C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Z06 aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 02:36 AM
dsharkman
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C7 Z06 aftermarket exhaust

I need help with regards to an aftermarket exhaust for the C7 Z06. I currently have the Billy Boat exhaust on my C6 Z06 (with NPP) and it's AWESOME! I absolutely love the gurgling sound when slowing down! However, there is quite a drone when cruising.

I need an exhaust that doesn't have that drone. I have see the Borla Atak and Corsa Extreme and Akrapovic, but haven't heard them in person.

What are your opinions for a kick-*** exhaust sound that doesn't have the drone, but still gurgles and sounds incredible when accelerating? I am not interested in the headers or anything like that. just the exhaust....and maybe an x-pipe, maybe.

Remember, it MUST work with the NPP system. When my wife drives, she "turns off" the exhaust sound.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:57 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

What's drone to some of us is music to others. Very subjective. That being said I can only tell you about my experience with the Akra system on my ZR1. I got them very early when they first came out. Overall the best sounding exhaust to me but there was drone in the closed position making conversation a tad difficult. I think your wife may be on the same level as mine. I took them off and went back to stock. The guy that bought the Akras from me said it was music to him.

Last edited by ufaj26; 11-26-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:32 AM
ZR JUAN
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Had LMR install an Akrapovic on the ZR1 when they did the Reaper package...sounds amazing.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:41 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I put a Billy Boat Fusion exhaust on my C7 at the same time I put in a ECS supercharger, ARH long tube headers, and cross pipe.

You know it's there under normal driving. It's not intrusive in the least. Step on it and it sounds like a F1 at full toot. The Fusion can be configured thru the settings just as the factory optional exhaust.
Attached Images     
Old 11-26-2014, 07:11 AM
VinnieA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to do long tubes and x-pipe. Leave stock tailpipes and see how it sounds.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 aftermarket exhaust

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 aftermarket exhaust