C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

The C7 splash guards on Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 02:03 PM
JWingo
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 49 Posts

ACS Splash guards and ACS side skirts. Excellent quality and fit!
The following users liked this post:
C7/Z06 Man (04-09-2016)
Old 02-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Torchredc5vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For everyone with the acs front splash guards... have you found them to be keeping the rocks from hitting rear qtr area and doing the job? Especially since they are not as wide as the apsis guards for example.

Feedback would be great

Thanks
Old 02-28-2017, 10:03 PM
ronsc1985
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchredc5vette
For everyone with the acs front splash guards... have you found them to be keeping the rocks from hitting rear qtr area and doing the job? Especially since they are not as wide as the apsis guards for example.

Feedback would be great

Thanks
Yes
Old 02-28-2017, 10:45 PM
TB427Z06
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by C7/Z06 Man
I now have the ACS 30% wider front splash guards. They just screw on using factory screw holes, so nothing needs to be modified.

According to ACS their front guards are 30% wider than the GM ones that were designed for the narrower C7 Stingray. They do offer more protection and for me they still look good (OEM) like the factory ones. And I still have the GM splash guards on the rear. Car now has approx. 8,000 miles with a fair amount of trips to the track and still looking good.

JMO, but the more expensive ones on the market stick out a little to far for my visual taste.

PS: But I did use that expensive brand on my C6 because the ones they designed for the "C6" Z06/GS did the job & looked damn good too.

ACS front splash guards. Maybe a light refection at the bottom like what's reflecting from the side skirt and not dirt.
You have the exact same setup as I do and I agree this is offers great protection and looks good as well. I've got Expel on front clip and headlights, side rockers, and entire back quarter panel and rear brake ducts. Still debating whether to add additional protection in the form of side skirts, but I'm not a fan of the looks and think the car has cleaner lines without them. Here's my post on the splash guards from a week ago.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-my-z06.html
Old 03-01-2017, 12:05 AM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 545 Likes on 378 Posts

I went with ACS front and rear.wider than gm,but not as wide as Apis.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:06 AM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 545 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by TB427Z06
You have the exact same setup as I do and I agree this is offers great protection and looks good as well. I've got Expel on front clip and headlights, side rockers, and entire back quarter panel and rear brake ducts. Still debating whether to add additional protection in the form of side skirts, but I'm not a fan of the looks and think the car has cleaner lines without them. Here's my post on the splash guards from a week ago.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-my-z06.html
I have same set up.works good.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:00 AM
Greenbayjohn
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Splash guards

I feel like I keep mentioning this but...apsis is the splash guards to go and get. They look great and are wide enough to cover width of our tires. Please look at these...you will thank me. Not the cheapest but they work and don't look like a add on. Ask for Jersey Wu...they make them is matte black which matches factory flap on top portion of well. You can also order in carbon flash and carbon fiber. Check them out online. All other guards too narrow for protection...it's a simple decision to make. Hope this helps you out.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Torchredc5vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenbayjohn
I feel like I keep mentioning this but...apsis is the splash guards to go and get. They look great and are wide enough to cover width of our tires. Please look at these...you will thank me. Not the cheapest but they work and don't look like a add on. Ask for Jersey Wu...they make them is matte black which matches factory flap on top portion of well. You can also order in carbon flash and carbon fiber. Check them out online. All other guards too narrow for protection...it's a simple decision to make. Hope this helps you out.
Do you have pictures of them on your z06?

With the front splash guards

Thanks
Old 03-07-2017, 11:53 PM
benapm1
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 45 Posts

Or make some like I did. So far kept the road rash away
Attached Images  

Last edited by benapm1; 03-07-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:20 PM
JMills
Drifting

Received 784 Likes on 330 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C2 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Greenbayjohn
Just got mine! Not on yet, but does not match the factory flap on top as you say! The Matte black is a much shinier/polished finish then the factory top portion! Actually quite disappointed for the money I paid !

Last edited by JMills; 03-11-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Pics added
Old 03-11-2017, 01:53 PM
gve
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 204 Posts

I would send them back to be repainted for what they cost. Good Luck, let us know how they treat you on this.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:11 AM
Greenbayjohn
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Splash guards

I have a call into company to speak to Jersey wu. Sorry you are not happy with product. Mine matched great for my Z06/Z07. Hope they change them to make you satisfied or refund you.

