C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tracks near Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Z_Man
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracks near Dallas

Anyone know where a track is near Dallas to put the Z on?
Old 01-02-2015, 03:22 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_Man
MotorSport Ranch and Eagles Canyon. If you mean road course. Drag is another story and I don't know them all other than Texas Motorplex.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Z_Man
Advanced

What do they charge? Or is it a membership?
Old 01-02-2015, 03:38 PM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

What do they charge? Or is it a membership?
Membership or specail driving events. Call them then can get you hooked up. Lone star corvette club has events drivers edge and so on. F1 track in Austin
Old 01-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Z_Man
Advanced

Originally Posted by fasttoys
Membership or specail driving events. Call them then can get you hooked up. Lone star corvette club has events drivers edge and so on. F1 track in Austin
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:59 PM
GrampZ
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

This is the group you want: www.driversedge.net
Old 01-02-2015, 07:39 PM
2nd Childhood
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eagles Canyon is a better track for high horsepower cars over Motorsports Ranch. I do agree with the other respondent. The best way to access these tracks is through Driver's Edge. They run a good program.
I have run Circuit of the Americas twice through the BMW club. I am going in March with my Z06 to run. They run a good event, but you need to be a member of the BMW club to gain access to the event. Driver's Edge just ran an event at COTA in early December, but the timing is somewhat risky.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:00 AM
jamesw95
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2nd Childhood
Eagles Canyon is a better track for high horsepower cars over Motorsports Ranch. I do agree with the other respondent. The best way to access these tracks is through Driver's Edge. They run a good program.
I have run Circuit of the Americas twice through the BMW club. I am going in March with my Z06 to run. They run a good event, but you need to be a member of the BMW club to gain access to the event. Driver's Edge just ran an event at COTA in early December, but the timing is somewhat risky.
What are the dates for the COTA event in March.

Also to the OP Drivers Edge runs great HPDE around various tracks in Texas.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:32 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I second or fifth or whatever Driver's Edge. I run with them frequently and have for over a decade. Did COTA recently and it was epic as usual.

I have a few vids here on my youtube page that may get you a little excited to get your beautiful new Z onto the track with Driver's Edge from the COTA even a few weeks back:

https://www.youtube.com/user/quikagc5/videos
Old 01-03-2015, 09:00 AM
2nd Childhood
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BMW COTA event is March 20-22. May already be full.

Driver's Edge events tend to be Dallas centric, but the do events in College Station, Houston and Austin during the year. They have their calendar for the first quarter on their web site: http://www.thedriversedge.net/

Originally Posted by jamesw95
What are the dates for the COTA event in March.

Also to the OP Drivers Edge runs great HPDE around various tracks in Texas.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:08 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Another vote for Drivers Edge here. I ran with them a few years, did all of my instructed driving with them. Good group of people.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:47 AM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2nd Childhood
Not sure I agree with the ECR assessment, but it is far less technical and lets you focus more on enjoying power for power's sake and if you go outside Dallas area I recommend Texas World Speedway as this spring is your last chance at this epic track. COTA is fantastic, but $500/ day minimum to drive. Then there is Hallett and MSR Houston.

Last edited by kverges; 01-03-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:18 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

I'll also throw in you might consider Apex Driving Academy, as we do pretty intensive novice training and the Z is not a toy to just hope for the best in. Our next school at MotorSport Ranch is 1/31/15, but novice may be sold out. Just guessing you are novice since you did no know about area tracks, apologies if you just moved here. But if you do not have significant track experience, I really recommend drivers education.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:17 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Agree Apex is really good and, if you can get in, Keith might be able to give you some one on one training if he's available. That would be worth it for sure.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

To give a little more info, and yes, restating some of the above:

ECR (Eagles Canyon Raceway) holds Open Track Days once a month, instructors are provided. Link to calender: http://eaglescanyon.com/calendar/
Link to the next Open Track Day, January 24: http://eaglescanyon.com/ai1ec_event/...stance_id=1963
NOTE: LSCC also has a track day their each November

MSR Cresson (http://www.motorsportranch.com/) has track schools/HPDE groups that offer track time/education at the track, two of those are The Drivers Edge (http://www.thedriversedge.net/) and Apex Driving Academy (http://www.apexdrivingacademy.com/). I have used The Drivers Edge and found them to be a wonderful group. I have friends that use Apex Driving Academy and have wonderful comments about that group and their instruction. As you may have surmised, kverges is the man to talk to about Apex!

• Texas Motor Speedway/TMS - the Lone Star Corvette Club (LSCC http://www.lonestarcorvetteclub.com) has its annual Lone Star Corvette Classic each May (3rd weekend from what I recall) and the track day for the infield roadcourse is on the Sunday. There is another company that offers track experiences at TMS, forget their name though, I believe you use their C5 Corvettes from what I recall, unless something has changed, probably has.

Enjoy your new Z06!!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:40 PM
ZMMMMM
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 160 Likes on 96 Posts

Default big bend open road race

im kinda surprised that no one has yet to mention the http://www.bborr.com/ over in Fort Stockton Texas. with stock equipment, your allowed to go up to 124mph, but the goal is to average 110mph over 120 miles of closed-highway US285. entry into this class will cost prolly $600. with all the right safety equipment, your allowed to drive as fast as you want, but at a higher entry fee too. registration opened jan 2 and is filling up quickly for the apr 22-25 event. the lone star corvette club usually sends approx 10 cars.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:45 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tlschmidt71
im kinda surprised that no one has yet to mention the http://www.bborr.com/ over in Fort Stockton Texas. with stock equipment, your allowed to go up to 124mph, but the goal is to average 110mph over 120 miles of closed-highway US285. entry into this class will cost prolly $600. with all the right safety equipment, your allowed to drive as fast as you want, but at a higher entry fee too. registration opened jan 2 and is filling up quickly for the apr 22-25 event. the lone star corvette club usually sends approx 10 cars.
Maybe because the question was about Dallas area. The Nurburgring is great, too.

Get notified of new replies

To Tracks near Dallas

Old 01-05-2015, 10:13 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Buddha
There is another company that offers track experiences at TMS, forget their name though, I believe you use their C5 Corvettes from what I recall, unless something has changed, probably has.
Total Driving Experience sold their C5Zs last year unfortunately, believe they'll still do track training on the infield road course with customer's car though.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:58 AM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Total Driving Experience sold their C5Zs last year unfortunately, believe they'll still do track training on the infield road course with customer's car though.
Yep, Dawn at TDE, that's the company. Saw they were selling their fleet of Dodge stock cars too.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:54 AM
RossN
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tlschmidt71
BBOR is quite a ways from Dallas.

With that said, I've done it and it is a blast driving at over 120 mph for 30+ minutes, parking and having lunch, then turning around and doing again the opposite direction is something everyone should experience at least once! With a new Z a rookie showing up might qualify in the 120 group depending on car and drivers experience, then your catch up speed goes up to 136 i think. Groups go up by 10mph with gained event expiernce iirc and top out at 160mph, or is it Unlimited with proper safety? Many of the regulars are ex-fighter pilots, so you have to wonder if BBOR could ever be called boring...

Apologies in advance to OP for going OT...

Quick Reply: Tracks near Dallas