C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z07 Package is a Bargain!

Old 11-22-2014, 09:47 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,426 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
You should tell that with the 4500 ZR1 owners around the world. Because they have driven their carbon-brake equipped sports cars for many miles on the street, in all weather conditions and did not have trouble with the issues you just claimed just did.
Amen.

The CCBs on my ZR are fantastic, and have none of the issues he mentioned, which goes to the work the engineers put forth in the pad formulation.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:02 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Jeff
For less than the price of carbon ceramic brakes on any European car, you get:

– Michelin® Pilot® Sport Cup 2 ZP fitted tires1
– Carbon ceramic brakes
– Carbon-fiber ground effects
– Splitter package

The carbon-fiber ground effects alone cost $3995 so all the rest costs $4000. Truly a bargain as is the Z06.

What I'd like to know is if the ride on the Z07 is harsher than the ride is on the Z06 and if the ride on the Z06 is harsher than the ride on a Z51. Anyone know?
Just to clarify!! the Z07 package is $7995.00 plus either the CFZ $2995.00 or the CFV $3995.00!!! You must order the CFZ or CFV with the Z07 package.
The total cost is either $11000.00 or $12000.00 still a good deal!!! JD
Old 11-23-2014, 08:13 AM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JDIllon
Just to clarify!! the Z07 package is $7995.00 plus either the CFZ $2995.00 or the CFV $3995.00!!! You must order the CFZ or CFV with the Z07 package.
The total cost is either $11000.00 or $12000.00 still a good deal!!! JD
Jim, I did miss that extra ground effects option when I made the post but I agree, even with it it's still a great deal compared to the Euro cars.

Question: Mike Furman steered me away from ordering Ground Effects Package 2 and made it sound like it could only be ordered with the Z07 package. I don't think that's correct so maybe I misunderstood him. Can't a non-Z07 car be ordered with either CFV or CFZ? And, will adding either cause my order to be delayed?
Old 11-23-2014, 08:26 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

The CFZ or CFV can be ordered without the Z07 package! But whether he can put them on your order, depends on if they are on constraint when he places the order. That may be what he was referring to. JD
Old 11-23-2014, 09:51 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Jeff
Jim, I did miss that extra ground effects option when I made the post but I agree, even with it it's still a great deal compared to the Euro cars.

Question: Mike Furman steered me away from ordering Ground Effects Package 2 and made it sound like it could only be ordered with the Z07 package. I don't think that's correct so maybe I misunderstood him. Can't a non-Z07 car be ordered with either CFV or CFZ? And, will adding either cause my order to be delayed?

CFV is only available when ordered with the Z07 Track Package option.
CFZ is available but on 20% constraint.

"Our research shows that while it is true that the Carbon Fiber Visible Package (CFV) is available on the Z06 both with and without the Z07 Package, we are restricting the CFV availability right now due to limited availability."
The Chevrolet Marketing Team
Old 11-23-2014, 10:30 AM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

I guess we'll see come Dec. 4 - 12 when the order will be placed during the second consensus. I'm only looking for CFZ which is on 20% constraint but maybe that'll be different in a few weeks when my order gets in the system.

Does anyone know if there's a constraint on EFX/EFY? My color is Shark Gray so both options apply to me.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:56 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Even at half the price, IF the Z07 makes the car less of a good fit for a particular buyer, it is NOT a good deal. Sadly, my gut says some Z07 buyers will live to regret the purchase.

If someone is tracking the car, or feels compelled to have the last little bit of handling/braking on a street car, and is willing to pay the price, than THAT it is a good deal.

The cost for Z07 is more than dollars. There is also the reduced handling/braking in the wet, the harsher ride, the reduced ground clearance, some shops unwilling to remove the tire/wheel assemblies on a car with carbon ceramic rotors, reduced thread wear... For SOME people, these issues add up to make the Z07 a lousy choice.

Both sides of the equation are there for all of us to see. Pick whatever floats your boat and enjoy your new C7Z!
Old 11-23-2014, 12:24 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1xL82
Even at half the price, IF the Z07 makes the car less of a good fit for a particular buyer, it is NOT a good deal. Sadly, my gut says some Z07 buyers will live to regret the purchase.

If someone is tracking the car, or feels compelled to have the last little bit of handling/braking on a street car, and is willing to pay the price, than THAT it is a good deal.

The cost for Z07 is more than dollars. There is also the reduced handling/braking in the wet, the harsher ride, the reduced ground clearance, some shops unwilling to remove the tire/wheel assemblies on a car with carbon ceramic rotors, reduced thread wear... For SOME people, these issues add up to make the Z07 a lousy choice.

