C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Do not believe everything read about the C7 Z06

Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 AM
BTCorvette
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Do not believe everything read about the C7 Z06

I have been hearing and reading so much negative press about the New C7Z06, from the over heating, blow engine, paint defects, transmission problems... You name it. However I am pretty sure some of the problems that members have listed are legit.
and there are others I really feel
are just making noise ... To bad mouth car.... I don't expect GM to make a perfect car due to the fact it was made by humans who will make mistakes... But to hear and read some of the comments it looks like nothing more than someone is just bad mouthing the car.... I almost did not order my new C7 Z06, due to the bad comments about the car... but as I look back now ... I am so glad I did not listen nor take as the gospel truth... about the negative comments I have read about C7Z06..., I picked up my New C7 Z06 on 04/21/2015,
I have just now put about 1200 miles on it and I will tell you it is truly a fantastic Car this is my 8th Corvette in my life time and I can truly say this is by far the Best Corvette I have ever own 😃 here's the FACTS:

1. The only front engine two wheel rear wheel drive sport car that under $100,000 dollar that goes 0-60 less than 3 seconds

2. The only 650 HP car that if you drive it conservative it will give you 18 to 20 mile per gallon city and 28 to 29 highway Wow

3. It looks and drives like a million dollars it's a thrill every time I drive it.

I am so glad a got this car
sure it not perfect ... But what car is .... 😎
Old 05-22-2015, 05:45 AM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

My only worry for now is the overheating issue potential impact when we will be in summer hot days and stuck in traffic!
Wait and see...

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-25-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: No need to quote the OP, especially when you're the next poster.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:19 AM
BTCorvette
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I completely understand your concerns I live in Houston Tx. Where we are already have 85 to 90 temp. I have not had any over heating issues with the engine or A8 transmission .. I will soon be taking the car to track once I have reach 1500, I will then post my experience .. 😎
Old 05-22-2015, 06:53 AM
Yale
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too live in Houston and I've been beating on mine and overheating has never been nor will be an issue , the only overheating issues that are going to potentially occur is when your in a competetion type enviroment ( tracking the car ) and even then it's not for sure it's going to happen, I plan on tracking this car and i'm not the least bit concerned about it.

keep in mind most of the F*****G haters on here don't even own these cars and all they do is repeat what the read, I love mine and i'm super glad I bought it despite what all the little trolls and haters say , is the paint perfect , not really , has it overheated on me , no , could the motor blow up ? who the F*** knows but if it does they'll fix it just like they did with all the GT3's that had bad motors and just think those guys all got to pay $175,000.00 for that little treasure
Old 05-22-2015, 07:05 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,580 Posts

I have had my Z06 for one month and have driven it 1800 miles. This is my 5th Corvette and is the best one yet. The only trouble I have had was with my first one and I fixed that problem with a battery tender. These cars are bullet proof if you dont beat the hell out of them and keep up with the maintenance.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:21 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

3200 miles on mine. Had it since Dec 5th. Tracked it all day in hot & humid FL last weekend. No issues. Will track it 2 more times this month. Already changed fluids including oil/filter 2x, differential, and hitemp brake fluid. Maintain it well and drive smart but if a prob pops up then I'll adress it. What a fun car!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:47 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Yale
I too live in Houston and I've been beating on mine and overheating has never been nor will be an issue , the only overheating issues that are going to potentially occur is when your in a competetion type enviroment ( tracking the car ) and even then it's not for sure it's going to happen, I plan on tracking this car and i'm not the least bit concerned about it.

keep in mind most of the F*****G haters on here don't even own these cars and all they do is repeat what the read, I love mine and i'm super glad I bought it despite what all the little trolls and haters say , is the paint perfect , not really , has it overheated on me , no , could the motor blow up ? who the F*** knows but if it does they'll fix it just like they did with all the GT3's that had bad motors and just think those guys all got to pay $175,000.00 for that little treasure
Exactly. We all know that this C7 Z06 is a Porsche lovers worst nightmare come true. They just can't deal with the looks and astounding performance of this Z06. Their hot rod Punch Buggys are lookin bloated and wear some utterly ridiculous price tags.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Dethred
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by drmustang
Exactly. We all know that this C7 Z06 is a Porsche lovers worst nightmare come true. They just can't deal with the looks and astounding performance of this Z06. Their hot rod Punch Buggys are lookin bloated and wear some utterly ridiculous price tags.
Wow. A thread about trolls and there's this gem.

