C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Road trip!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 02:12 AM
SGZ062LZ
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Road trip!

Finally get to hit the open road with my Z06. Our Corvette Club has 27 cars headed to Nashville this Saturday and then on to North Carolina to run Tail of the Dragon and Moonshiner 28. Looking forward to it!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:25 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Sweet!!
Old 07-06-2015, 02:00 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by SGZ062LZ

Finally get to hit the open road with my Z06. Our Corvette Club has 27 cars headed to Nashville this Saturday and then on to North Carolina to run Tail of the Dragon and Moonshiner 28. Looking forward to it!
When our club went to run the dragon, we split into two groups. Those that wanted to push their cars and those that didn't. That eliminated those slower cars from slowing down the group that were faster. We ran the Dragon on a Monday morning, so there wasn't too much traffic(except for the ^*(%$@ Harleys that refused to use any of the pull offs that are provided).

Watch out for those idiots that are on the Dragon on their bicycles. I came around a blind right hand tight curve and there were two of them, side by side doing 5 MPH going uphill. Luckily for them and me, there was not an oncoming car and I was able to swerve to miss them, while yelling in my radio to those Vettes behind me about the bicycles. I was leading the "fast" group, so I had no early warning about what was ahead of me.

We stayed at the Baymont Inn in Cherokee, NC which gave us good access to the Dragon and to the Blue Ridge Parkway from I-40 coming from Nashville. We were able to get in a visit to the Biltmore estate in Asheville.

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-06-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:21 PM
EVL-C8
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 94 Posts

Wish we could make it! .... Have FUN, be Safe and post pictures
Old 07-06-2015, 02:53 PM
SGZ062LZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by EVL-Z06
Wish we could make it! .... Have FUN, be Safe and post pictures
Old 07-06-2015, 02:54 PM
SGZ062LZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by JoesC5
When our club went to run the dragon, we split into two groups. Those that wanted to push their cars and those that didn't. That eliminated those slower cars from slowing down the group that were faster. We ran the Dragon on a Monday morning, so there wasn't too much traffic(except for the ^*(%$@ Harleys that refused to use any of the pull offs that are provided).

Watch out for those idiots that are on the Dragon on their bicycles. I came around a blind right hand tight curve and there were two of them, side by side doing 5 MPH going uphill. Luckily for them and me, there was not an oncoming car and I was able to swerve to miss them, while yelling in my radio to those Vettes behind me about the bicycles. I was leading the "fast" group, so I had no early warning about what was ahead of me.

We stayed at the Baymont Inn in Cherokee, NC which gave us good access to the Dragon and to the Blue Ridge Parkway from I-40 coming from Nashville. We were able to get in a visit to the Biltmore estate in Asheville.
Thanks for the headsup!

Get notified of new replies

To Road trip!

Quick Reply: Road trip!