C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 08:18 PM
AustinZ07
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z06 Shipping

As many of you may have experienced, finding the perfect Z06 is a pain at most local dealerships: markups, low stock, little knowledge of the product, unknown allotment amounts etc... So you may have searched elsewhere as I did. Bought my Z06 from Duluth and it ships out tomorrow, roughly 1200 miles. Anyone else do this? Couldn't find the time to drive it back like a true fanatic I know so I have to suffer the wait. Those of you that did, was it a pleasant experience? How long did it take? Did your baby get to you in good shape?
Cheers
Old 05-27-2015, 08:26 PM
tones_Z
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I did this once.
Bought my Roush out of Indiana and I live in MA. Was delivered to my home and all was well. I'd do it again if I had to.
(Enclosed shipped, of course. I didn't want to take any chances on an open trailer in case the driver made a pit stop at night and leaving the car unattended wasn't piece of mind. Go with enclosed shipping. It's worth it.)
Congrats and good luck!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:37 PM
JDC PDX
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I did exactly the same. Found the perfect car in GA and shipped it to Portland, OR.

The shipping company was difficult to get a hold of, and communication was certainly not their strong suit, but the car arrived in good shape. Just filthy.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:08 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Mine shipped from Duluth to Sacramento . Went in on the bottom on a Wednesday, came out on top on a Sunday. Thank you Plycar!
I know it was a different trailer for sure as the 1st pic has a wired remote for the lift gate, when car arrived the driver had a wireless remote to operate the lift gate.
Attached Images   

Last edited by jaden61; 05-27-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:38 PM
UltimateVette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinZ07
As many of you may have experienced, finding the perfect Z06 is a pain at most local dealerships: markups, low stock, little knowledge of the product, unknown allotment amounts etc... So you may have searched elsewhere as I did. Bought my Z06 from Duluth and it ships out tomorrow, roughly 1200 miles. Anyone else do this? Couldn't find the time to drive it back like a true fanatic I know so I have to suffer the wait. Those of you that did, was it a pleasant experience? How long did it take? Did your baby get to you in good shape?
Cheers
I always buy out of state to be able to get the best price and choice. I use an enclosed carrier and have shipped from Florida, Missouri, and Virginia to CT. I would suggest you have it shipped to your local Corvette shop for two good reasons:
1. You don't have to wait around your house all day for them to show up. They'll deliver to your shop during normal business hours.
2. Your corvette mechanic can inspect it once it comes off the truck for any damage. That happened once to me when a bottom tie-down strap underneath the car vibrated during transport causing some fiberglass and paint damage. If you didn't look underneath the car, you would have never known. My mechanic immediately told the driver, took pictures of the damage, and sent them to the transport company. They paid for the car to be repaired.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Shipping

Quick Reply: Z06 Shipping