C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Current C7 Z06 owners only.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:54 AM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

Default Current C7 Z06 owners only.

Let's see what the current owners have to say about their car. Please, only current owners of a C7 Z06, not future owners or those thinking about owning a C7 Z06. I want to see what those people (current owners) have to say.

To the current owners.

First of all, your impression of your car.

Secondly, the issues who have been posted here ad nauseam, does this affect your feelings for your car?

Lastly, if you have issues due the things that have been mentioned in this forum, would you even know about them without reading about them here?

Again, please, only current owners of C7 Z06. They have all the credibility and knowledge of these cars, and they are the guys that all of us need to hear from.

As one who is having a C7 Z51 built next week, why should I care? Well, I love cars..........however I want some fairness and honest opinions from the owners themselves. Be it good or bad. If it's good, then that's OK, however if it's bad, they're the ones who really have a gripe, except those who put down a non-refundable deposit on a C7 Z06.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:10 AM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT
Let's see what the current owners have to say about their car. Please, only current owners of a C7 Z06, not future owners or those thinking about owning a C7 Z06. I want to see what those people (current owners) have to say.

To the current owners.

Secondly, the issues who have been posted here ad nauseam, does this affect your feelings for your car?

Lastly, if you have issues due the things that have been mentioned in this forum, would you even know about them without reading about them here?

Again, please, only current owners of C7 Z06. They have all the credibility and knowledge of these cars, and they are the guys that all of us need to hear from.

As one who is having a C7 Z51 built next week, why should I care? Well, I love cars..........however I want some fairness and honest opinions from the owners themselves. Be it good or bad. If it's good, then that's OK, however if it's bad, they're the ones who really have a gripe, except those who put down a non-refundable deposit on a C7 Z06.
1st I had a 2014 C7 Z51 & mine arrived on 1-15-14. This was a few months after the C7 launched. The issues people were having with their new C7 and posting them on the forum made the Z look like a successful launch without any problems. Even with all the negative complaints I still purchased the car & mine was perfect. My Z06 arrived on the 4th and I am trying to get it past break in (500) so I can get its first service so I can play.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:14 AM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

Pictures of both cars, still need to add aero to the Z06, been too busy.
Attached Images   
Old 12-14-2014, 05:06 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT
To the current owners.

1). Z06's styling is absolutely stunning in person. Power feels much more than doubled compared to my ex-Z51 Stingray but still breaking it in so I haven't pushed it very hard yet. Daily crusing actually feels just as light & easy as the Stingray's. Exhaust sound is so much better than the Stingray's in terms of loudness. Supercharger whine is cool too. My gripe is the wheels take longer to clean...

2) Nope not at all. Would still buy it regardless...

3) No known issues to report.... so far so good.
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2014, 05:16 AM
thegeneral101
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I receive mine today, will report back when I've driven it a bit. Coming from an M3, so I can't compare versus an old Z or Stingray.

This thread is so welcome, the other ones are just filled with nothingness.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:05 AM
Bluedevil15
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say how much I have hated this forum over the last month. Half of u people almost make me not excited anymore. But when I took delivery sat and saw how unreal it looks in person, now nice it drives, the interior, the millions of people taking pics while I was driving down the highway to take her home, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

Anyone who doesn't, GTFO....
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 AM
zee sting
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It has now been a week since I picked it up and the car is awesome. Having owned 9 previous Corvettes, one being a ZO6, they have done a fine job with this car. From the interior, (which I love) to the mean stance and looks of the overall car. I have been stopped or people coming up to me asking to see the car or take pictures. Those that are still waiting for theirs disregard all the negative comments. This car is everything I expected and more. It is an American made product that no one else has. Enjoy it!
Attached Images    
Old 12-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Z06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've had our car for about a week and have about 480 miles on it. Our frame of reference was a 2011 Z06/07.

Short answer is that I love the new car and am very happy and glad we took the plunge. We said we'd never sell our 2011 but after reading about the C7Z convinced ourselves to go ahead. Old car was sold in early July, deposit placed on new car with the expectation that we'd be looking at April/May delivery. Then, thanks to all you A8 and convertible guys, we got bumped up into the first order consensus AND were able to get our options (Z07 and CFV) past the constraint police.

Initial impressions -

1) Rearward vision is not as good as our C6Z

2) Seat travel is more limited than our C6Z

3) While the exhaust of the new car sounds great, we lost the "cackle" of the C6Z

4) Interior is MILES ahead in the new car in both the quality of materials and the electronics

5) Removable roof in the new car is going to be GREAT.

6) Rev-matching trans is cool.

7) Ride quality is no worse than our C6Z06/07.

