C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Dealer recommendation for 2016 allocation

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Karanx7
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dealer recommendation for 2016 allocation

I'm looking to place an order for a 2016 Z06, and am looking at the top 4 Corvette dealers: Kerbeck, Mac Mulkin, Les Stanford, and Criswell.

From the forum reviews, I have no doubt that all four of these dealers will be a pleasure to work with. However, I am a little worried about potential constraints.

I want to get the exposed carbon roof, and the exposed carbon hood. I'm guessing the hood will be a serious constraint when GM starts taking orders.

Which dealer will be most likely to have an allocation for this? Should the top dealer by sales number (Kerbeck) be most likely to have the available allocation?

Thanks for any advice. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the allocation vs constraint thing.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:43 PM
TON C7S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Kerbeck they are the number 1 dealer for corvettes.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:08 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

Don't know where you live, but try Paul Masse Chevrolet in East Providence, RI -- contact Paul Dragich there. They have a very healthy allocation. And great folks. Were able to get my 2015 Z06 with no issues.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:21 AM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

I don't believe the constraint follow a preferred dealer, it is by when parts are available to fulfill a particular order, then it is picked up and sequenced in an ordered first come first serve basis.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:24 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Wes @ Reliable he is great to deal with
Old 05-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Karanx7
Racer

Originally Posted by jaden61
I don't believe the constraint follow a preferred dealer, it is by when parts are available to fulfill a particular order, then it is picked up and sequenced in an ordered first come first serve basis.
I thought that if the dealer has more allocation, he is more likely to get a constraint pushed through.

For example, if I order at a dealer with only 1 allocation, then there's almost no chance of getting all the constraints through.

That's why I figured if you have a lot of allocations, you have a higher chance of getting them all pushed through. Is this right?
Old 05-05-2015, 01:30 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Karanx7
I'm looking to place an order for a 2016 Z06, and am looking at the top 4 Corvette dealers: Kerbeck, Mac Mulkin, Les Stanford, and Criswell.

From the forum reviews, I have no doubt that all four of these dealers will be a pleasure to work with. However, I am a little worried about potential constraints.

I want to get the exposed carbon roof, and the exposed carbon hood. I'm guessing the hood will be a serious constraint when GM starts taking orders.

Which dealer will be most likely to have an allocation for this? Should the top dealer by sales number (Kerbeck) be most likely to have the available allocation?

Thanks for any advice. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the allocation vs constraint thing.
Hendrick hands down! They have the fastest cars!
Old 05-05-2015, 08:19 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Karanx7
I thought that if the dealer has more allocation, he is more likely to get a constraint pushed through.

For example, if I order at a dealer with only 1 allocation, then there's almost no chance of getting all the constraints through.

That's why I figured if you have a lot of allocations, you have a higher chance of getting them all pushed through. Is this right?
preorder lists and constraints as well as GM's distribution plays into all this, but we have a huge allocation too and I thank so many that have pre-ordered already....Z07's expect small delays ,but not all Z07's can be placed right away as GM cannot produce them as quickly as we all would like...

NON Z07, we should be able to assist you...we got over 100 in 2015!

Thank-you

EMAIL ME
RickConti@Coughlincars.com

Old 05-05-2015, 08:54 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

GM needs to dump this stupid "allocation" BS. Why not let the entire network of dealers sell Corvettes when buyers present themselves. The manufacturer may find that they can sell more units without the current, archaic, "allotment" protocol that has hindered sales for decades. Its not like GM's management has used the best judgement over the years now has it. Time for a change.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:51 AM
BobSWFL
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick Conti at Coughlin. He has plenty of allocation and the best personal service. Rick is deep into the Corvette culture, always has been. He was the first dealer to be quoted here re. new features/options for 2016.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Jadin61 is absolutely correct. Constraints are due to supply issues.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Krasch Design
Advanced

