C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

GM - Here is what the young crowd wants!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 11:39 AM
danielzo6
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default GM - Here is what the young crowd wants!

I am a 26 year old Corvette enthusiast and have been following the release of the new Z for some time now. I love the looks and think everything is great in that department but I have a few suggestions and want to see what others think. I do NOT currently own a C7Z but have looked into them. I am coming out of a supercharged C6 Z06 and put together my C7Z want list. Keep in mind I cannot speak for others.

Please add:
* A larger displacement blower. The idea of a smaller blower spinning faster is OK but longevity seems like it could be more of an issue and limits the power when upgrading later on. ( If I cannot have the large displacement N/A car, give me a big a$$ blower)
* Over 700 HP (It's already been done, let's catch up).
* A louder whine coming from the charger to let me know it's there and working. (Again since I cannot have large N/A 427)
* Choice in pulleys for the charger. X amount of pounds gets about 700 hp with 100k mile warranty. >X amount of pounds with about 750-800 hp gets 50K mile warranty.
* A factory installed line lock. (Why you may ask, Because I want it!)
* Ability to lower the ride height on the car while inside the car. (The wheel/fender gap kills me)

Any other suggestions?

The car is a great car but I feel these options are at least something to think about in the future. I'm not here to say anything bad about the car and I love it, I just want something a little different. The car for the price is fantastic!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:43 AM
regorih
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds like you need a copo camaro.

GM has given you a hammer and you want to use it to cut bread
Old 01-06-2015, 11:45 AM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you personally able to go out and spend 90-120K on a vehicle right now? Are you a real, actual, real world buyer?

Because that's exactly who GM should listen to.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:47 AM
danielzo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by regorih
sounds like you need a copo camaro. GM has given you a hammer and you want to use it to cut bread
This is just a wish list. I guess that's what aftermarket companies are for. But you may be right as this may not be exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:48 AM
danielzo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by FLATOUTVIPER
Are you personally able to go out and spend 90-120K on a vehicle right now? Are you a real, actual, real world buyer? Because that's exactly who GM should listen to.
Yes I could. It would not be easy for me but it is entirely possible. Guys I love corvettes, how can I not make it any more clear this is simply my opinion.

The car is fantastic.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:51 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Gee, and all us older guys want is a power pulldown for the hatch.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:51 AM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danielzo6
Yes I could. It would not be easy for me but it is entirely possible. Guys I love corvettes, how can I not make it any more clear this is simply my opinion.

The car is fantastic.
If you can, and would go buy one then they should ABSOLUTELY take your ideas into consideration. A real customer is what they are all trying to capture.

I hate in the Viper world all of these guys that own $40K Gen 3 Vipers that throw a huge temper tantrum about this or that in the new Vipers and scream to the top of their lungs that Dodge is ruining the Viper even though 90% of those guys will be the second and third owners of a Gen V Viper.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by arcticblast
and an after market cup holder
Old 01-06-2015, 11:57 AM
danielzo6
Instructor

If you can, and would go buy one then they should ABSOLUTELY take your ideas into consideration. A real customer is what they are all trying to capture. I hate in the Viper world all of these guys that own $40K Gen 3 Vipers that throw a huge temper tantrum about this or that in the new Vipers and scream to the top of their lungs that Dodge is ruining the Viper even though 90% of those guys will be the second and third owners of a Gen V Viper.
I understand. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I love the car. Just wanted to get my opinion out there and see how others felt. I never thought about the auto hatch haha. I have always been into power and straight line performance but love the looks of the vette. I am not the type who tracks their car but being that I am only just over an hour away from Bowling Green I have been to the Z06 Fest where I did the autocross and loved it. I have always been around Corvettes and will always love them. I sold my Z to save up to buy the C7Z but just have not pulled the plug yet. I may not be with the normal Corvette crowd but wanted to see how others felt about my wish list.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:58 AM
KraZ
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a 26 year old Corvette enthusiast and have been following the release of the new Z for some time now. I love the looks and think everything is great in that department but I have a few suggestions and want to see what others think. I do NOT currently own a C7Z but have looked into them. I am coming out of a supercharged C6 Z06 and put together my C7Z want list. Keep in mind I cannot speak for others.

Please add:
* A larger displacement blower. The idea of a smaller blower spinning faster is OK but longevity seems like it could be more of an issue and limits the power when upgrading later on. ( If I cannot have the large displacement N/A car, give me a big a$$ blower)
* Over 700 HP (It's already been done, let's catch up).
* A louder whine coming from the charger to let me know it's there and working. (Again since I cannot have large N/A 427)
* Choice in pulleys for the charger. X amount of pounds gets about 700 hp with 100k mile warranty. >X amount of pounds with about 750-800 hp gets 50K mile warranty.
* Ability to lower the ride height on the car while inside the car. (The wheel/fender gap kills me)

Any other suggestions?

The car is a great car but I feel these options are at least something to think about in the future. I'm not here to say anything bad about the car and I love it, I just want something a little different. The car for the price is fantastic!
Can't believe you left out the MOST important factor - be able to put the power to the ground for faster times!! Porsche has 100 less ponies but does 2.7 and 10.9 over and over again.

