C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 2LZ vs. 3LZ Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 03:54 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,675 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Default Z06 2LZ vs. 3LZ Help

I initially started with a 3LT Stingray, however after adding up the mods and aftermarket components, I'm now leaning towards a 2LZ Z06.

Since I like the Jet Black interior with Competition seats, what is the primary difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ in terms of trim quality/feel? I know that the 3LZ has better Nappa leather, however I also read that if you opt for the competition seats, they stay Mulan leather anyway. Also, since the interior would be all Jet Black with no contrasting colors like the red or tan, what is the difference in texture on the dashboard and other trim areas? The NAV is already included in 2LZ correct? Outside of the softer leather, am I really missing out on anything?

The way I have the car configured on the Chevrolet build it site, I'm at $92K retail with 2LZ and a 3LT Stingray is at $79K retail but as mentioned, I have another $5K in planned performance/appearance mods that would not be needed if I go the Z06 route so the cost delta is about $8K based on retail before negotiations.

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:56 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I initially started with a 3LT Stingray, however after adding up the mods and aftermarket components, I'm now leaning towards a 2LZ Z06.

Since I like the Jet Black interior with Competition seats, what is the primary difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ in terms of trim quality/feel? I know that the 3LZ has better Nappa leather, however I also read that if you opt for the competition seats, they stay Mulan leather anyway. Also, since the interior would be all Jet Black with no contrasting colors like the red or tan, what is the difference in texture on the dashboard and other trim areas? The NAV is already included in 2LZ correct? Outside of the softer leather, am I really missing out on anything?

The way I have the car configured on the Chevrolet build it site, I'm at $92K retail with 2LZ and a 3LT Stingray is at $79K retail but as mentioned, I have another $5K in planned performance/appearance mods that would not be needed if I go the Z06 route so the cost delta is about $8K based on retail before negotiations.

Thanks for the feedback.

The NAV/PDR is not included in the 2LZ....it IS in the 3LZ.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:39 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
The NAV/PDR is not included in the 2LZ....it IS in the 3LZ.
Thanks. I thought it was but after going back to the build it Chevy site, it's included as part of the Performance data and video recorder option at $1795.

So basically, is the black leather trim on the 3LZ worth the extra $3415 on a similar equipped 2LZ with NAV/Performance data and video recorder with Competition seats? I read that the Competition seats are not Napa leather regardless of trim, so the $3415 is only for other trim areas.

I know $3.5K off of a $90K car is not much, but the difference could be a stripe package, etc.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Lots of people on the forums will say the leather is not worth it, especially if you're getting a black interior. "Black is black", so it goes. "Who can tell the difference" is another common phrase.

It all depends on how important a "great" interior is to you, and how much superior materials are worth to you.

Myself, I have a 2014 3LT Stingray with a black interior, and the difference between my car and a 2LT is extremely important to me. The quality of the leather is excellent, and there's no way I would go with the vinyl interior. I'm so done with that.

But you should see and touch both interiors yourself in person to find out if that's how you feel.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:56 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Speednet
Lots of people on the forums will say the leather is not worth it, especially if you're getting a black interior. "Black is black", so it goes. "Who can tell the difference" is another common phrase.

It all depends on how important a "great" interior is to you, and how much superior materials are worth to you.

Myself, I have a 2014 3LT Stingray with a black interior, and the difference between my car and a 2LT is extremely important to me. The quality of the leather is excellent, and there's no way I would go with the vinyl interior. I'm so done with that.

But you should see and touch both interiors yourself in person to find out if that's how you feel.
Thanks for the feedback. The decision would be easier for me if the comp seats also had the same Napa leather as the rest of the 3LZ trim.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:59 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Thanks for the feedback.

Your missing you can buy a Stingray at big discount where the Z06
likely would MSRP. The Z06 will hold it's resale value better than the stingray. Buy the Z06.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:02 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Thanks. I thought it was but after going back to the build it Chevy site, it's included as part of the Performance data and video recorder option at $1795.

So basically, is the black leather trim on the 3LZ worth the extra $3415 on a similar equipped 2LZ with NAV/Performance data and video recorder with Competition seats? I read that the Competition seats are not Napa leather regardless of trim, so the $3415 is only for other trim areas.

I know $3.5K off of a $90K car is not much, but the difference could be a stripe package, etc.

