C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Official C7 Z06 Fast List - Provide all information and Slips/Video

Old 01-17-2016, 03:59 PM
wfarmer.z
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by spindoctor
Very nice! We appreciate the details.
I envy your VIP access to MIR.
Our normal track, Richmond dragway was closed for a good portion of the season for repaving. So we ended up running at a lot of track rentals at Maryland international Raceway this year and got to know the crew there. They're a great group of guys who are as interested in having records set at MIR as we are at setting records

Last edited by wfarmer.z; 01-17-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:05 PM
wfarmer.z
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Outstanding!!! That is amazing performance, I'm particularly impressed with your stock tire run - you show a lot of finesse getting it to launch and not spin on such a cold day with those summer tires. Well done, I'm impressed!!
Thanks! We actually did an article for cars illustrated magazine recently that goes into detail some of the things needed for setting records/getting maximum performance out of a stock/non tuned vehicle. Here is the link.

http://www.carsillustrated.com/super...olet-corvette/
Old 01-17-2016, 08:33 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by wfarmer.z
Thanks! CCW wheels, Hoosier Drag tires with Skinnies upfront. No weight reduction other than not eating lunch, the reduced weight from the wheels and tires, and running a minimal amount of fuel in the car.

Will
Awesome. Congrats again.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:31 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,038 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Thanks! We actually did an article for cars illustrated magazine recently that goes into detail some of the things needed for setting records/getting maximum performance out of a stock/non tuned vehicle. Here is the link.

Congrats Will, great write up!

Curious if you've made a pass with the 315/30r18 drag radials and stock 285/30r19 fronts instead of skinnies. Only reason I ask is the 10.28 pass was made 12/4 and the article was dated 1/4, but stated 10.35 with drag radials, so didn't want to assume that was without skinnies as I don't recall your C7 passes being made with skinnies though correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously the 10.21 pass was made with skinnies and afterwards on 1/7. Also it's been mentioned how temp sensitive the c7z is, if you don't mind me asking do you attribute heat to the consistent 10.3s after the record pass?
Old 01-17-2016, 09:50 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Great article! It's great to see you guys out there setting records.

I miss my days of chasing a lower ET.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Congrats Will, great write up!

Curious if you've made a pass with the 315/30r18 drag radials and stock 285/30r19 fronts instead of skinnies. Only reason I ask is the 10.28 pass was made 12/4 and the article was dated 1/4, but stated 10.35 with drag radials, so didn't want to assume that was without skinnies as I don't recall your C7 passes being made with skinnies though correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously the 10.21 pass was made with skinnies and afterwards on 1/7. Also it's been mentioned how temp sensitive the c7z is, if you don't mind me asking do you attribute heat to the consistent 10.3s after the record pass?
Heat is the biggest issue. It is really only going to effect the stock classes since they can't fix that issue without falling into a modified category. If you could run a larger radiator, cooler thermostat and get a larger capacity in the water to air cooler then you would see even lower consistent times.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:24 AM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 461 Likes on 272 Posts

Thanks! CCW wheels, Hoosier Drag tires with Skinnies upfront. No weight reduction other than not eating lunch, the reduced weight from the wheels and tires, and running a minimal amount of fuel in the car.

Will
I will qualify this post by stating that I am of course not 100% certain your car is NOT stock.

That said - I think its important to try to keep this list as genuine as possible.

Solid DA is one thing - but your trap speeds are other-worldly for a stock car. 109 MPH in the 1/8th and 135-137 MPH in the 1/4?

This is about 5-7 MPH faster than what I would call the average trap speed of a healthy stock C7 Z06 in fairly good air. I am saying most in those conditions are lucky to hit 129-130 MPH. Magazines have averaged about 124-127 MPH. You are trapping nearly full bolt on trap speeds. I believe the first 9 second pass was at 138 MPH.

