C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 ZO6 Engine Time Reading

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:27 AM
bradsvette57
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts
Default C7 ZO6 Engine Time Reading

Hello gents. I just bought a new shark gray ZO6 off of the showroom floor. As the owner of the dealership and I were looking through the drivers information center, if it's still called that, we came across a page that showed the engine having 1.2 HOURS already on it. The car showed 4 miles on the odometer.

What I'm wondering is if that amount of engine time, which seems excessive to me, is a typical amount of time that would already be registered on the meter? I talked to a mechanic friend of mine who is a Forum member and with whom I used to race against in SCCA and NASA. He has a C7 Z51 and a C6 ZR1 and he said it could be that the engine failed an initial inspection or two and had to be rechecked. He said that he watched one of his prior Corvettes come down the assembly line at Bowling Green and the motor failed one of the initial inspections and had to be re-tweaked. The car then passed and was fine.

My other theory is that my car sat stationary with the engine running while they were executing the loading process on to the car hauler for it's trip to the dealership. I've seen cars loaded on to a big hauler and it's a pretty dicey operation, especially if the car is on the top section and in the front. It takes a while to drive it up to that position. Is there another possibility I haven't thought of?

I'm not hugely concerned, and of the two possibilities I mentioned, I think I'd prefer the failing engine inspection theory due to the fact that they fixed whatever the problem was and got it to pass. Are their any other new owners out there in Cyber-land who took note of their engine time reading and would care to post it, and any facts or theories concerning just what the reading would typically read? Thanks in advance...
Old 06-11-2015, 10:41 AM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

You are worrying about nothing sir...enjoy that new z06.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:47 AM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
You are worrying about nothing sir...enjoy that new z06.
not a concern. being showroom car, they need to start it to show it off as they did for you. Needs to be running to scroll through some of the infotainment settings also. It is under warranty. I have 2782 miles and mine shows 120 hours. You will be similar too after you drive for a while.
Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2015, 11:53 AM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

You can also divide the lifetime rpm by hours run divided by 60 minutes per hour to reach actual average rpm. Mine equates to 1143 rpm. However at 13 mpg, I am not idling around town. So all those concerns are exactly that, irrelevant.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:11 PM
bradsvette57
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the responses!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ZO6 Engine Time Reading

Quick Reply: C7 ZO6 Engine Time Reading