C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

PDR and raw files

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Bziggy4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDR and raw files

Has anybody had an issue with the .raw files on their SD chip when they try and view them on a computer? It only happens on occasion. I always turn off the car before I remove it. Does anyone know how to "repair" those files?
Old 08-27-2015, 03:32 PM
probono
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

Did you ever find an answer for this?

Ken
Old 08-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Bziggy4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No

I gave up and bought a dashcam. Although when I bought the dashcam they warned me that inferior sd cards can cause issues so maybe that was the problem. They recommended ADAT
Old 08-27-2015, 03:55 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Bziggy4
Has anybody had an issue with the .raw files on their SD chip when they try and view them on a computer? It only happens on occasion. I always turn off the car before I remove it. Does anyone know how to "repair" those files?
No immediate easy solution for now that I'm aware of... my brother also made the same mistake of ending up with .RAW files when we were in Spring Mountain a month ago. He forgot to press the PDR's "Stop Recording" command on the Infotainment screen after his track sessions ended.. when he turned off the C7, all the video files ended up as .raw files. Unable to view on the Cosworth Toolbox nor on a Windows media or Quicktime app. Wish there was a solution to fix... we still have all his Ron Fellows vids in .raw format.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 PM
mcoomer
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 154 Posts

What is the typical extension for the files? There are a number of converters out there for converting .raw to whatever.

Mike
Old 08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

I have been using the PDR a lot but have never seen a .raw file.

There's no standard for raw video files, its usually output straight from the camera sensor. If we knew the manufacturer of the video camera you might be able to figure out the format and find tools to convert it.

Get notified of new replies

To PDR and raw files

Quick Reply: PDR and raw files