C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

iPod interface freezes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 11:37 AM
kene55
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod interface freezes?

I just got my new Z06, and I love it - it is phenomenal. But I noticed on the very first day a glitch.

I have an iPod plugged into the USB port in the center armrest. Every time I start the car, whatever song was playing resumes playing, and the artist/title/artwork all display correctly. But when the NEXT song starts, the display does not update. I can drive and listen to as many songs as I like and the display never changes. If I shut off the car and start it again, it resets, and the current song data is displayed correctly, but again, it will never change to the next song.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Utah Corvette
Heel & Toe

I'm sure you have already, but restart your iPod just in case.

The iPod / iPhone interface seems super glitchy to me. I have always had some kind of problem on all my GM cars when I use Apple stuff.

I'll just add another question to the mix too. I've got an iPhone 6 Plus plugged in (BTW- it's fits perfectly lying on top of the open cup rests- kind of cool!). When I hit the forward / back buttons either on the phone, the headunit or the steering wheel it takes about 3-4 seconds to move. Then it it usually freezes showing the info for the next song, but nothing plays. I have to press "pause" and "play" several times to get it to play. Anyone else experience anything like that?
Old 01-30-2015, 01:08 PM
rkolkmeier
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Utah Corvette

The iPod / iPhone interface seems super glitchy to me. I have always had some kind of problem on all my GM cars when I use Apple stuff.

I'll just add another question to the mix too. I've got an iPhone 6 Plus plugged in (BTW- it's fits perfectly lying on top of the open cup rests- kind of cool!). When I hit the forward / back buttons either on the phone, the headunit or the steering wheel it takes about 3-4 seconds to move. Then it it usually freezes showing the info for the next song, but nothing plays. I have to press "pause" and "play" several times to get it to play. Anyone else experience anything like that?
After I updated the firmware on my IPhone 5 to the new 8.1 I started having problems in my '11 Chevy duramax. If I answered the phone on Bluetooth the music would not start playing again after the phone call was terminated. I would have to push the music icon on the phone or actually go to song currently playing and push start again. I have not had any issue's with the Z yet as far as music goes but have not been able to get any Txt notifications through the system yet. it is enabled but maybe something is not set properly.

I did update the software on the phone the other night to 8.1.3 and that seems to have fixed the issue I was having in the truck. haven't been in the Z since then to see if it had an effect there.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:18 PM
todm
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kene55
I just got my new Z06, and I love it - it is phenomenal. But I noticed on the very first day a glitch.

I have an iPod plugged into the USB port in the center armrest. Every time I start the car, whatever song was playing resumes playing, and the artist/title/artwork all display correctly. But when the NEXT song starts, the display does not update. I can drive and listen to as many songs as I like and the display never changes. If I shut off the car and start it again, it resets, and the current song data is displayed correctly, but again, it will never change to the next song.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

Thanks!
I connect via Blue Tooth, not a cable, and it works just fine.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:28 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

I had the same problem exact with an iPod Classic. Bought a new connector of higher quality and throughput and that didn't work. So my son suggested I buy an iPod Touch -- that solved it. However, two things I learned from the OnStar Infotainment tech (who was terrific): 1) Apple audio cannot be used with Bluetooth -- Apple did not make it compatible with MyLink, so you still need the USB connector; and 2) The USB connector behind the nav screen only charges devices -- cannot be used to transmit audio.

So 'todm' how do you connect via Bluetooth? Is that for audio or voice? Thanks.

Frank
Old 01-30-2015, 02:43 PM
todm
Instructor

Originally Posted by fpfaeth
I had the same problem exact with an iPod Classic. Bought a new connector of higher quality and throughput and that didn't work. So my son suggested I buy an iPod Touch -- that solved it. However, two things I learned from the OnStar Infotainment tech (who was terrific): 1) Apple audio cannot be used with Bluetooth -- Apple did not make it compatible with MyLink, so you still need the USB connector; and 2) The USB connector behind the nav screen only charges devices -- cannot be used to transmit audio.

So 'todm' how do you connect via Bluetooth? Is that for audio or voice? Thanks.

Frank
I set it up at the dealer, so I can't remember what I did, but it took less then a minute. It was super easy....AND it works fantastic. It detects my I-phone automatically every time I enter the car. You might call your dealer....
Old 01-30-2015, 02:44 PM
todm
Instructor

Originally Posted by todm
I set it up at the dealer, so I can't remember what I did, but it took less then a minute. It was super easy....AND it works fantastic. It detects my I-phone automatically every time I enter the car. You might call your dealer....
And it is for both Audio and Voice
Old 01-30-2015, 03:28 PM
Utah Corvette
Heel & Toe

I did update the software on the phone the other night to 8.1.3
Good call- up to date software is important. I just noticed I need to update my phone.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:25 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

'todm' -- thanks. I'll check with my dealer the next time I'm there. Thanks for noting 'both voice and audio.' Frank
Old 01-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Fw190D9
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem with the ipod, the next song does not display on the screen. Mine is plugged into the usb behind the screen and it does transmit audio. All 3 usb's seem to have the same issue with the ipod though. Im gonna steal one of my kids Itouch's and see if that works.

Evan Q.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:19 PM
kene55
Drifting

I reset the iPod, and then reattached it to the car, restarted the car, and now it is working perfectly fine. I have no idea if that really fixed it or not. I suspect this is just some intermittent glitch.

Thanks for the replies; if the problem comes back I'll take it to the dealer (probably nothing they can do but report it to GM) and will post any new information I get.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:39 PM
todm
Instructor

Turn blue tooth on in your phone and then go to the owners manual and look up blue tooth and pairing with the vehicle. It should be easy to do.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:37 PM
petecaballero
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Utah Corvette

Do you have a pic on how the 6+ sits it the cup tray?

Get notified of new replies

To iPod interface freezes?

Quick Reply: iPod interface freezes?