C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports
View Poll Results: Group Purchase Program for the Halltech Rotomolded Stinger
I'm in, where do I sign up?
87.10%
No thanks.
12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Halltech Stinger-RZ rotomolded Induction for the C7-Group Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:37 PM
bryanh99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally got the car yesterday and seems I missed the group pricing order....
Old 03-27-2015, 04:42 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

woot cant wait to get mine shipped on 2nd day of production!
Old 03-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Let me see if I have this "somewhat correct". I ordered the plastic no tune version. But there is no guarantee that I will not need a tune. Correct??? Also if I order the filter then I will "definitely" need a tune??? Are those 2 statements correct???
Old 03-28-2015, 12:18 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Patriot77
Let me see if I have this "somewhat correct". I ordered the plastic no tune version. But there is no guarantee that I will not need a tune. Correct??? Also if I order the filter then I will "definitely" need a tune??? Are those 2 statements correct???
You will get what you ordered. We have not started testing the plastic induction, since the molds are not in our possession yet.

We know the plastic unit can be "trimmed" to make it a tune or no tune unit, so when we get the setup you ordered, it will be shipped.

Where did you get the idea that there is no gaurantee it will not need tuning? That is completely false. The high flow filter is a tuning only filter on the carbon fiber unit, but may not require tuning on the plastic unit. Just hang tight. We are two week ahead of our launch date.

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 03-28-2015, 02:38 PM
golfnutintib
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Halltech
I am just gauging interest in a Group Purchase Program to get these out to the forum members and to see how many we need to get done the first few weeks. GROUP PURCHASE PRICING WILL BE $425.00 WITH FREE SHIPPING FOR THE FIRST 25 CUSTOMERS (Lower 48 Only)

We are about 7 to 8 weeks from launching our new C7 and C7 Z06 Stinger-R and Stinger-RZ rotomolded Nylon induction system.

I cannot tell you the material we are using, and it will not stave off heat soak the way our Patent Pending CKN technology does, but it will be better than stock in that respect.

Power will be exactly what our Stinger CKNZ system is producing as reported by Katech.

Without tuning of any kind.

With a small amount of fuel correction Katech slapped the dyno silly with a +36 RWHP increase. This was not full tuning, but what is called corrective tuning to bring back the best power air fuel ratio. Safely.

Looking for more power, stay tuned. Our dealers are not done. There are so many new parts coming down the pike, this car will be a 9 second street monster very soon.
Late to the party but PM sent.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:27 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

just paid invoice cant wait to do a before and after dyno myself need to get some more seat time in my car only have 600 some miles
Old 03-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

I am going to post installation tips starting today. We plan on doing a video to make the installation process much easier.

I got a call from a customer that was having some really bad luck during his installation, and I feel terrible. He cut his finger cutting off the hard line radiator overflow line, and broke off the nipple to the thermostat housing somehow. Ugh!

He asked why we sent two identical filters. We actually sent a Synthetic Dry filter (installed) and a ST689 High Flow filter. Both have the same K&N part number because we had K&N use our ST689 mold and change the media to the dry synthetic media. On the carbon fiber CKNZ system, the filter makes the difference between tune, and no tune (Synthetic Dry) since he was one of the original beta testers.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Default Engine Bay Preparation Step 1

This basic preparation is to make room for our huge by large airbox. We use up all the real estate, so some things must be moved slightly.

The first thing is to get the radiator hose away from the airbox. It may touch the bottom of the airbox if not relocated back and up. Not much, but this is important. I know that this is not something most of you would worry about, but imagine 230F water temps, resting directly on the CKN heat or plastic airbox. Yes, it would eventually heat up the airbox. The first video is short and shows how I zip tie the hose to the rear hose, and put a strip of gold heat barrier on the hose. I know, the gold is supposed to reflect heat, but some folks complain when it is put on the airbox. So we are going to put it in every installation package and you can decide. We have used gold, aluminum ceramic, and other materials since 2013 when we started making the CKN airboxes for the C7 Stinger setup and it will be even more important with plastic.

Obviously not edited or rehearsed.

Once the engine bay prep is done, the actual intake takes 5 minutes to install

Last edited by Halltech; 03-28-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:11 AM
blown383c4conv
Racer

That 3/8 rubber line is an eye sore running over the air box. Any other way to route it? It takes away from the carbon fiber with a rubber snake floppin around on it.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Geauxbob51
Heel & Toe

I was part of the non thread some time ago but never heard back. I want one of the non tune non carbon fiber units. Please pm me with what I need to do
Old 03-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by blown383c4conv
That 3/8 rubber line is an eye sore running over the air box. Any other way to route it? It takes away from the carbon fiber with a rubber snake floppin around on it.
It is long enough to run under the airbox. Problem solved.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:02 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Geauxbob
I was part of the non thread some time ago but never heard back. I want one of the non tune non carbon fiber units. Please pm me with what I need to do
We have suspended our carbon fiber units for the time being to get caught up.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:55 PM
blown383c4conv
Racer

It is long enough to run under the airbox. Problem solved.
Great, Thanks.
I'm looking forward to mine. Hopefully I've moved up on the list with people switching to the rotomold.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Great, Thanks.
I'm looking forward to mine. Hopefully I've moved up on the list with people switching to the rotomold.
actually no one switched.

We are at 18 backordered, so some progress is being made.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Great, Thanks.
Shoot me an email, I will give you an idea of where you are.

Jim
Old 03-31-2015, 04:43 AM
Just 4 2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I need this, no tune .
Old 04-24-2016, 10:48 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

I am going to post installation tips starting today. We plan on doing a video to make the installation process much easier.

I got a call from a customer that was having some really bad luck during his installation, and I feel terrible. He cut his finger cutting off the hard line radiator overflow line, and broke off the nipple to the thermostat housing somehow. Ugh!
I just did this. Barley bumped it and it sheared. And of course it is Sunday and of course I have to fly out this afternoon to a meeting for week with coolant everywhere. I am pissed off

Quick Reply: Halltech Stinger-RZ rotomolded Induction for the C7-Group Purchase?