C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Best 0-60-Performance Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 582 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Best 0-60-Performance Traction Control

Best Launch control for 0-60 for Z06s with Magnetic Ride Control only:

PTM system: You must go into Track Mode and Press down on the the TC button twice to enter Competition Mode. You cannot go into Comp Mode except in Track Mode.

Criteria that must be met to enter Launch Control:

1) Competition Mode must be entered, as described above.
2) Car must not be moving
3) The steering wheel must be pointed straight
4) The clutch engaged (pressed) and the vehicle in 1st gear
5) The throttle is rapidly applied to wide open throttle (Sounds scary so far doesn't it?)
6) The engine will stabilize at a safe rpm, keep floored, then quickly release the clutch, keeping the throttle floored.
0-60 in 2.85 seconds or better on a hot track. This applies to the M7 only. The A8 will have different instructions.

Tips: STM (Smart Tire Monitor) If your tire temps are not showing HOT, you may not get your best launch and or time. GM assumes that if the tires are under 115F degrees, that only 90% traction applies. I am really guessing at this, but from all indications, GM's tire temperature sensors are in the valve stems, and send an RF to the ECM based on certain estimated evaluated parameters to control your ABS, ELSD, and possibly the throttle position to keep the tires from spinning. Even though TC is turned off, it may be possible that the STM is still active. Time will tell, or maybe GM could jump in here, since this is a safety issue.

Legal stuff: Do this only on a track.

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 12-28-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Babaron
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

That's MY CAR!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Babaron
That's MY CAR!!!
You're famous!
Old 12-28-2014, 12:14 PM
hardhattg
ZR1TG
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Halltech

PTM system: You must go into Track Mode and Press down on the the TC button twice to enter Competition Mode. You cannot go into Comp Mode except in Track Mode.

5) The throttle is rapidly applied to wide open throttle (Sounds scary so far doesn't it?)
6) The engine will stabilize at a safe rpm, keep floored, then quickly release the clutch, keeping the throttle floored.
0-60 in 2.85 seconds or better on a hot track. This applies to the M7 only. The A8 will have different instructions.

Tips: STM (Smart Tire Monitor) If your tire temps are not showing HOT, you may not get your best launch and or time. GM assumes that if the tires are under 115F degrees, that only 90% traction applies. I am really guessing at this, but from all indications, GM's tire temperature sensors are in the valve stems, and send an RF to the ECM based on certain estimated evaluated parameters to control your ABS, ELSD, and possibly the throttle position to keep the tires from spinning. Even though TC is turned off, it may be possible that the STM is still active. Time will tell, or maybe GM could jump in here, since this is a safety issue.

did you guys get this result yourselves ? i am asking because i thought i remembered seeing where different magazines tests of car did not get their best numbers from launch control , consequently i never even tried it but now i guess i will .
Old 12-28-2014, 12:45 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

good info on the launch method
Old 12-28-2014, 12:48 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Best I could get with launch control was 3.70 secs. My best of the day was 3.10 secs. I ran it in sport mode 2. Launched around 2200 rpm. This car will run 62 mph in 1st gear so you have to no lift shift just before the rev limiter. No way you can watch the rpms it will come from listening to the engine. I ran over 25 pulls in different modes before I got the 3.1 sec run

Last edited by lawdogg149; 12-28-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
Best I could get with launch control was 3.70 secs. My best of the day was 3.10 secs. I ran it in sport mode 2. Launched around 2200 rpm. This car will run 62 mph in 1st gear so you have to no lift shift just before the rev limiter. No way you can watch the rpms it will come from listening to the engine. I ran over 25 pulls in different modes before I got the 3.1 sec run

2015 Corvette Z06 0-60 in 3.1 sec - YouTube
and you beat all the magazines, in probably colder tires and outside temps, which had you at probably 90% throttle position.

I am sure that when the weather is ideal, and on a good surface, we'll see 2.8s. We did 3.6 with our Stingray earlier this Spring. First and only try that day. 50 degree day, so I know the Nannies were hard at work. 0-120 was 11.3 on the next run. That is probably a 1/4 mile run.