Both sides of the equation are there for all of us to see. Pick whatever floats your boat and enjoy your new C7Z!
Well said!
Old 11-23-2014, 12:24 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

And you know this because of the hours that you spent driving the Z07? Exactly. Next.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:56 PM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JackTripper
And you know this because of the hours that you spent driving the Z07? Exactly. Next.
I think his opinion is exactly correct.

That would mean your opinion means about the same as his dismissed opinion. Next
Old 11-23-2014, 01:11 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,983 Likes on 935 Posts

The entire Corvette lineup is a BARGAIN!!
Old 11-23-2014, 01:18 PM
dio55
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 62 Posts

The Z07s will be like 67 ss Camaros or SRT Vipers they will always be 5 to 10 times the price of Z06s in years to come ..Have not heard any complaints from SRT or SS owners, have you? ...and I'm sure there were guys like you making the same silly arguments when they came out ...so to recap
Z06 value = X
Z07 value = 5X
In years to come, so Z07s are definitely worth the SLIGHT discomfort, and next , your point about low traction on the road in bad weather makes NO sense because ALL Zs with the same tires will have the same bad weather traction unless you thought we would be ripping corners at 100mph in a rain or snowstorm .
Look, Nobody actually NEEDS a supercar we buy it for kicks and If I'm buying I want the best one I can get it's why people pay OVER a million bucks for a P1 or LaFerrari that are even WORSE than the Z07 in the ways you mentioned

Last edited by dio55; 11-23-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:20 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by dio55
The Z07s will be like 67 ss Camaros or SRT Vipers they will always be 10 times the price of Z06s in years to come ..Have not heard ant complaints from SRT or SS owners ...and I'm sure there were guys like you making the same sill arguments when they came out ...so to recap
Z06 value = X
Z07 value = 5X
In years to come
Old 11-23-2014, 01:42 PM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dio55
The Z07s will be like 67 ss Camaros or SRT Vipers they will always be 5 to 10 times the price of Z06s in years to come ..Have not heard any complaints from SRT or SS owners, have you? ...and I'm sure there were guys like you making the same silly arguments when they came out ...so to recap
Z06 value = X
Z07 value = 5X
In years to come, so Z07s are definitely worth the SLIGHT discomfort, and next , your point about low traction on the road in bad weather makes NO sense because ALL Zs with the same tires will have the same bad weather traction unless you thought we would be ripping corners at 100mph in a rain or snowstorm .
Look, Nobody actually NEEDS a supercar we buy it for kicks and If I'm buying I want the best one I can get it's why people pay OVER a million bucks for a P1 or LaFerrari that are even WORSE than the Z07 in the ways you mentioned
Considering the average age of Corvette owners, a good many of us will be dead by the time these cars appreciate to 5X. I live in the here-&-now and the Z07 package is useless to me since I won't track my car. But if it floats your boat, enjoy your car however you spec it!
Old 11-23-2014, 01:43 PM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
The entire Corvette lineup is a BARGAIN!!
The bargain of the century!
Old 11-23-2014, 03:38 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by NC_427_Vert
somebody who gets a corvette and doesn't track the car simply bought it for a penile extension. Just my .02
Fixed.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:02 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by dooboy
Keep in mind carbon brakes need heat to operate properly, they are very noisy on the street and pedal modulation is poor until they reach proper temperature.

You obviously do NOT own or have driven a Zo7 with CC brakes.

1. They do not need heat to brake properly due to the extensive research done in engineering the brake pads. That was the biggest hurdle to bring them to the street. It was true of race cars with CC brakes, but not on the Zo7 or ZR1. They do brake great when hot, but the pad compound works very well cold.

2. They are not noisy at all. Steel rotors and track pads are, but not CC brakes on the Zo7.

3. Pedal modulation is not an issue at all. Some professional racers prefer steel rotors over CC for that reason but have never heard anyone else calling this an issue on the ZR1 or ZO7.

Owning a Z07 after several other Z's it is the best package ever offered by GM. It also rides better than my other C6Z. GM is warning the new Zo7 will be a tough ride?? We will see. If you track the Zo7 package cannot be beat. I hated swapping rotors and pads for the track. Now it's just change the rims and fluids for the track, a 2 hours affair. After the hype is over I too will get another ZO7!!

Last edited by seamus2154; 11-24-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Z07 Package is a Bargain!

Old 11-23-2014, 05:33 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
I think his opinion is exactly correct.

That would mean your opinion means about the same as his dismissed opinion. Next
Nope. I did not comment on personal experience as no one outside GM has driven this car. Done. Next. Wish there was a middle finger icon.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:16 PM
HIRISC
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
I agree. It's kinda like the hillbilly knuckledraggers that have purchased an orange ZR1. I've always wondered whether they are capable of logical reasoning and self analysis. Of course, just my opinion.
Fixed it for you
Old 11-24-2014, 01:20 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by HIRISC
Fixed it for you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z07 Package is a Bargain!