That is correct and is why I went with the 2LZ, NAV/PDR and the comp. seats. Saved the $ and can't see any reason why I should spend the extra for some sueded pillars, etc.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:05 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Where is it stated that the 3LZ competition seats have inferior leather than the regular 3LZ seats and not the same leather?
Old 03-28-2015, 06:17 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

In the Order Guide:

Old 03-28-2015, 08:00 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,070 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

The 2LZ has vinyl on the dash and doors.
The 3LZ has leather dash and on the doors

I had a 3LT C7 and liked it so much that I ordered a 3LZ Z06
Old 03-28-2015, 08:17 PM
cmb396
Le Mans Master

Received 333 Likes on 140 Posts
CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran

Get the 2lz and buy some Carravaggio seats, problem solved.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:35 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by cmb396
Get the 2lz and buy some Carravaggio seats, problem solved.
Actually, it's not the Mulan leather on the Competition Seats, rather the lack of leather on the door trim and dash. If it was the other way around, perhaps the Cavaggio seats would be a good idea.

I've been in 3LT Stingrays and the leather trim is very nice.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:39 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

That is correct and is why I went with the 2LZ, NAV/PDR and the comp. seats. Saved the $ and can't see any reason why I should spend the extra for some sueded pillars, etc.
I know they offer a secondary suede package option, but isn't the primary difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ interiors both with Competition Seats is that the dashboard and door panels are Napa leather in the 3LZ and vinyl in the 2LZ?
Old 03-28-2015, 08:50 PM
MIS49
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the feedback.

I just picked up a Z06 3LZ without competition seats and drove it 1100 miles home from the NCM and was quite comfortable in the GT seats. I had considered the competition seats and passed on them because of the leather. I wanted the 3LZ for all the interior upgrades and then did not want to lose some of those upgrades on the leather on the competition seats. However what what I did not know when I made my decision and what I have not seen mentioned on the forum, is that on the GT seats you can adjust the width of the side supports so you can make them closer or more wider apart. If you are getting the competition seats for looks then this feature won't matter but if you are getting them for support this feature might be important if you go with the 3LZ and GT seats so that you get the benefit of the better leather all around.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:17 AM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

I have a 2LZ interior, with competition seats and microfiber inserts. If I had to do it over again, I'd go 3LZ -- the full leather and improved A-pillar trim is truly very attractive and rich looking. Not sure you'd notice the difference between the Mulan and Napa leather on the comp seats.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:50 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MIS49
I just picked up a Z06 3LZ without competition seats and drove it 1100 miles home from the NCM and was quite comfortable in the GT seats. I had considered the competition seats and passed on them because of the leather. I wanted the 3LZ for all the interior upgrades and then did not want to lose some of those upgrades on the leather on the competition seats. However what what I did not know when I made my decision and what I have not seen mentioned on the forum, is that on the GT seats you can adjust the width of the side supports so you can make them closer or more wider apart. If you are getting the competition seats for looks then this feature won't matter but if you are getting them for support this feature might be important if you go with the 3LZ and GT seats so that you get the benefit of the better leather all around.
The comp seats look much better than the Gt seats no contest.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:53 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MIS49
Comp seats should have the same adjustments as the GT on the 2 and 3 lz.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 2LZ vs. 3LZ Help

Old 03-29-2015, 08:46 AM
js59
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speednet

I know not everyone is a fan of it, but I believe the 3lz has the sueded micro upper trim package. I'm a big fan of it. My 2lt does not have this. If I order a Z06, it will have the sueded seat inserts on the competition seats, the matching shifter and steering wheel (only available with comp. seats) and the 3lt sueded upper. Love the feel/look of that stuff . . .
Old 03-29-2015, 09:10 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

I know they offer a secondary suede package option, but isn't the primary difference between the 2LZ and 3LZ interiors both with Competition Seats is that the dashboard and door panels are Napa leather in the 3LZ and vinyl in the 2LZ?

The 2LZ (synthetic) door and dash look the same as the 3LZ (leather)...can't tell the difference. The only visual difference you will notice as I said is the sueded parts. I didn't want the sued in my car.
Those were not worth the +$3600 to me.

Got the 2LZ and very pleased.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 03-29-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:45 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2018 C5 of Year Finalist

The 2LZ (synthetic) door and dash look the same as the 3LZ (leather)...can't tell the difference. The only visual difference you will notice as I said is the sueded parts. I didn't want the sued in my car. Those were not worth the +$3600 to me. Got the 2LZ and very pleased.
Thanks for your feedback, however I'm still confused. If I choose 3LZ, I don't have to get the suede inserts/trim correct? I thought the suede was an option only and that you can order 3LZ in all leather, although the leather on the Competition seats is Mulan and not Napa regardless of the trim.

Nice to know that the synthetic 2LZ matches up so well on the Jet Black.

Quick Reply: Z06 2LZ vs. 3LZ Help