C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Ouch went the Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Movie Muscle
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Ouch went the Z06

Sad day at the track for this gentleman....

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/how-i-...ero-1706925749

On a side note regarding the owners comment " That use to be in the trunk lol". One of the biggest issues is/can be loose objects in a car. The favorite water bottle of today's crowd be it plastic or metal is an issue. You wouldn't think a little old bottle of water could be a problem (or any other beverage container) ....Well it can. Even during spirited driving a water bottle can go astray. You will experience quite a shock if a loose water bottle finds it's way under your brake pedal at the wrong moment. If you're lucky it's just a startling experience...if not....On set we are taught to check our cars for objects and water bottles. Even looking under the seats. Under hard driving conditions a bottle somebody else left in a car can roll out. Ending up under a brake pedal or interfering with foot movement etc. Even just the mental distraction of the bottle hitting your feet in non threatening way can cause you to lose focus. That split second can be enough for things to go wrong. Not to mention what happened in this track situation. Any object in a car that is not properly secured becomes a projectile in the event of an accident. As many of the experienced guys on here know I'm sure.

Last edited by Movie Muscle; 05-27-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

That was a good read but how sad for the car. At least the owner didn't seem to be too traumatized.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:14 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Too many guys explore their first track days in a car like this. It's easy to feel fast when you have a monster to make up for mistakes. Doing track days in a Miata will teach you something...how to not bleed speed, how to carry corners, how to be smooth, etc. You have a gross horsepower car, they make you sloppy and still turn a respectable time than most...hell, you're passin people like they suck at life. Love seein guys out there, but it's a lot of car.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Rapidrezults
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at this event, and held out of my first two sessions because of the wet conditions. In his defense, I believe this happened in one of these two morning sessions. It was a very sad sight to see, and made me rethink my level of aggressiveness all day.

RIP Red Z06

Get notified of new replies

To Ouch went the Z06

Quick Reply: Ouch went the Z06