C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Who's going to pay the gas guzzler tax

Old 11-25-2014, 07:26 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Who's going to pay the gas guzzler tax

So this question is relevant to the people who already have finalized orders and purchase orders showing exact amounts based on those amounts at the time of ordering and agreed to when signed. if there's a new tax implemented don't you think the dealer should be responsible for that since they agreed to a set price already and put it in writing. I would understand if they told me this prior but there was nothing said about it. I'm in sales also I want to place an order for product if the MSRP changes before I get it to delivered to the client I could never go to the client and ask him to pay more we agreed on a price already. Now I fully understand the dealers sold his car before it came outand that's all fine and dandy but really who's fault is that? I asked how much it was they told me I agreed to it now if they're pricing was incorrect isn't that their fault? Let's me fair, I'm paying full MSRP. They're doing just fine

Last edited by jdmdohcpower; 11-25-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:29 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Good luck!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:30 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

I bet the dealers contracts cover that possibility. It is called fine print. They should definitely split the difference but I bet they will not.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:36 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Wouldn't doubt. Just talking about principle
Old 11-25-2014, 07:57 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 76 Posts

????IT'S A TAX!! MSRP does not cover taxes. They didn't know any more than you did that it was going to have GGT. Give it a go! and good luck with that plan. I love a buck as much or more that the next guy! but even I am not unrealistic enough to think the the dealer will eat all or part of it. If you get your dealer to buy into that plan, let me know I want you to call mine and sell him on the idea. JD
Old 11-25-2014, 08:02 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by JDIllon
????IT'S A TAX!! MSRP does not cover taxes. They didn't know any more than you did that it was going to have GGT. Give it a go! and good luck with that plan. I love a buck as much or more that the next guy! but even I am not unrealistic enough to think the the dealer will eat all or part of it. If you get your dealer to buy into that plan, let me know I want you to call mine and sell him on the idea. JD
Old 11-25-2014, 08:14 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

The GGT is included in the MSRP.
My po specifies that fact and that I have agreed to MSRP.
So I will be paying the GGT.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:32 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
The GGT is included in the MSRP.
My po specifies that fact and that I have agreed to MSRP.
So I will be paying the GGT.
This has been discussed before. Some ZR1's had the GGT and it was not part of the MSRP. Several threads on the subject here that included images of the window stickers as proof. Search is your friend.

BobD
Old 11-25-2014, 08:32 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

lmao yeah let us know how refusing the pay the GG tax will work out for you.

As others have said, generally it is part of the MSRP. You'll pay it.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:35 PM
UTZ06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not at all happy about my out the door price changing! I had no idea there would be a gas guzzler tax, but shouldn't dealers have know this was a possibility and they should have mentioned this possibility? I'm not sure, but don't think this is anything new? When I was given MSRP I asked for a total, including tax, title, fees, and was given what I was told was a firm price. I hope there are no more bad surprises!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:50 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JDIllon
That's not true. My PO shows the price of the car (MSRP) and then all taxes including an additional 1% tax because I own property in the state the dealer is located and then it shows a total and final cost which was signed be he and I. It also list that if I back out I lose my 10k. That sounds like a contact if I've ever seen one. Now I'm realistic to the fact that there must be some fine print BS protecting them and I'll check that tomorrow. If not, I'm not paying it. If so, I'll put up a good fight and expect to lose that battle but at the end of the day the GG tax is not included anywhere. This was not an estimate, it's a final purchase order that I've paid against already.
Now I'm not trying to start a pissing match or be an a$$hole about it but GM knows the deal long before the epa, it's not the first time for them. It should have been included as a possibility otherwise all I'm saying here it's really just not fair for them to change the price after you already committed and have no other choice.

Last edited by jdmdohcpower; 11-25-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:52 PM
racerns
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by UTZ06
I am not at all happy about my out the door price changing! I had no idea there would be a gas guzzler tax, but shouldn't dealers have know this was a possibility and they should have mentioned this possibility? I'm not sure, but don't think this is anything new? When I was given MSRP I asked for a total, including tax, title, fees, and was given what I was told was a firm price. I hope there are no more bad surprises!
Then don't buy the car. I'm sure they will find someone who will.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by UTZ06
100% agree
Old 11-25-2014, 08:55 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jdmdohcpower
That's not true. My PO shows the price of the car (MSRP) and then all taxes including an additional 1% tax because I own property in the state the dealer is located and then it shows a total and final cost which was signed be he and I. It also list that if I back out I lose my 10k. That sounds like a contact if I've ever seen one. Now I'm realistic to the fact that there must be some fine print BS protecting them and I'll check that tomorrow. If not, I'm not paying it. If so, I'll put up a good fight and expect to lose that battle but at the end of the day the GG tax is not included anywhere. This was not an estimate, it's a final purchase order that I've paid against already
I imagine the dealer will just refund your deposit and tell you to get lost.

