C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 owners: What do you love about the new car and why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Bad Bart
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 owners: What do you love about the new car and why?

I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this car, and have been equally anxious in hearing all the great things about it. Perhaps this thread can remain focused on all the wonderfulness of the new Z, without having to acknowledge any real or perceived shortcomings.

I'll start by saying those 1.19 G's on the skidpad and the mere .3 difference in the Figure 8 versus the 918 are astounding! And Tommy Milner's (admittedly a Corvette team driver) running commentary during his hot lap at Road Atlanta sure made the car sound like a dramatic move forward in terms of on track performance, not just from the LT4 but from the improvements in braking, suspension and aero.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:04 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Mostly positive for me presently... the torque is simply fantastic. The power & grip is like my previous Z51 Stingray but now on steroids therefore obviously much much more elevated & enhanced. The article which quoted it as "like putting a saddle on Superman" is spot on.

The Z06's design is subjective especially the spats but I like them... of course it could have been better if the front fender flares were integrated within the body like how the rear flares are but the current design didn't deter me at all. In a way, I like the racer-effect look or boy-racer as a few others continuously chastise so to that all I will say is good for you don't buy one then.

I do occasional HPDEs and autocross events like I did with my prior Stingray so once it's broken in, I'll get to push it more & more. If there are any shortcomings then I'll address it as it happens. I won't push it to the limits until I am comfortable with all this profound power... the bottom line for me is having fun with it and trying to develop my driving skills on a course more & more. I think the Z06 has more than enough for me to handle... it's driving wise on the track, which is key. The same goes for on the streets... I have logged 200+ miles so far and I can easily tell that I have to respect all of its power in order to stay within the boundaries and thus avoid a wreckless incident.

The flat bottom steering wheel I like.... helps functional wise too for me. The enhanced NPP variability/control is also a big plus over my 2014 Stingray's. And Active Rev Match on the '15 is improved. Quicker and abrupt in the sweet spot... not over matched or prolonged when compared to my previous Stingray. Mag Ride on the Z06 under Tour mode reminds me of Sport mode on my Mag Ride Z51... I feel it's dampening effect is sandwiched between a Stingray Z51 Mag's Tour and Sport mode. Therefore the Z06 in Tour mode is still comfy but a tad firmer when compared to a Stingray's Z51 Mag in Tour mode. Dialing up the Z06 to Sport mode, everything is enhanced.... handling is road course firm and ready to tackle the curves. Love the steering feedback in this mode too. Besides the big power increase, the next best improvement I like over my Z51 Stingray is definitely the NPP growl in Sport or Track mode. It's literally like the Lion King Gone Mad! Love it.

You guys who will get one soon, or later, will enjoy the Z06... it's still the best bang and package for the buck. Enjoy it!
Old 12-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Bad Bart
Intermediate

Originally Posted by C7_Stingray
Mostly positive for me presently... the torque is simply fantastic. The power & grip is like my previous Z51 Stingray but now on steroids therefore obviously much much more elevated & enhanced. The article which quoted it as "like putting a saddle on Superman" is spot on.

The Z06's design is subjective especially the spats but I like them... of course it could have been better if the front fender flares were integrated within the body like how the rear flares are but the current design didn't deter me at all. In a way, I like the racer-effect look or boy-racer as a few others continuously chastise so to that all I will say is good for you don't buy one then.

I do occasional HPDEs and autocross events like I did with my prior Stingray so once it's broken in, I'll get to push it more & more. If there are any shortcomings then I'll address it as it happens. I won't push it to the limits until I am comfortable with all this profound power... the bottom line for me is having fun with it and trying to develop my driving skills on a course more & more. I think the Z06 has more than enough for me to handle... it's driving wise on the track, which is key. The smae goes for on the streets... I have logged 200+ miles so far and I can easily tell that I have to respect all of its power in order to stay within the boundaries and thus avoid a wreckless incident.

The flat bottom steering wheel I like.... helps functional wise too for me. The enhanced NPP variability/control is also a big plus over my 2014 Stingray's. And Active Rev Match on the '15 is improved. Quicker and abrupt in the sweet spot... not over matched or prolonged when compared to my previous Stingray. Mag Ride on the Z06 under Tour mode reminds me of Sport mode on my Mag Ride Z51... I feel it's dampening effect is sandwiched between a Stingray Z51 Mag's Tour and Sport mode. Therefore the Z06 in Tour mode is still comfy but a tad firmer when compared to a Stingray's Z51 Mag in Tour mode. Dialing up the Z06 to Sport mode, everything is enhanced.... handling is road course firm and ready to tackle the curves. Love the steering feedback in is mode too. Besides the big power increase, the next best improvement I like over my Z51 Stingray is definitely the NPP growl in Sport or Track mode. It's literally like the Lion King Gone Mad! Love it.

You guys who will get one soon, or later, will enjoy the Z06... it's still the best bang and package for the buck. Enjoy it!
Awesome to hear C7_Stingray! I'm ignorant of the break in period, how many miles is it? And thanks for the comparo between the C7 and the Z06, gives great context.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:38 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Thanks for the informative write up C7 Stingray. I also sold my C7 and waiting for my A8 Z06. My order was accepted today by GM so I should have it in the middle of what looks like a snowy winter hear in the northeast...LOL
Old 12-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Bad Bart
Intermediate

Well, if you're looking for a real thrill, I doubt that there's much in this world that could match the excitement of 650 HP & TQ on icy roads.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:22 PM
stephenkopish
Heel & Toe

Just bought a new 2013 gs with nnp & mag ride .Great riding car I had a 2007 for 3 yrs and that to was a good vet NO problems. I did get a chance to test drive a 2014 z51 and felt the ride was much the same as my 2013 gs. except interior was relly nice in the 2014 .Retired Mech Engr. Good luck to all who choose a New Vet!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 owners: What do you love about the new car and why?

Quick Reply: Z06 owners: What do you love about the new car and why?