C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tommy Milner runs a 1:29.81 at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Tommy Milner runs a 1:29.81 at Road Atlanta

The track record is 1:24.70 by Forged Performance's GT-R WITH SLICKS.

Not too bad. Sorry if this is a repost. Couldn't find it anywhere:

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 12-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

how does that compare to the c6 zr1 and c6z06? Just curious
Old 12-01-2014, 06:48 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

That time was set on shariff's built car. Not a stock car. I was there. I did however run my stock gtr at the same time with only a 1:36 best
Old 12-01-2014, 07:09 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

awesome thanks for posting didnt see this one yet
Old 12-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Rumba
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Halltech
The track record is 1:24.70 by Forged Performance's GT-R WITH SLICKS.

Not too bad. Sorry if this is a repost. Couldn't find it anywhere:

Road Atlanta: Corvette Racing’s Tommy Milner Takes the Z06 for a Hot Lap | Chevrolet - YouTube
Where is that Derstig dude now, oh he's having a Crow diner!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:27 PM
DerStig
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumba
Where is that Derstig dude now, oh he's having a Crow diner!
Hey I'm here! What is this got to do with me? I have been following this car and the forum hundreds of times a day for weeks now. I am quite excited about the members who are about to take delivery.

I just have an issue with the A8 thats all. I m getting mine M7.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:37 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Thanks for the GTR info.!

I thought it was the Nismo so that doesn't even count.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Rumba
Pro

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by DerStig
Hey I'm here! What is this got to do with me? I have been following this car and the forum hundreds of times a day for weeks now. I am quite excited about the members who are about to take delivery.

I just have an issue with the A8 thats all. I m getting mine M7.
If your getting an M7, good for you but what's the issue with the A8? Do you still think it's slow with the paddles after watching Milner? I don't think so
Old 12-01-2014, 07:53 PM
DerStig
Pro

Originally Posted by Rumba

If your getting an M7, good for you but what's the issue with the A8? Do you still think it's slow with the paddles after watching Milner? I don't think so
I m sorry sir, but how can one conclude the shift speed of the transmission by watching a video? I think a lot of people on this forum (most are very hard core Corvette owners for many decades who are possibly MT people) do not quite understand what people like myself are concerned about.

Our concern is not that the transmission is slow. Our concern is from the time a person pulls either of the levers until an actual transmission shift occurs, a long time passes. We are not debating how quick the actual mechanical shift itself is. In other words, once the transmission decides to shift, its damn quick. The problem is the time it takes until it gets to that point.

Watching the video, you certainly cannot conclude that pedal shifts are actually providing PDK/DCT like reaction.

The only way to know is to drive the car or put a camera aimed at your levers and tach and watch a close up or use a computer to measure the reaction time.

What I and others want is F1 like instantenous single, dual, and triple shifts using pedal shifters in manual mode. Thats how DCT works and how PDK works. There is no delay, regardless of gear, throttle input, etc.

I have no problems whatsoever with this car. I love it. Its my dream car. In manual transmission
Old 12-01-2014, 07:57 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Think so?

I m sorry sir, but how can one conclude the shift speed of the transmission by watching a video? I think a lot of people on this forum (most are very hard core Corvette owners for many decades who are possibly MT people) do not quite understand what people like myself are concerned about.

Our concern is not that the transmission is slow. Our concern is from the time a person pulls either of the levers until an actual transmission shift occurs, a long time passes. We are not debating how quick the actual mechanical shift itself is. In other words, once the transmission decides to shift, its damn quick. The problem is the time it takes until it gets to that point.

Watching the video, you certainly cannot conclude that pedal shifts are actually providing PDK/DCT like reaction.

The only way to know is to drive the car or put a camera aimed at your levers and tach and watch a close up or use a computer to measure the reaction time.

What I and others want is F1 like instantenous single, dual, and triple shifts using pedal shifters in manual mode. Thats how DCT works and how PDK works. There is no delay, regardless of gear, throttle input, etc.

I have no problems whatsoever with this car. I love it. Its my dream car. In manual transmission
Not on a drag strip!

Old 12-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Rumba
Pro

St. Jude Donor '15

I get all that. God knows I read a lot of your posts. I just wonder how you came to the conclusion it was slow from the paddle pull to the shift without driving one. This video might not be conclusive but Tommy said the shifts were fast as hell but what does he know?
Old 12-01-2014, 08:01 PM
DerStig
Pro

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
Not on a drag strip!

Entire concept of a drag strip is retarded. Whats the point of putting two cars side by side and launching them off to empty space? Its exactly like saying my ***** is bigger than yours. Who cares!

But then I also dont like american football and prefer the real football - the one you play with your foot Hence my name

I could careless how some other corvette can go half a second quicker to the quarter mile finish line. I am not buying this car to race or set records but to enjoy it .
Old 12-01-2014, 08:06 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Right On!

Entire concept of a drag strip is retarded. Whats the point of putting two cars side by side and launching them off to empty space? Its exactly like saying my ***** is bigger than yours. Who cares!

But then I also dont like american football and prefer the real football - the one you play with your foot Hence my name

I could careless how some other corvette can go half a second quicker to the quarter mile finish line. I am not buying this car to race or set records but to enjoy it .
Yeah, I know many old timers that like the stick. But, I'm not a youngster and I don't like the GTR guys licking there chops every time they see me so I'm up for that 2.95s, just to be frank!

Old 12-01-2014, 08:08 PM
SoonerSpeedFreak
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 36 Posts

[QUOTE=DerStig;1588386723]Entire concept of a drag strip is retarded. Whats the point of putting two cars side by side and launching them off to empty space? Its exactly like saying my ***** is bigger than yours. Who cares!

Says the guy with the little *****....
Old 12-01-2014, 08:31 PM
RS4EVA
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

I think Andy Pilgrim was fast in a few sectors. Would love to see the PDR data side by side.
Attached Images       
Old 12-01-2014, 08:46 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

The GTR record is leh Keen in the TSM GTR with 900 hp and huge DF. 1:23.8

But neither that or Forged performance are anywhere near stock. And both were on slicks.

People, read before you post irrelevant track records for modded cars.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:08 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Also, notice Tommy uses the paddles. Delay doesn't seem too bad.

Get notified of new replies

To Tommy Milner runs a 1:29.81 at Road Atlanta

Old 12-01-2014, 09:40 PM
zeshawn
Drifting

I wonder why the PDR's camera is blurry, it looks like its recording in 480p then expanding it to a 720p but whatever.

Also noticed how much the revs drop going from 4th to 5th which in addition to the ever increasing aero downforce and drag seems like a good recipe to slow the car down, just like the C6 Z06 days when the car died accelerated brutally through all gears and died in 5th (which GM later addressed)
Old 12-01-2014, 09:48 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

Did he have any comments on the memory seat option?
Old 12-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

This is America that's what we love. And nothing boring them watching soccer it's like watching paint dry. **** is a zzzzzzz fest..

Quick Reply: Tommy Milner runs a 1:29.81 at Road Atlanta