GG is part of the game, deal with it.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:02 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Again not going to back out over 1300 bucks otherwise I couldn't afford the car to begin with. And yes in sure that's the option that they will provide. But you say it's all part of the game.. I didn't know about that rule. Why would I if the dealer didn't warn me about it. Normally when you have a final PO, that's pretty much it.
You sound pretty eger to thow away that GG tax money. Sure wish I had your money. Wait, I will never be ok with wasting money. Don't mind spending it thou

Last edited by jdmdohcpower; 11-25-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:09 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Again not going to back out over 1300 bucks otherwise I couldn't afford the car to begin with. And yes in sure that's the option that they will provide. But you say it's all part of the game.. I didn't know about that rule. Why would I if the dealer didn't warn me about it. Normally when you have a final PO, that's pretty much it.
You sound pretty eger to thow away that GG tax money. Sure wish I had your money. Wait, I will never be ok with wasting money. Don't mind spending it thou
Yeah you got me, I love paying more in taxes.

Dealers didn't know there was a gas guzzler - seeing as it was speculation all up until what last week?

It isn't some big conspiracy. They don't see a dime of it so why would they care?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:09 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by FiremanC6
This has been
discussed before. Some ZR1's had the GGT and it was not part of the MSRP. Several threads on the subject here that included images of the window stickers as proof. Search is your friend.

BobD
It was not included in the base price, but it was included on the sticker and the total MSRP.

Last edited by fdxpilot; 11-25-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Who's going to pay the gas guzzler tax

Old 11-25-2014, 09:12 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by harlold
Yeah you got me, I love paying more in taxes.

Dealers didn't know there was a gas guzzler - seeing as it was speculation all up until what last week?

It isn't some big conspiracy. They don't see a dime of it so why would they care?
Understood and I'm sure they don't. Simply saying why issue a final PO when they don't have final pricing? It would make sense that if GM allowed orders with out proper pricing, maybe they should absorb it since it's by not fault of the consumer rather GM trying to sell the car too soon
Old 11-25-2014, 09:13 PM
jdmdohcpower
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
It was not included in the base price, but it was included on the sticker and the total MSRP.
Not on my PO it wasn't. If it was part of MSRP they should have included it months ago when they took the order and gave me the MSRP of the car. You're showing a window sticker, this isn't available for the z06 or they would have out the tax on the PO lol. That's the whole point here. It wasn't included. If it was or I was told about it I wouldn't care. It's the fact that they are not honoring the deal they agreed to. I understand they didn't know about it but GM knows they car has to get tested and will get hit with it. Without that final info, the MSRP or tax they listed on the contract is invalid
I've said how I felt about this, if you don't agree I respect that. Guess I'm just a deal's a deal kinda guy and at the end of the day it's not gonna stop me. It just rubs me the wrong way because they know know we're all going to pay it anyway

Last edited by jdmdohcpower; 11-25-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:23 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Not on my PO it wasn't. If it was part of MSRP they should have included it months ago when they took the order and gave me the MSRP of the car. That's the whole point here. It wasn't included. If it was or I was told about it I wouldn't care. It's the fact that they are not honoring the deal they agreed to. I understand they didn't know about it but GM knows they car has to get tested and will get hit with it. Without that final info, the MSRP or tax they listed on the contract is invalid
I've said how I felt about this, if you don't agree I respect that. Guess I'm just a deal's a deal kinda guy and at the end of the day it's not gonna stop me. It just runs me the wrong way because they know know we're all going to pay it anyway
And your PO has what to do with a ZR1 window sticker, which I was replying to. FWIW- if you pull your act, the dealer will tell you to,take a hike.

Took me a couple minutes to find supporting image.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who's going to pay the gas guzzler tax