GM - this is what I would pay even more for.

Peace
Old 01-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I hate in the Viper world all of these guys that own $40K Gen 3 Vipers that throw a huge temper tantrum about this or that in the new Vipers and scream to the top of their lungs that Dodge is ruining the Viper even though 90% of those guys will be the second and third owners of a Gen V Viper.
You've just described over half of the people who troll the C7 Z06 section.
Take the traffic on The Alley or the VOA, multiply it by 20 (or more) and then triple the ratio of people trolling and you'll see why people in this section get tired of all the crap.
S.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:03 PM
danielzo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Snorman
You've just described over half of the people who troll the C7 Z06 section. Take the traffic on The Alley or the VOA, multiply it by 20 (or more) and then triple the ratio of people trolling and you'll see why people in this section get tired of all the crap. S.
Probably so. I am not here to troll the forum or say I could build better, just giving my opinion. What would you change, if anything, about the C7Z? Are you saying it's perfect and would not have anything different? If so, they have targeted your group perfect but as for me, I have a slightly different taste on a few things.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:03 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticblast
I know! They already gave you the diaper storage in the rear

I love the car. I'm 30. I bought it. GM did everything right by me I'm beginning to think those who want more HP in general, are just insecure and want bragging rights. This is the highest HP car I've ever owned; 650hp is a lot of power to handle.

I can hear a little whine, which is good for me. But OMG that exhaust note! I also love how when you go into ECO mode and put it in 7th, its almost as quiet as a prius. (sans tire noise)
Old 01-06-2015, 12:07 PM
danielzo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by RandomTask
I know! They already gave you the diaper storage in the rear I love the car. I'm 30. I bought it. GM did everything right by me I'm beginning to think those who want more HP in general, are just insecure and want bragging rights. This is the highest HP car I've ever owned; 650hp is a lot of power to handle. I can hear a little whine, which is good for me. But OMG that exhaust note! I also love how when you go into ECO mode and put it in 7th, its almost as quiet as a prius. (sans tire noise)
Good to hear! I agree with the exhaust note, I have not been disappointed by any late model vettes but I am not insecure on anything when buying a vette. I was the guy who pulled the fuse on my Z and never once thought about the Bi-Mode stuff but I see why it is there.
Bragging rights? Maybe. But again I am in to roll racing and drag racing. I don't see much track stuff going on around here and just haven't gotten into it.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:13 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

You do not want a corvette, you are describing a blown mustang with line lock and air bags. GM tried to build a sniper rifle and you want a shotgun. lol
Old 01-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Probably so. I am not here to troll the forum or say I could build better, just giving my opinion. What would you change, if anything, about the C7Z? Are you saying it's perfect and would not have anything different? If so, they have targeted your group perfect but as for me, I have a slightly different taste on a few things.
To clarify, I was not specifically referring to you.
Regarding what I would want changed, I can't say (other than some minor details) until after I have taken delivery of my car and spent some time driving it, hopefully by mid-Feb.
S.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:22 PM
danielzo6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Snorman
To clarify, I was not specifically referring to you.
Regarding what I would want changed, I can't say (other than some minor details) until after I have taken delivery of my car and spent some time driving it, hopefully by mid-Feb.
S.
I see. I guess I received a lot of hostility for my opinion and was just naturally defensive. I appreciate the clarification.
Enjoy your car when you get it. I can say I'm a little jealous!

Get notified of new replies

To GM - Here is what the young crowd wants!

Old 01-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

As a 32 year old that could actually go buy one, I disagree on all of them pretty much besides more power would be nice. Big blower would be nice too. Ride height, no thanks, easy to adjust now. I don't like slammed cars. Loud blower, no thanks. I like quiet cars and don't need to hear a whine, or want to hear it.

One thing that I think GM, Dodge, Ford, etc should offer is a "drag pack" option for people who like straight line. Do smaller rear brakes, 15-17" wheels, special gearing, sticky drag radial type ties. This would be easy to do, allow the magazines,forum trolls, and people who like straight line stuff to go out, knock out good times bone stock, and have a car setup how they like with minimal changes and very little engineering/added cost.

I'm sure people would complain that vettes are for turning, not saying take away from that, but add an option for people who do like straight line stuff.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:28 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

I do have to admit, a COPO Corvette would be pretty cool. People would buy them.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:36 PM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I agree with the above poster talking about 0-60. I'd love to see some sort of active launch control that has a motor or something driving the front wheels. Giving you AWD acceleration for the drag strip but allowing you to go back to RWD for tracking and most everything else. Not sure if anything like that exist yet but I thought I saw another company was using a separate motor on the front wheels. I also agree it would be nice to have at least a slightly large displacement blower, for both longevity and power increase. The current blower is basically maxed out and I don't know long its going to last with other performance mods. I agree though the car is pretty damn amazing as is.

Quick Reply: GM - Here is what the young crowd wants!