8) Styling of the new car is phenomenal.

9) New car is quieter in cabin in that the sound of the stones getting picked up by the tires is much less.

10) The Bluetooth phone works MUCH better in the new car. Had to literally yell at the damn thing to maybe be heard in the old car. New car is MUCH better.

I too have been bummed by all the negative hype on this forum. Do I wish the reports of power loss were either disproved or fixed - yes. But it doesn't change the fact that we are very happy with our car.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:31 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

A quick pic of my new LB Z06 and my 60th 427 Vert:

I picked up my Z06 last Tuesday (12-9-14). When I got home Wednesday I had 550 miles on it. I've put another 150 since then.
My impressions of the Z06........Wow, what a great car. The power is so available, I've found that the tires spin in the first three gears even with the nannies on. The exhaust is loud and mean sounding when you get on it. Nice rumble or quiet when cruising, depending on mode.
The handling is great, as all C7's are. The looks.....well you can see for yourself. Driving down the road, people try to get closer just for a look or pic. Can't stop at a gas station without cell phones snapping pics. I'm surprised that everyone knows this is a Z06 instead of a Stingray.
I have a 3LZ Z06 without Z07. Still, the cornering ability is so much higher than anything I've had before (and I had the Premiere Coupe Stingray). I have the GT seats with suede inserts, and they are very supportive and comfortable.
I drove both the 427 and the Z06 on a quick test loop yesterday to compare the two. The 427 has always been my definition of smooth power. It rides great and the LS7 spins up so fast. Plenty of power.
Then I drove the Z06 on the same loop. I was expecting that it would not be as smooth, but I may have been wrong. The ride in tour mode was very smooth, too. Still comfortable in Sport (but the exhaust sounds better). The extra 145 HP is evident, too. The cockpit is a little tighter, but more supportive seats. The handling is sharper, too.
Got to say, I love them both.......but the Z06 is better.
BTW, only 700 miles but not a single problem.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:23 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Bump. More please.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Babaron
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

This is GREAT!!, keep it coming. Picking mine up this week....
Old 12-14-2014, 12:50 PM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I have now driven about 250 miles. I am not a racer (although I did go to the Ron Fellows School and loved it...and will be going back). I owned a 2014 Z51 Stingray.

First Impression - The Z06 is a BEAST. It makes my Z51 seem like a Taurus. This thing has AMAZING power. And the sound is awesome. I was a little disappointed in the sound of the Z51, but this Z06 GROWLS, even at higher speeds.

Issues - I have experienced none, and the issues discussed on the forum will not likely affect me since I don't plan to race or track the car.

Last edited by kstine98; 12-14-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:59 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I absolutely love my car and I've had no real issues with it. I'm rolling on winter tires and it feels as tight if not tighter than anything else I've ever driven. The car looks unbelievable. I brought it to a cars and coffee this morning, filthy dirty, and you would have thought I rolled up in a P1. People were out of their minds excited about it and thought it looked incredible...even covered in mud and concrete.

Couldn't be happier. Waiting for Spring.

Best,
Gene
Old 12-14-2014, 01:01 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by phantasms
I absolutely love my car and I've had no real issues with it. I'm rolling on winter tires and it feels as tight if not tighter than anything else I've ever driven. The car looks unbelievable. I brought it to a cars and coffee this morning, filthy dirty, and you would have thought I rolled up in a P1. People were out of their minds excited about it and thought it looked incredible...even covered in mud and concrete.

Couldn't be happier. Waiting for Spring.

Best,
Gene
Awesome Gene. Congrats.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:14 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

i was getting a little depressed in the week leading up to getting my car will all the negatives on the car but once i saw the car in person and each time i go in my garage and see it sitting there i could give a damn what anyone on the forum has for negative post about the car.
It is truely an incredible and sexy machine.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:22 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Great reviews. Good idea OP.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:22 PM
jasonvons
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My only complaint so far after a week is squeaking breaks that are ear splitting and embarrassing . I find the care better in every respect to my c6

Get notified of new replies

To Current C7 Z06 owners only.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:24 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jasonvons
My only complaint so far after a week is squeaking breaks that are ear splitting and embarrassing . I find the care better in every respect to my c6
There is a memo on this for replacing the pads. Non Z07 and Z51.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys
Pictures of both cars, still need to add aero to the Z06, been too busy.
I like the Shark Grey with Aluminum wheels so much better then the Black wheels on the darker grey.

Nice Ride!!!!
Old 12-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Great Thread! And the trolls haven't ruined it yet!

***Did I just jinx it???***

Thanks for the insight guys!

Quick Reply: Current C7 Z06 owners only.