C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Now available from SCP: C7 Z06 B&B Exhaust Systems!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:29 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Now available from SCP: C7 Z06 B&B Exhaust Systems!

C7 Z06 Corvette Billy Boat Exhaust Systems

Billy Boat Exhausts have become one of the premiere exhaust manufacturers for the Corvette. Since 1989 they've been manufacturing and building top of the line exhaust systems, and have always been at the very top of the Corvette exhaust R&D market. Each Billy Boat exhaust is manufactured from the highest quality stainless steel components and is designed with the specific vehicle's exhaust flow and tonal needs in mind. It's this attention to detail, quality, and performance that has made them so popular and that makes us at Southern Car Parts so proud to be your number one source for Billy Boat systems.

All Billy Boat exhaust systems on our website are on sale well below the MSRP price, and we stock most of them for your Corvette ordering needs. We've installed Billy Boat exhaust systems on our Corvettes here over the years, and have consistently been impressed with them. This impression is what has brought us to support and respect their products as much as we do.

All that being what it is, we run in to a lot of questions about the various Billy Boat exhaust systems. Because they make so many different types of exhaust systems, and each one has its own ideal use and Corvette application, these questions typically boil down to which exhaust is right for each customer. To try and help clear up some of the confusion, and to help you decide if or which Billy Boat exhaust system is right for you, we wanted to address the benefits and characteristics of each one.

C7 Z06 Gen3 Fusion Exhaust

When GM designed and introduced bi-modal exhaust systems for their flagship Corvette line-up they took the automotive world by storm. These exhausts are brilliant for offering a more tame and quiet driving experience at lower RPM ranges, while also opening up their valves for a wide open roar under more intense, heavy acceleration, and red-line pushing driving conditions. Of course, even with that in mind, the stock mufflers designed by Chevrolet are way too restrictive for the sound most people want and expect out of their small block V8 engine.
The Fusion Exhaust provides that same bi-modal functionality with a more aggressive and race inspired tone. With the tips closed, the Fusion and the Stock exhaust are comparable. The fusion's tone is deepened and cleaner, but, it's not noticeably louder; however, when a Corvette outfitted with a Fusion Exhaust opens up, the sound is unmistakable. The Fusion provides a hearty, muscle-car tone when wide open that is similar to the B&B Bullet exhaust, only a little bit quieter. This is achieved through the use of shortened Fusion mufflers that provide a more free-flowing and resonant exhaust.

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Speedway Tips: http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ay-p-6680.html

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Oval Tips: http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ps-p-6682.html

C7 Z06 Fusion Available Here with Round Tips: http://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-z...ps-p-6681.html

These tips are all manufactured from the highest quality polished stainless steel for a beautiful and aggressive visual finish that will match your vehicle's new found tonal and performance benefits.

If there are any other questions you may have about the Billy Boat systems above, or about any other Billy Boat product (or any product we carry here at Southern Car Parts) please do not hesitate to ask. Give us a call at our office at 888-631-1433 and we'll do our best to answer your questions and help you outfit your C7 Corvette as best as possible.

Please click links above for pricing and ordering information.

SCP Team

Last edited by southerncarparts; 08-02-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:45 AM
soulsea
Alcoholics Unanimous
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,642 Likes on 413 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Looking forward to a sound clip on an actual Z06.

Does the round tip version only come with SS tips or is there a black tips version as well?

Thanks
Old 02-06-2015, 01:07 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by soulsea
Looking forward to a sound clip on an actual Z06.

Does the round tip version only come with SS tips or is there a black tips version as well?

Thanks
We'll post with a sound clip as soon as we have a chance to record something.

As for the tips, both styles are available.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 02-06-2015, 04:39 PM
blown383c4conv
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that a normal price for C7 exhaust? Or is it more for a Z06?
MSRP of almost $2600 for valve back seams a bit expensive?
Old 02-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

BULLETS DAVE!!! WHERE THE HECK ARE THE BULLETS???

Seriously, thanks for the update. Any idea when the bullets will arrive?
Old 02-16-2015, 04:51 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
BULLETS DAVE!!! WHERE THE HECK ARE THE BULLETS???

Seriously, thanks for the update. Any idea when the bullets will arrive?
Soon my friend!!

Old 03-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Any updates with the Bullets??? I dont want them..I NEED them...Theres a HUGE difference!
Old 04-11-2015, 04:32 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
Any updates with the Bullets??? I dont want them..I NEED them...Theres a HUGE difference!
Suppose to be anytime now...
Old 04-28-2015, 09:50 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM
GP1224
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

I feel the need for AM exhausts is so much less these days with modes on the fly.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:29 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I've had the Fusion Exhaust on for @ 1500 miles now, and it, by no means, sounds like the bullet exhaust B&B is known for, but it is a great exhaust nontheless.

I ran WCC long tubes, WCC X-Pipe and a Borla Sport exhaust system in my C6 and that thing sounded BEAST. Drone was a problem in the car, but I did not give a shoot. I wanted loud and I had loud!

I wanted to keep the functionality of the bi-modal exhaust in my new Z. No drone, mean bark at start-up, volume still MUCH louder than stock and anything above 3.5krpm and that thing screams...MOVE OUT THA WAY, BIATCH! This is all in ECO mode!

