C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Anyway to keep exhaust closed

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:08 AM
hardhattg
ZR1TG
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 85 Posts

Default Anyway to keep exhaust closed

I know this isn't going to be a popular thing to do on this forum but I have never liked the sound of this car during partial to moderate throttle. I really don't like it. I loved the way my Zr 1 sounded but not this one. It's ok outside the car and ok under full throttle but I find myself switching to E driving mode ( exhausts opens the latest in that mode ) but car switched between 4&8 cylinders . Just to keep exhaust from opening as much as possible

I think the 50s/60s like sound actually makes the car feel slower then it really is.

Question is ; is there a way to have a switch that either opens or closes exhaust like we had installed on c6 z cars. There are times where I want it loud for sure but lots of the time I would like to keep the other two pipes from opening up at all .
Is this possible ?
Old 05-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you tried setting your Engine Sound Management to Stealth? You do that with the car running via your Infotainment system in the "Settings" then "Vehicle" selections I believe. Try it and see if that helps, I know the exhaust will still open at some point, but I think this is the most baffled option.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:14 AM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Shysterman69
Have you tried setting your Engine Sound Management to Stealth? You do that with the car running via your Infotainment system in the "Settings" then "Vehicle" selections I believe. Try it and see if that helps, I know the exhaust will still open at some point, but I think this is the most baffled option.

Hope this helps!
This will keep the car quiet until you bring it over 3500 rpm's. Once you hit 3500, you'll open the exhaust.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:30 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,072 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I keep mine silent by keeping the rpm's under 3500.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:17 AM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

You could buy a VW😄

Get notified of new replies

To Anyway to keep exhaust closed

Quick Reply: Anyway to keep exhaust closed