Get that new motor broken in and get back to it!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 10:22 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I'm sure you were over the 1500 mile braking period? That does help.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:38 AM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

And then the motor died... jk
Old 06-14-2016, 08:32 AM
coladin
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

According to the PDR , looked like a no lift shift? Does that automatically happen in PTM if you are WOT or in any mode?
Old 07-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Taz Golf
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Halltech

What are the steps for the A8?
BTW just got the Carbon Fiber Stinger installed yesterday and very happy !!
Old 07-09-2016, 01:49 PM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

It's in the book...needs a good read, because it's so badly written.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:56 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I don't know where that 2.85 for the M7 ever came from, I never saw a sub-3 number from GM that wasn't for a Z07 A8.

The Z07 part shouldn't matter, unless the suspension aids launches.

Best I've done is 3.2 I think and that's Z06 A8 Convertible (so heavier, I imagine).

BTW, if people can avoid it, please don't quote a 3-page picture post to add a one line comment...

Automatic Instructions (car as to be in a PTM mode):

. The brake pedal must be firmly pressed to the floor, equivalent to a panic brake event.
. The accelerator pedal is rapidly applied to wide open throttle. (If the vehicle rolls due to wide open throttle, release the throttle, press the brake pedal more firmly, and re-apply the accelerator to wide open throttle.)

The Launch Control feature will initially limit engine speed as the driver rapidly applies the accelerator pedal to wide open throttle. Allow the engine rpm to stabilize. A smooth, quick release of the brake pedal, while maintaining the fully pressed accelerator pedal, will manage wheel slip.

After the vehicle is launched, the system continues in Competitive Driving Mode (except Z51 and Z06 with Magnetic Ride Control) or Performance Traction Management (Z51 and Z06 with Magnetic Ride Control).

Competitive Driving Mode, PTM, and Launch Control are systems designed for a closed course race track and not intended for use on public roads. The systems are not intended to compensate for lack of driver experience or familiarity with the race track.

Last edited by davepl; 07-09-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:34 PM
rrm
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
I don't know where that 2.85 for the M7 ever came from, I never saw a sub-3 number from GM that wasn't for a Z07 A8.

The Z07 part shouldn't matter, unless the suspension aids launches.

Best I've done is 3.2 I think and that's Z06 A8 Convertible (so heavier, I imagine).

BTW, if people can avoid it, please don't quote a 3-page picture post to add a one line comment...

Automatic Instructions (car as to be in a PTM mode):

. The brake pedal must be firmly pressed to the floor, equivalent to a panic brake event.
. The accelerator pedal is rapidly applied to wide open throttle. (If the vehicle rolls due to wide open throttle, release the throttle, press the brake pedal more firmly, and re-apply the accelerator to wide open throttle.)

The Launch Control feature will initially limit engine speed as the driver rapidly applies the accelerator pedal to wide open throttle. Allow the engine rpm to stabilize. A smooth, quick release of the brake pedal, while maintaining the fully pressed accelerator pedal, will manage wheel slip.

After the vehicle is launched, the system continues in Competitive Driving Mode (except Z51 and Z06 with Magnetic Ride Control) or Performance Traction Management (Z51 and Z06 with Magnetic Ride Control).

Competitive Driving Mode, PTM, and Launch Control are systems designed for a closed course race track and not intended for use on public roads. The systems are not intended to compensate for lack of driver experience or familiarity with the race track.
No way to get 0-60 in 3.1 with the A8. I have tried over and over and the best I have done is 3.6 following all the instructions. 3.8 was the usual result....rrm
Old 07-09-2016, 06:36 PM
nekoz
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Does launch control in both manual and auto make a difference? Does it keep the Z06 launch more stable from 1-2 gear?

Get notified of new replies

To Best 0-60-Performance Traction Control

Quick Reply: Best 0-60-Performance Traction Control