C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Delivery today...any suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 08:40 AM
peace22u
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Delivery today...any suggestions??

Hello O' Wise ones...
We are taking delivery today!!! WOOHOO! While I have the checklist to have my husband go over before taking delivery, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any other tidbits of advice you have for a first time, brand new Z06 buyer!

AM BEYOND EXCITED!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:47 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Congratulations!!!! Get ready for the " perma grin ". Does your Z have the Z07 package? Also which trans? The more details that you can give us, the better we can help you.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:56 AM
URBAN LEGEND
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd say as any other car: if it ain't yo your standards do sign anything. Ask to inspect prior to signing.

Don't go in there hungry either.

Inspect and re inspect.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:59 AM
peace22u
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Congratulations!!!! Get ready for the " perma grin ". Does your Z have the Z07 package? Also which trans? The more details that you can give us, the better we can help you.
Z06, A8, 3LZ, no Z07 package. VY with AR interior!! It's beautiful! We went on the Buyer's tour and loved it! I cried actually. I'm sure Pete thought it was going to be a LONG two days...but I didn't cry the whole time, just right at first when I saw it coming down the conveyor from up above. It was spectacular!!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:00 AM
peace22u
Intermediate

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND
I'd say as any other car: if it ain't yo your standards do sign anything. Ask to inspect prior to signing.

Don't go in there hungry either.

Inspect and re inspect.
I'm curious about test driving it before we hand over the check. I've been trying to research it on the forum but it seems to be hit or miss. Any thoughts?
Old 05-29-2015, 09:02 AM
markiemark
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats and please post pictures of that beauty!!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:05 AM
stevestig
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

First off congrats. I picked mine up about 2 months ago, and everything was fine. Here are a few suggestions based on things i've read in the forum:

I'd suggest all your normal paint and fitment checks. Run the car and look/listen.

1. Ask them to verify the fluid level for the rear diff. This was required last year in PDI for some C7's, but i don't believe its required now. There have been a few that are delivered low -- and you can't check it yourself easily.

2. Check the bottom of the rocker panels on each side (below the doors) and make sure no damage from transport. Thats a hard to see area and very hard to repair.

3. Playtest the electronics. NAV work? Radio screen goes up and down ok? All the electronic gauges seem to work?

4. ENJOY!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:54 AM
GETAGUN
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Drive it like you stole it!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by peace22u
Z06, A8, 3LZ, no Z07 package. VY with AR interior!! It's beautiful! We went on the Buyer's tour and loved it! I cried actually. I'm sure Pete thought it was going to be a LONG two days...but I didn't cry the whole time, just right at first when I saw it coming down the conveyor from up above. It was spectacular!!
Ok, sounds good. With no Z07 you don't have to worry about the tires. Few things are as exciting as taking delivery of a new car, just enjoy it.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:16 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Hello O' Wise ones...
We are taking delivery today!!! WOOHOO! While I have the checklist to have my husband go over before taking delivery, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any other tidbits of advice you have for a first time, brand new Z06 buyer!

AM BEYOND EXCITED!!!

DRIVE IT!!!!!!!!..........

Congrats and enjoy!!!........
Old 05-29-2015, 10:28 AM
peace22u
Intermediate

Originally Posted by svtkeith
DRIVE IT!!!!!!!!..........

Congrats and enjoy!!!........
Oh, we DO plan to DRIVE it!! A friend of my husband's keeps his in storage. We just can't do that. This car is our "live life while we can" car. Too many things have happened in our life so we're not waiting around til retirement to live it up. It will be driven all over this great land of ours!!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:33 AM
GForensic
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh, we DO plan to DRIVE it!! A friend of my husband's keeps his in storage. We just can't do that. This car is our "live life while we can" car. Too many things have happened in our life so we're not waiting around til retirement to live it up. It will be driven all over this great land of ours!!

We have a winner! As much as I'll keep the miles low as much as possible on my future Z you guys have the right attitude! Enjoy your car and best of luck. And of course post pictures!

Old 05-29-2015, 01:10 PM
URBAN LEGEND
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Where are the pictures?
Old 05-29-2015, 01:12 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Enjoy it! Make sure you have a WIDE open area both front and rear, but also on the sides, when you first open it up. These cars are quick and if you're not used to the power, things can get really hairy, really quick.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

If you can, and are planning on putting clear bra on the rear brake scoops, cover them with something to protect them. elegant1 has suggested using electrical tape on those leading edges because it blends in and protects them from chips. Those carbon flash painted scoops are very susceptible to damage.
S.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:54 PM
DanTex
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Enjoy it! Make sure you have a WIDE open area both front and rear, but also on the sides, when you first open it up. These cars are quick and if you're not used to the power, things can get really hairy, really quick.
x2 .. the first time I punched mine it almost punched me back! I have learned to feather the throttle. You don't have to worry about that for about 500 miles.. have fun!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DanTex
x2 .. the first time I punched mine it almost punched me back! I have learned to feather the throttle. You don't have to worry about that for about 500 miles.. have fun!
Yes, be careful with the throttle! This car is insanely powerful and an instant throttle will get you out of control and crosswise in traffic, not to mention buried in someone else's fender. Easy does it.

Get notified of new replies

To Delivery today...any suggestions??

Quick Reply: Delivery today...any suggestions??