There is no way to prove if someone has a tune during their run obviously - but the numbers certainly don't seem to fit a stock car.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:53 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

This thread should be limited to posting slips and/or videos and data for the Fast List, not for trying to question or start discussions disputing or arguing whether or not times are valid.
S.
The following 2 users liked this post by Snorman:
DRLC5 (02-18-2016), tail_lights (02-17-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 AM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by Snorman
This thread should be limited to posting slips and/or videos and data for the Fast List, not for trying to question or start discussions disputing or arguing whether or not times are valid.
S.
I recognize that this list is here for C7 Z06 1/4 mile times and it benefits all of us. I appreciate the effort it takes to maintain it.

That said - when someone provides a slip - is that all they need despite the fact there is specific evidence that seems to contradict their claims?
If not - how is this list to supposed to remain valid?

Fantastic driving, 60 foot (which by itself is an indicator in this case his car is potentially not stock) and good air are one thing - but trap speeds are indicative of power - something you cannot hide. As it stands his trap speeds are almost equivalent to someone with a CAI, full exhaust and tune. As people with the above mods and pulleys are trapping 110-112 MPH and 138-140 MPH - his trap times aren't far off those either. The first 9 second C7 Z06 trapped 138 MPH - only 1 MPH faster than his run. That is more than 10 MPH faster than any magazine test.

I know CF has a difficult time sometimes with users questioning their policy and processes - but I am not simply finger pointing - nor am I trying to be "negative". I am asking questions based on factual numbers - posted by the owner of this run.

My goal is not to disparage - but to make this fair for everyone - to have a list we are confident in and can be proud to be a part of.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:33 AM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I'm with Snorman on this one. I completely agree with his points.
What are you with exactly? That people should be able post whatever they want despite evidence to the contrary? I'm not a lemming - no matter what car I own.

That said - I am not going to get into an argument about it. I have said what I believe needed saying. If the majority don't care or simply want to have a potential fantasy list. Cool.
The following users liked this post:
Fore58 (02-09-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 03:20 AM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Old 02-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Bad Dad
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
S.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:43 PM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 597 Likes on 453 Posts

It should remain the same.....why make it complicated. This C7 Z06 Fast List is no different from the others. All of this is based on pure honesty.

Last edited by Fore58; 02-15-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Zip Corvettes

Originally Posted by vtknight
I recognize that this list is here for C7 Z06 1/4 mile times and it benefits all of us. I appreciate the effort it takes to maintain it.

That said - when someone provides a slip - is that all they need despite the fact there is specific evidence that seems to contradict their claims?
If not - how is this list to supposed to remain valid?

Fantastic driving, 60 foot (which by itself is an indicator in this case his car is potentially not stock) and good air are one thing - but trap speeds are indicative of power - something you cannot hide. As it stands his trap speeds are almost equivalent to someone with a CAI, full exhaust and tune. As people with the above mods and pulleys are trapping 110-112 MPH and 138-140 MPH - his trap times aren't far off those either. The first 9 second C7 Z06 trapped 138 MPH - only 1 MPH faster than his run. That is more than 10 MPH faster than any magazine test.

I know CF has a difficult time sometimes with users questioning their policy and processes - but I am not simply finger pointing - nor am I trying to be "negative". I am asking questions based on factual numbers - posted by the owner of this run.

My goal is not to disparage - but to make this fair for everyone - to have a list we are confident in and can be proud to be a part of.
I will personally take you over to see the car. Bring your MDI box and you can look at the calibration history. Then you can come back on here and apologize. There is a 7spd car running .31's, not everyone can drive like this, it is not as simple as just mashing the throttle. Will's car has a little more than 1800 miles on it, can you guess how they got on there? The car is getting faster as all the components are getting some break in wear on them. Cold air is everything more than in a NA car, if that supercharger is cold it is going to make some serious HP, especially since the cars are really rich to begin with, the cold air help counter act this and make some serious HP. Again, it's cold right now, but I will carry you down to the hanger and let you personally view this car for any modifications.
Justin
The following 2 users liked this post by Zip Corvettes:
Lavender (02-17-2016), tail_lights (02-17-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 10:21 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
I will personally take you over to see the car. Bring your MDI box and you can look at the calibration history. Then you can come back on here and apologize. There is a 7spd car running .31's, not everyone can drive like this, it is not as simple as just mashing the throttle. Will's car has a little more than 1800 miles on it, can you guess how they got on there? The car is getting faster as all the components are getting some break in wear on them. Cold air is everything more than in a NA car, if that supercharger is cold it is going to make some serious HP, especially since the cars are really rich to begin with, the cold air help counter act this and make some serious HP. Again, it's cold right now, but I will carry you down to the hanger and let you personally view this car for any modifications.
Justin
Lol. Apologize? For making unfounded claims? Erroneous posts?

