C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Carbon Flash/option Fr.Rr.and mirrors?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:24 PM
roper2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Flash/option Fr.Rr.and mirrors?????

just ordered night race metallic A8- ZO6 from Hendricks one option was the carbon flash spoiler & mirrors will they look like carbon fiber or some funky and on. if I dont get it will the air spliter and spoiler be black or what.I am really confused on this anyone up to date on this could use a little help thank you very much. pics may be?
Old 11-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by roper2
just ordered night race metallic A8- ZO6 from Hendricks one option was the carbon flash spoiler & mirrors will they look like carbon fiber or some funky and on. if I dont get it will the air spliter and spoiler be black or what.I am really confused on this anyone up to date on this could use a little help thank you very much. pics may be?
TTV on the Z06 is the mirrors in carbon flash only. The rear spoiler(s) is already carbon flash regardless of aero level.
The stage 1 aero splitter is a black finish. If you get CFV it is visible carbon fiber. If you get CFZ it is carbon flash.
S.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:48 PM
rob3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carbon Flash and carbon fiber are two different things. Carbon Fiber is a material. Carbon Flash is apaint color. It is black with a metallic flake. The hood and side vents and done if the other components are painted carbon flash. Some of the carbon fiber parts offer a choice of being painted carbon flash or the a clear coat over the carbon fiber so you can see the weave. This is called visible carbon fiber on the options list. The most notable example of this on the Z06 is the stage 2 or 3 aero package. The splitter and side skirts are made of carbon fiber. If you get the cfz option they are painted carbon flash. If you get the cfv option they are the weave that you think of as carbon fiber.

The carbon flash mirrors on the nrb car would not add much contrast because the car is so dark already. I wouldn't get them. But that is just my opinion.

I hope this helps . Happy thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:50 PM
roper2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
TTV on the Z06 is the mirrors in carbon flash only. The rear spoiler(s) is already carbon flash regardless of aero level.
The stage 1 aero splitter is a black finish. If you get CFV it is visible carbon fiber. If you get CFZ it is carbon flash.
S.
I see thank u much and happy thanks giving.

Get notified of new replies

To Carbon Flash/option Fr.Rr.and mirrors?????

Quick Reply: Carbon Flash/option Fr.Rr.and mirrors?????