In Track mode, everything is LOUDER and MEANER. I was at APR Performance in the waiting room and when they started the Z in the back, the bark made me jump out of my chair. Of course, APR had it in Track mode! What trips me out the most is the experience inside the car. It sounds stock with the windows up. The absence of drone is foreign to me. All of my vehicles, except the wife's Caddy has an exhaust system . I am used to some drone, whether barely noticeable or flat out ear bleeding! When I first got the car after the exhaust was installed, I though, THIS THING IS JUNK! That is until, I had someone rev the motor when I was outside. The Fusion is NO JOKE! One of my drivers has a 2014 Stang GT with LT's, X-pipe and some American Muscle (Pypes) bullet system that sounds on par with what my C6 sounded like. The B&B is just as loud, volume wise, but different. Stangs have that hollow, raspy sound while the Z sounds more controlled.

If and when I install long tubes and an X-Pipe, this thing will be ABSOLUTELY crazy!

I am VERY SATISFIED with the Fusion exhaust system. I love the sound of the B&B bullets, but I would not change a thing if I could do it over again. If you could care less about the bi-modal functionality, then the Bullets will be for you, or one of the many great exhausts out there. I wanted to keep my NPP functionality so I went this route and glad I did!

If you are ever in SoCal, drop me a PM and I will send you my cell phone #. We can meet up to listen to the exhaust note.

-Ron

Last edited by DSOMonster; 04-28-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:39 AM
WaFp
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Soon my friend!!

Old 04-28-2015, 03:29 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DSOMonster
I've had the Fusion Exhaust on for @ 1500 miles now, and it, by no means, sounds like the bullet exhaust B&B is known for, but it is a great exhaust nontheless.

I ran WCC long tubes, WCC X-Pipe and a Borla Sport exhaust system in my C6 and that thing sounded BEAST. Drone was a problem in the car, but I did not give a shoot. I wanted loud and I had loud!

I wanted to keep the functionality of the bi-modal exhaust in my new Z. No drone, mean bark at start-up, volume still MUCH louder than stock and anything above 3.5krpm and that thing screams...MOVE OUT THA WAY, BIATCH! This is all in ECO mode!

In Track mode, everything is LOUDER and MEANER. I was at APR Performance in the waiting room and when they started the Z in the back, the bark made me jump out of my chair. Of course, APR had it in Track mode! What trips me out the most is the experience inside the car. It sounds stock with the windows up. The absence of drone is foreign to me. All of my vehicles, except the wife's Caddy has an exhaust system . I am used to some drone, whether barely noticeable or flat out ear bleeding! When I first got the car after the exhaust was installed, I though, THIS THING IS JUNK! That is until, I had someone rev the motor when I was outside. The Fusion is NO JOKE! One of my drivers has a 2014 Stang GT with LT's, X-pipe and some American Muscle (Pypes) bullet system that sounds on par with what my C6 sounded like. The B&B is just as loud, volume wise, but different. Stangs have that hollow, raspy sound while the Z sounds more controlled.

If and when I install long tubes and an X-Pipe, this thing will be ABSOLUTELY crazy!

I am VERY SATISFIED with the Fusion exhaust system. I love the sound of the B&B bullets, but I would not change a thing if I could do it over again. If you could care less about the bi-modal functionality, then the Bullets will be for you, or one of the many great exhausts out there. I wanted to keep my NPP functionality so I went this route and glad I did!

If you are ever in SoCal, drop me a PM and I will send you my cell phone #. We can meet up to listen to the exhaust note.

-Ron
Old 08-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Is it just me or do all these exhaust systems pretty much all sound the same???
The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (12-27-2019)
Old 08-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Destrukt
Got Boost?!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18.'19

Originally Posted by Patriot77
Is it just me or do all these exhaust systems pretty much all sound the same???
B&B Bullets will blow you away
Old 08-03-2015, 03:25 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by shayneusmc
B&B Bullets will blow you away
Any update on when/if these will become available for C7Z's???

My neighbors are becoming too friendly... need some space, the bullets would do the trick

Edit

Google is my friend... realized that they are already available

Has anyone with a C7Z installed these on their car and if so can you provide a review

Last edited by OH THREE Z; 08-03-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:31 PM
rectifyer2000
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm looking to manually control the valves to keep them open ALL THE TIME, or closed ALL THE TIME. Can I manage the B&B's manually? If not, is there an add-on system that will allow me to manually open or close the vavles on the B&B Fuisons?

Get notified of new replies

To Now available from SCP: C7 Z06 B&B Exhaust Systems!

Old 08-09-2015, 12:24 AM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 452 Likes on 255 Posts

Are just the rectangular tips available?
Old 08-21-2015, 08:35 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rectifyer2000
I'm looking to manually control the valves to keep them open ALL THE TIME, or closed ALL THE TIME. Can I manage the B&B's manually? If not, is there an add-on system that will allow me to manually open or close the vavles on the B&B Fuisons?
Not that we are aware of...

Originally Posted by JMB
Are just the rectangular tips available?
Sorry, only the tips with the systems...
Old 08-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Daisuke149
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates on sound on an actual z06? Its not going to sound the same as a lt1.

Quick Reply: Now available from SCP: C7 Z06 B&B Exhaust Systems!