I think its safe to say I've been around the block when it comes to drags. First - drag racing hasn't been the most honest and forthcoming sport in the world - so you will have to forgive me if I don't take his word for it - specifically because some of the key information he provided, doesn't seem to line up.

On that note;

Second - trap speed. 137 MPH (and his 1/8th MPH as well). The trap speeds are the reason why I brought up my points. Not ET. Cold air and fantastic DA is not going to give a car that Tadge himself said is compromised in the 1/4 mile trap speed wise an additional 6-7 MPH - ON TOP - of some of the fastest trap speeds (both 1/8th and 1/4) seen on a C7 Z06 (any aero, any transmission). His car "breaking in" - isn't gaining him that amount of MPH. The C7 Z06 averages high 120's on fairly good air.
His car is within one MPH of a full bolt on and tune car that ran 9's - about 10 MPH faster than the average. Stock.

So I do not think my questions - from the data presented by the provider of the slip - are really so surprising to ask about.

Last edited by vtknight; 02-16-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Fore58 (02-17-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Zip Corvettes

Lol. Apologize? For making unfounded claims? Erroneous posts?

I think its safe to say I've been around the block when it comes to drags. First - drag racing hasn't been the most honest and forthcoming sport in the world - so you will have to forgive me if I don't take his word for it - specifically because some of the key information he provided, doesn't seem to line up.

On that note;

Second - trap speed. 137 MPH (and his 1/8th MPH as well). The trap speeds are the reason why I brought up my points. Not ET. Cold air and fantastic DA is not going to give a car that Tadge himself said is compromised in the 1/4 mile trap speed wise an additional 6-7 MPH - ON TOP - of some of the fastest trap speeds (both 1/8th and 1/4) seen on a C7 Z06 (any aero, any transmission). His car "breaking in" - isn't gaining him that amount of MPH. The C7 Z06 averages high 120's on fairly good air.
His car is within one MPH of a full bolt on and tune car that ran 9's - about 10 MPH faster than the average. Stock.

So I do not think my questions - from the data presented by the provider of the slip - are really so surprising to ask about.
You can take a modified car and a normal driver can make it go low 10's, but that does not mean a good driver making a stock car do that is cheating. You can't cheat the computer in the C7. You can't hide a calibration change period. You can't just throw a new PCM in it, it dates the calibration flash. So my point is that you are making accusations that you can't prove, but I can prove it is stock. I invite you to go look at the car and see for yourself, hell you can go to the track with us.
Will is fortunate to have allot more time to practice then most people, heck if you see where the car is stored you will understand exactly how he gets so much practice with launching etc. Look at the 60ft, that is the key to practice and knowing the car. Again come out and look at the car, go over it with a fine tooth comb, look at all the modules on board, we have nothing to hide. Doesn't mean Will is going to give you lessons on how to go fast, but the car is stock beside the DR's on it. None of these runs has been by himself, there are a ton of people around. There are some runs where he has not reported the times and speeds because of items he was testing for me. However all of his posted times were witnessed by no less than half dozen other drivers so if he were up to something you would be hearing about it. I am inviting you out, so you think why would I do this if the car is not legit.

