C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Need to know differences between Z06/FE6 vs Z51/FE4

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 12:07 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 163 Posts

Default Need to know differences between Z06/FE6 vs Z51/FE4

I have a 2015 Z51/3LT with the FE4 suspension and would like to know the following.
Putting the 650 HP aside, is there a LOT of difference handling wise between a Z06 with the FE6 suspension which includes MRC, and my Z51 with the FE4 MRC suspension.
I am thinking on ordering a 2016 Z06 (2LZ or 3LZ) but if in doing so my handling is the same or less, then I need to rethink my decision.
Please make a comment if you really know the differences.
Also and this is a different subject, what is the difference between a Z06/2LZ with the Navigation/PDR option add it and a Z06/3LZ.
For the above there is about 3K + when configure but the difference in interior or other options is not clear.
On my Z51 3LT is obvious but not here on the Z06.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by St!ngray; 04-15-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:35 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by St!ngray
I have a 2015 Z51/3LT with the FE4 suspension and would like to know the following.
Putting the 650 HP aside, is there a LOT of difference handling wise between a Z06 with the FE6 suspension which includes MRC, and my Z51 with the FE4 MRC suspension.
I am thinking on ordering a 2016 Z06 (2LZ or 3LZ) but if in doing so my handling is the same or less, then I need to rethink my decision.
Please make a comment if you really know the differences.
Also and this is a different subject, what is the difference between a Z06/2LZ with the Navigation/PDR option add it and a Z06/3LZ.
For the above there is about 3K + when configure but the difference in interior or other options is not clear.
On my Z51 3LT is obvious but not here on the Z06.
Thanks in advance.
The FE6 is like your FE4 on steroids. More G capability, stiffer ride, and if you get the Z07, super sticky tires.

As for the interior, other than a slightly different distribution of colored leather, the 3LZ and 3LT are identical in options and leather quality. My wife has a 3LT vert and I have a 3LZ coupe, and except for the suede option on hers, the feel and quality is the same.

Now if you are planning on competition seats, I would get the 2LZ, as the comp seats don't get the upgraded leather with the 3LZ interior.

Last edited by fdxpilot; 04-15-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:17 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
The FE6 is like your FE4 on steroids. More G capability, stiffer ride, and if you get the Z07, super sticky tires.

As for the interior, other than a slightly different distribution of colored leather, the 3LZ and 3LT are identical in options and leather quality. My wife has a 3LT vert and I have a 3LZ coupe, and except for the suede option on hers, the feel and quality is the same.

Now if you are planning on competition seats, I would get the 2LZ, as the comp seats don't get the upgraded leather with the 3LZ interior.
fdxpilot,
Thank you for the info on the FE6 vs FE4.
On the interior my questions was more towards the difference between the 3LZ and the 2LZ after adding the Navigation/PDR option.
I know the IWE suede options for the top and pillars is missing on the 2LZ, but if that is all the difference between them, then unless the 2016 brings the Kalahari interior option like the 3LT on my 2015, I will save the $3500 + and go with the 2LZ with NAV/PDR.

Get notified of new replies

To Need to know differences between Z06/FE6 vs Z51/FE4

Quick Reply: Need to know differences between Z06/FE6 vs Z51/FE4