Last edited by Greenbayjohn; 03-12-2017 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-12-2017, 11:26 AM
JMills
Drifting

No worries on my end. Maybe I ordered the wrong SKU. According to my invoice , I received LR-CHEO9-72C-RR. Unfortunately I can't find a part "72C" on there website. I'll have one of my boys handle it! Four sons---all Corvette owners---die hard car guys!! Life is good! Raised them right!

Peace
Old 03-12-2017, 12:34 PM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 604 Likes on 408 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by JMills
Just got mine! Not on yet, but does not match the factory flap on top as you say! The Matte black is a much shinier/polished finish then the factory top portion! Actually quite disappointed for the money I paid !

Hi John,

Sorry to hear your complaints. Please send it back and we will exchange it for you.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:04 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Way to go jersey! Excellent customer service---glad to see it. I probably recommend your guards 10 times a month as these threads come up---will continue to do so.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:19 PM
JMills
Drifting

Thanks-- but not sure what I got and what I need? Just want it to match whats on the car.

Recommendations/advice needed!

Appreciate you reaching out! Again--probably my fault for ordering the wrong item!1

Thanks
Old 03-12-2017, 03:25 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

I installed the GM splash guards on my '17 Z06 prior to leaving the dealer for "some" protection on my 1500mi trek back home. Decided to put some ACS units on it.

Installed them today. Below are my personal opinions.

Pros:
- Definitely stick out stick out to what looks like the edge of the tire to me. Should provide better protection than the GM units along with the factory side skirts.

Cons:
- Quality is not near what the GM unit has. ACS's control of texture in their mold tools is not near as uniform as GM's. Additionally, their attention to detail regarding removing "flash" around the edges is very poor. I'm surprised they let this out the door. Considering the GM units are made in China and ACS is made (where?) this is very surprising honestly.

- Why they decided to use the screws and not clips is not obvious to me. Using the screws leaves the wheel well liner not attached as GM intended. Maybe because it was cheaper???
- The exposed edges of the parts are not rounded like GM parts. It appears the edges are the parting line in the tool (???) and are sharp. Not a great part/tooling design.

This being said, I would buy them again for the relatively cheap extra protection. They look nice as long as you don't look at them too close like I did when looking over their quality when I pulled them from the box.

Attached is a picture of the ACS vs. GM showing the increased "lip".

Last edited by SnowyATX; 03-12-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To The C7 splash guards on Z06

Old 03-12-2017, 03:32 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,836 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06
I installed the GM splash guards on my '17 Z06 prior to leaving the dealer for "some" protection on my 1500mi trek back home. Decided to put some ACS units on it.

Installed them today. Below are my personal opinions.

Pros:
- Definitely stick out stick out to what looks like the edge of the tire to me. Should provide better protection than the GM units along with the factory side skirts.

Cons:
- Quality is not near what the GM unit has. ACS's control of texture in their mold tools is not near as uniform as GM's. Additionally, their attention to detail regarding removing "flash" around the edges is very poor. I'm surprised they let this out the door. Considering the GM units are made in China and ACS is made (where?) this is very surprising honestly.

- Why they decided to use the screws and not clips is not obvious to me. Using the screws leaves the wheel well liner not attached as GM intended. Maybe because it was cheaper???

This being said, I would buy them again for the relatively cheap extra protection. They look nice as long as you don't look at them too close like I did when looking over their quality when I pulled them from the box.
I was seriously considering the ACS guards for the front when I get my Z06 in a few weeks(mine will be Torch Red too btw), but your post about the wheel liner not being properly attached when using them has me a little concerned. Do you have a close up pic with the guards on the car to show how it looks? Thanks.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:37 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

The liner thing probably isn't a big deal but I don't know why they decided to re-engineer something that seems fine to me, i.e. use the clips. The liner isn't going anywhere but not held in place as good.

No pics, just rained and car is REAL dirty.

You can see the details here.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:48 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,836 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06
The liner thing probably isn't a big deal but I don't know why they decided to re-engineer something that seems fine to me, i.e. use the clips. The liner isn't going anywhere but not held in place as good.

No pics, just rained and car is REAL dirty.

You can see the details here.

https://youtu.be/TD325PZ1jOA
Thanks for posting that video. After seeing the ACS guards up close like that I'm not so sure I want to go with them after all. My car is going to have Stage 2 Aero so the full length skirts will be on there, but none of the solutions I've seen for splash guards seem optimal.

Quick Reply: The C7 splash guards on Z06