C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

New Z06 Vert A8 laguna blue

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 05:16 PM
stepheng
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts
Default New Z06 Vert A8 laguna blue

Well this is my first posting since I'm new to the forum. My laguna blue Z06 (VIN 3011) Vert A8 stage1 has finally arrived at my courtesy dealer, hooray. It's A8 since I'll be using it as my daily driver (so at least 12k miles per year in the non-winter months here in northern colorado). This is my 4th corvette so far.

Most of the car looks to be in great shape, no dings or scratches, paint looks great (at least to my uneducated eyes). Unfortunately as I expected it has the cold cracks on all four tires. The front tires are getting replaced by my courtesy dealer next Monday but rears are not available (e.g. tire rack says they won't be available until april) so now have to wait to see whether GM is willing to help out somehow. Trouble is GM are saying it's a shipment problem so they may wash their hands of it. But at least while I'm waiting for tires I am getting the entire car wrapped in Xpel which should be done by the end of next week.

I've read that these cracks are "cosmetic" but I've also read the dealer is not meant to release the car until the cracked tires are replaced. So my dilemma is if it is still several more weeks before the rear tires are available should I continue waiting to accept the car with new tires or should I risk driving with the cracked rears (doing 400 miles a week)?

And here are some pictures of course :-)
Attached Images      
Old 03-14-2015, 05:24 PM
ImpatientlyWaiting
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stepheng
Well this is my first posting since I'm new to the forum. My laguna blue Z06 (VIN 3011) Vert A8 stage1 has finally arrived at my courtesy dealer, hooray. It's A8 since I'll be using it as my daily driver (so at least 12k miles per year in the non-winter months here in northern colorado). This is my 4th corvette so far.

Most of the car looks to be in great shape, no dings or scratches, paint looks great (at least to my uneducated eyes). Unfortunately as I expected it has the cold cracks on all four tires. The front tires are getting replaced by my courtesy dealer next Monday but rears are not available (e.g. tire rack says they won't be available until april) so now have to wait to see whether GM is willing to help out somehow. Trouble is GM are saying it's a shipment problem so they may wash their hands of it. But at least while I'm waiting for tires I am getting the entire car wrapped in Xpel which should be done by the end of next week.

I've read that these cracks are "cosmetic" but I've also read the dealer is not meant to release the car until the cracked tires are replaced. So my dilemma is if it is still several more weeks before the rear tires are available should I continue waiting to accept the car with new tires or should I risk driving with the cracked rears (doing 400 miles a week)?

And here are some pictures of course :-)
I ordered a Laguna Blue vert as well (M7 with black rims) but I just got to 2000 so I have a long time to wait :/.

Sorry to hear about the tires! Personally I think they shouldn't be able to sell tires that can't exist in temps below 20 degrees but what can I do.

Are there any similar tires that don't turn into pumpkins at 20?
Old 03-14-2015, 05:34 PM
stepheng
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbjorgol

Are there any similar tires that don't turn into pumpkins at 20?
I'd love to know if there are alternate cold temp tires for NEXT winter (no issue now since the weather here has warmed up nicely). Browsing the forums there was a recommendation of Pirellio Sottozeros (from phantasms I think), but they are not exactly the same sizes as the OEM tires and I also read a comment about the sottozeros that since they were slightly larger diameter the speedo would not be accurate which I don't like the sound of.

But worst case I only get to drive the Z06 8-9 months of the year whi ch is ok with me :-) I do have an insulated garage (not heated) but hopefully that will keep things warm enough in there over winter to not cause tire problems while the car is sitting there for a few months)

Get notified of new replies

To New Z06 Vert A8 laguna blue

Quick Reply: New Z06 Vert A8 laguna blue