I thought it worked like this:
Dealer gets xxx total allocations.
These are divided up into different consensus periods.
If your number is next on the list, but your option is on constraint then you either get bumped on the list or drop the constrained option. This is how I understood it. And explains why my car took so long, even though I was early on the list.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Krasch Design
If your number is next on the list, but your option is on constraint then you either get bumped on the list or drop the constrained option. This is how I understood it. And explains why my car took so long, even though I was early on the list.
partly true, but all math and percentages based on the suppliers availability....
Old 05-06-2015, 08:30 AM
lgsdds
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
partly true, but all math and percentages based on the suppliers availability....
I cast my vote for Rick Conti. He had my order placed with GM which included highly constrained items like exposed carbon fiber ground effects and ZO7 with an actual order number while the others just had me on a waiting list not even sure what the allocations would be at the time 'my number came up'.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:41 AM
VetterFlyer
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Krasch Design
I bought my full optioned Z06/7 with A8 and ordered it the first week that GM could take orders for the A8 and it was my second car I bought from Les Standord. Scott and Kevin were real professionals. When I ordered they said the car would be built in 4 wks and within days I got the confirmation. At the same time Conti was talking restraints, and Kerbeck said they couldn't do a car for Oregon. I changed the options and added the Engine Build which delayed the car build but I was kept completely informed.
PM me for more information if you want.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Krasch Design
Advanced

Originally Posted by VetterFlyer
I bought my full optioned Z06/7 with A8 and ordered it the first week that GM could take orders for the A8 and it was my second car I bought from Les Standord. Scott and Kevin were real professionals. When I ordered they said the car would be built in 4 wks and within days I got the confirmation. At the same time Conti was talking restraints, and Kerbeck said they couldn't do a car for Oregon. I changed the options and added the Engine Build which delayed the car build but I was kept completely informed.
PM me for more information if you want.
Well I was Less Stanford also.
And #52 on the early list.
This was my 1st Covette from them. I really think it's a matter of timing too. With a large dealer your odds are best to get what you want. My experience was great. In December said I'd like to have a car by 5/1
Took delivery on 4/30
Old 05-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,140 Posts

I'm guessing at this point no one can predict constraints. The carbon fiber dash option held the initial 14s up for months. Same with the Z51 package. No dealer knows more then GM or their suppliers when it comes to lack of certain parts.

I will offer this...... the dealer I use has discounted Zs from day one. In fact he discounts all his new Corvettes. He's not a big Corvette dealer, I don't know what he can do for you and probably can't work the allocation magic of a Les Stanford who does a great job.

But if you want to give him a call and see if he can meet your needs and get a good discount.... PM me as he is not a forum dealer and I will give you his contact information.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer recommendation for 2016 allocation

Old 05-31-2015, 02:51 PM
Karanx7
Racer

RickConti seemed like a good salesman, so I tried to contact him. I left him a voicemail, an email, and a PM with no reply. He seemed genuine and I'm sure he's busy, but I don't want to wait a week every time I need to contact him.

I guess I'll try Les Stanford.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:31 PM
rrm
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
preorder lists and constraints as well as GM's distribution plays into all this, but we have a huge allocation too and I thank so many that have pre-ordered already....Z07's expect small delays ,but not all Z07's can be placed right away as GM cannot produce them as quickly as we all would like...

NON Z07, we should be able to assist you...we got over 100 in 2015!

Thank-you

EMAIL ME
RickConti@Coughlincars.com

Rick I have a question for you. Actually two. First I am torn between getting a aw zo6 or the new yellow. Have you seen what the 3lz black with yellow stitching looks like and if so can you tell me where I might see it?
If you were to order a 2lz red interior how,if any does that differ from the 2015 configuration and does it come with red stitching?...rrm
Old 05-31-2015, 05:50 PM
tractorguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 13 from Rick Conti and would buy another from him in a minute. First class. However I would also say don't overlook smaller dealers. I have a country dealer in Arkansas that got one allocation for a 15. He promised it to me as wife and I have been very loyal customers. He was able to work his way through the system, order it exactly like we wanted it and we never had any more than a hand shake agreement. Car came in exactly when he told me it would and he made us a killer deal trading the 13. There are lots of ways to skin a cat.

Quick Reply: Dealer recommendation for 2016 allocation