealers in the tristate area?

Best,
Gene
3-6 months........sorry, Gene.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Michael A Riley
Burning Brakes

Received 810 Likes on 221 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Ok here's a silly question. I read somewhere that the trucks won't pick up a batch of cars until there's a full load (maybe 11 cars?) going to an area...does the same apply to museum deliveries since it is just across the street? Or do they use a smaller or other kind of transport for the ones going to the museum
Old 11-29-2014, 10:38 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Michael A Riley
Ok here's a silly question. I read somewhere that the trucks won't pick up a batch of cars until there's a full load (maybe 11 cars?) going to an area...does the same apply to museum deliveries since it is just across the street? Or do they use a smaller or other kind of transport for the ones going to the museum
Good question, but I thought the R8C cars were treated the same for shipping. I even told a friend at the factory that I wouldn't mind if he drove it over for me.

Get notified of new replies

To ZO6 Museum Delivery

Old 11-29-2014, 10:41 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

I also spoke with Shane this morning. We are scheduled for Museum Delivery on 12/8 and 10:00 AM. See ya'll there.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Congratulations on the upcoming museum deliveries! Pictures please!
Old 11-29-2014, 10:58 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by arcticblast
3-6 months........sorry, Gene.
Oh good.

Quick Reply: ZO6 Museum Delivery