C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Aero Packages

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Aero Packages

I'm a little confused. I hear about Stage 1 and Stage 2 aero packages but don't see anything when ordering the car. My dealer says the only option is carbon flash or exposed carbon fiber.
If I get carbon flash, is it the exact same spoiler and splitter as the carbon for one except for color?
I know I've seen pictures of a splitter that just looks very generic and does not follow the contours of the front fascia. Same with the rear spoiler. Some have the clear section in the middle and look much more aggressive that the other one.
Is it a different splitter and rear spoiler if you order Z07?

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 05-03-2015, 04:07 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

If you do not order and kit, car comes stage 1.
If you order a kit it comes stage 2.
Order z07 package comes stage 3.
When ordering, you may choose carbon flash or carbon exposed.

Shown in the link are the different stages.
Stage 2 and 3 appear to be Carbon flash painted which is believed to be a composite material. there is also carbon fiber exposed which is the front splitter and side skirts only from OEM. Others have exposed rear available.

http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=22795

Hope this helped

Last edited by jaden61; 05-03-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:37 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@AandASuperchargers
I'm a little confused. I hear about Stage 1 and Stage 2 aero packages but don't see anything when ordering the car. My dealer says the only option is carbon flash or exposed carbon fiber.
If I get carbon flash, is it the exact same spoiler and splitter as the carbon for one except for color?
I know I've seen pictures of a splitter that just looks very generic and does not follow the contours of the front fascia. Same with the rear spoiler. Some have the clear section in the middle and look much more aggressive that the other one.
Is it a different splitter and rear spoiler if you order Z07?
Stage 1: Base Z06. Small "generic" splitter and standard rear spoiler.

Stage 2: Either RPO code CFZ (painted) or CFV (exposed) -- which include carbon fiber side skirts and carbon fiber front spoiler, with spoiler winglets. Both packages also include painted taller side wickerbills on rear spoiler. Painted parts are painted in Carbon Flash. Exposed parts are clearcoated.

Stage 3: the Z07 aero package, which requires either CFV or CFZ as a prerequisite, and consists of a smoked center wickerbill and larger spoiler winglets, plus the Stage 2 components.

Yes, CFZ is identical to CFV except that the carbon fiber spoiler and skirts have cosmetic blemishes that are covered by paint the same color as the spoiler.

Last edited by CaryBob; 05-03-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

So as long as I order Z07, I'm getting the most aggressive aero package available, whether it be black or CF. Great. I just wanted to make sure.
I'll go with the Carbon Flash because I just know I'm going to tear it up sooner or later.
I had an '11 CFZ Z06 and I had to repair the splitter more than once.
Hopefully the new front cameras on the '16 will help.
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:13 AM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Andy@AandASuperchargers
So as long as I order Z07, I'm getting the most aggressive aero package available, whether it be black or CF. Great. I just wanted to make sure.
I'll go with the Carbon Flash because I just know I'm going to tear it up sooner or later.
I had an '11 CFZ Z06 and I had to repair the splitter more than once.
Hopefully the new front cameras on the '16 will help.
Thanks!
You can upgrade the aero to stage 3 on any car.
The z07 has 40% stiffer suspension, Carbon ceramic brakes, and cup 2 tires. Some do not like the expense of pad replacements for the carbon ceramic. $900 vs $300 for front and rear. Haven't heard any complaints on suspension stiffness

Get notified of new replies

To Aero Packages

Quick Reply: Aero Packages