C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Rear Hatch rubbing noise

Old 04-02-2015, 10:52 AM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 728 Likes on 479 Posts

Default Rear Hatch rubbing noise

As I'm driving down the road and hit any type of imperfection, (of which there are lots here), I am getting a large rubbing type noise from what I think is the right rear hatch area. Also, the exhaust seems to be mega loud when the valves open, and I'm hearing a lot of regular road noise; so much so that it can be difficult to listen to the radio.

I'm wondering if my hatch is not sealing tight enough and is moving up and down as I'm driving. Unlike many of you, my hatch closes very easily with both doors closed and the windows up, so this is kind of leading me to think that the hatch needs to be adjusted so that it fastens far tighter.

Is there a link to how to adjust the rear hatch anywhere? I looked in the 'regular' C7 section but couldn't find anything. Maybe I'll just have the dealership do it when I have the 500 mile oil/filter change.

Any help appreciated,
Bish
Old 04-03-2015, 06:00 AM
hootowlc7
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Most likely the removable roof.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

If your rear hatch closes easily you must have an air leak someplace, because the hatch is not easy for anyone else. It almost sounds like your seal is not right or something.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:06 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
If your rear hatch closes easily you must have an air leak someplace, because the hatch is not easy for anyone else. It almost sounds like your seal is not right or something.
That's exactly what I'm thinking as it is definitely coming from the rear hatch area, not above my head from the roof, (although it does creak a little which I also need to deal with).

Bish
Old 04-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Milzy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought, there are 2 catch positions for the latch, the first one catches easily the second requires quite a bit of force even with a door open. Are you sure you are catching the second one. Sounds to me like you are only catching the first one. If you are sure you are catching the second one then something is definitely out of place.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:52 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Milzy
Just a thought, there are 2 catch positions for the latch, the first one catches easily the second requires quite a bit of force even with a door open. Are you sure you are catching the second one. Sounds to me like you are only catching the first one. If you are sure you are catching the second one then something is definitely out of place.
Did not know this. Will try it out and let you know ASAP. Thanks.

No, definitely always on the second latch position.

Bish

Last edited by thebishman; 04-04-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Hatch rubbing noise

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Hatch rubbing noise