Funny I don't see a bunch of used Porsches sitting at Chevrolet lots. Considering one could trade in a base 911S for a well equipped C7Z, based on your comment I'd imagine there'd be lots of used Porsches sitting around unwanted. Interesting that.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:18 PM
2006Z06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dethred
Wow. A thread about trolls and there's this gem.

Funny I don't see a bunch of used Porsches sitting at Chevrolet lots. Considering one could trade in a base 911S for a well equipped C7Z, based on your comment I'd imagine there'd be lots of used Porsches sitting around unwanted. Interesting that.
Because most Porsche owners would never want to be seen in a Vette, regardless of performance. I know. I have had about 30 new Porsches, and when I talk to my friends with Porsches, they all are in awe of the performance of my Z, but they still would never buy one for the above reason. Its a snob and status thing. They will buy a Mercedes SL and putt around town at 30 mph happily though.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Dethred
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006Z06
Because most Porsche owners would never want to be seen in a Vette, regardless of performance. I know. I have had about 30 new Porsches, and when I talk to my friends with Porsches, they all are in awe of the performance of my Z, but they still would never buy one for the above reason. Its a snob and status thing. They will buy a Mercedes SL and putt around town at 30 mph happily though.
I wouldn't argue that one bit. Different buyers like different cars with different purposes. The post I quoted was saying that somehow the C7Z is a Porsche owner's "worst nightmare", but reality suggests they couldn't care less about the car.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:35 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Yeah right!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Solo40oz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Yale

Originally Posted by C7_Z06
3200 miles on mine. Had it since Dec 5th. Tracked it all day in hot & humid FL last weekend. No issues. Will track it 2 more times this month. Already changed fluids including oil/filter 2x, differential, and hitemp brake fluid. Maintain it well and drive smart but if a prob pops up then I'll adress it. What a fun car!
I'm interested in seeing this, because I'm one of the potential future buyers that is on hold right now due to possible heat issues. I live in Austin and it's common to do track days in 90+ and even 100+ temps. What type of oil and water temps have you guys been seeing?
Old 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Mu$cle
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts

I just spent two days in a Z06 at Spring Mountain - no issues!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:59 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

Best little hotrod I have ever owned and I have had many of them!!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I just hit 171 miles on my car today and I LOVE IT. Just got back from the dealership today and they put on my "Corsa X-Pipe". I love that too!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:32 PM
emericr
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Funny comments "best corvette I've ever owned". Sorry to bust your bubble but it'd better be if all you are doing is comparing it to previous vette generations.
I am not saying the car is not great but GM has sold us a bill of goods that ends up not being entirely true. As a track car, the C6Z06 is arguably a better car in the fact that it will not have issues overheating.
It is pretty easy to decipher the haters and the guys that come here and give us fair comments about the good the bad and the ugly. That's what a forum is all about.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:04 PM
nhpln
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mu$cle
I just spent two days in a Z06 at Spring Mountain - no issues!
Were your lap times comparable to the instructors'? Did you ask the instructors if they've had overheating issues when running at their pace for > 10 minutes?

Get notified of new replies

To Do not believe everything read about the C7 Z06

Old 05-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,911 Likes on 5,325 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastmikefree

My only worry for now is the overheating issue potential impact when we will be in summer hot days and stuck in traffic!
Wait and see...
Not really an issue. The over heating is occurring on the track where a hell of a lot more heat is being produced than sitting still in traffic with the AC blowing hard. Just like in any other modern Corvette you can do that all day with no issues. In traffic the engine is making well less than 100 HP to creep a little at a time. On track it is producing 500 to 650 HP for long periods of time. The waste heat from that much power is several orders of magnitude larger than the waste heat from double digit HP levels.

Bill
Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I'm glad for you, OP. You still have the option to decide for yourself. But the six or ten guys who said their cars were fine, just about equals the six or ten guys who said their car had overheating issues. Neither one side nor the other's issues/non-issues are negated by the other's. The issue is still there, but not for every car coming off the assembly line.

Thank goodness!
Old 05-22-2015, 09:27 PM
mesospeedy
Racer

That may be true, they are obviously Porsche guys, not car guys. Just like it seems a hell of a lot of people here are strictly Corvette guys. Nothing wrong with being brand/car loyal, but not everyone is like that. The ones who buy a Porsche simply because of the name suck and don't deserve such a great car. Same for Ferrari, Aston, etc. But there are some who do drive the s**t out of them and just truly like the car for what it is. Can't bad mouth those guys. And certainly can't bad mouth a car because the owner is a douche, haha. That logic is why people think we're all overweight, middle aged, gold chain wearing idiots

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do not believe everything read about the C7 Z06