Last edited by Zip Corvettes; 02-16-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Lavender (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016, 05:50 AM
vtknight
Drifting

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
You can take a modified car and a normal driver can make it go low 10's, but that does not mean a good driver making a stock car do that is cheating. You can't cheat the computer in the C7. You can't hide a calibration change period. You can't just throw a new PCM in it, it dates the calibration flash. So my point is that you are making accusations that you can't prove, but I can prove it is stock. I invite you to go look at the car and see for yourself, hell you can go to the track with us.
Will is fortunate to have allot more time to practice then most people, heck if you see where the car is stored you will understand exactly how he gets so much practice with launching etc. Look at the 60ft, that is the key to practice and knowing the car. Again come out and look at the car, go over it with a fine tooth comb, look at all the modules on board, we have nothing to hide. Doesn't mean Will is going to give you lessons on how to go fast, but the car is stock beside the DR's on it. None of these runs has been by himself, there are a ton of people around. There are some runs where he has not reported the times and speeds because of items he was testing for me. However all of his posted times were witnessed by no less than half dozen other drivers so if he were up to something you would be hearing about it. I am inviting you out, so you think why would I do this if the car is not legit.
I appreciate your post - but you keep centering on the ET, driving lessons and 60 foot. I'm not talking about ET as I've said over and over again.

My questions come specifically about the trap speed as it is indicative of the cars power. Quite frankly it's a huge trap speed for a stock car -especially for a C7 Z06 which are not trapping that high. That's it. Had he run 10.2 at 131 to even 133 MPH (not a ZR1 for example which on average have higher trap speeds than the C7 Z06) - I wouldn't have written a word. His car trapped quite close to a bolt on and tune car that hit 9's. They trapped 138 MPH. Many bolt on and tune cars are trapping in that range. Average C7 Z06 traps at the drags are in the 127-129 MPH range. Only a few have touched low 130's. And it's not like he spun and had a terrible ET at 137 MPH - he had his best run as his excellent 60 foot, and driving skills showed at 137 MPH.

In the end - me trying to determine if a tune is in place is irrelevant. I'm not a software or ECU expert. I can only go by something that is impossible to hide - the cars trap speed - which is indicative of the cars power.

Get notified of new replies

To Official C7 Z06 Fast List - Provide all information and Slips/Video

Old 02-18-2016, 12:43 AM
Zip Corvettes

I appreciate your post - but you keep centering on the ET, driving lessons and 60 foot. I'm not talking about ET as I've said over and over again.

My questions come specifically about the trap speed as it is indicative of the cars power. Quite frankly it's a huge trap speed for a stock car -especially for a C7 Z06 which are not trapping that high. That's it. Had he run 10.2 at 131 to even 133 MPH (not a ZR1 for example which on average have higher trap speeds than the C7 Z06) - I wouldn't have written a word. His car trapped quite close to a bolt on and tune car that hit 9's. They trapped 138 MPH. Many bolt on and tune cars are trapping in that range. Average C7 Z06 traps at the drags are in the 127-129 MPH range. Only a few have touched low 130's. And it's not like he spun and had a terrible ET at 137 MPH - he had his best run as his excellent 60 foot, and driving skills showed at 137 MPH.

In the end - me trying to determine if a tune is in place is irrelevant. I'm not a software or ECU expert. I can only go by something that is impossible to hide - the cars trap speed - which is indicative of the cars power.
If this were a N/A car I would tend to agree with you. On a SC or a GM SC car there are so many variables. AIR density and temp is everything. These cars retard timing based on ECT and IAT aggressively. If you are running a hot car you could be as much as a 100 HP down. When a magazine wrote about the car they did compare their run which was a full second off. They ran in the heat of the summer, full tank of gas and a manual trans. Too many variables and none of them are on their side.
Will has mastered the little details on what is required to make a stock car go faster than it was every supposed to. As much as you want to believe that it is "tricked" somewhere, it is driving and mastering what is there. As far as tuning, you can't hide it in a C7 period. GM did this for warranty reason's Will's car has FULL warranty as it has not been altered. Although they may have an issue with the amount of rubber in the rear wheel wells. You should come out and see the car. As far as averages though, you can't really look at that, the driver is a big variable and so are the conditions the runs were made in. We are also very lucky in where we are, we have good air and cold temps and tracks that do an awesome job at getting us some traction. When the combination is right magic happens.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:42 AM
TonyC817
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2/18/2016 palm beach international raceway. 315/18 Hoosier drag radisls, skinnies, cam, intake, headers, pulley
Old 02-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

TonyC817 I witnessed those passes, the car sounds MEAN going down the track. Very clean passes. Can't wait to see the video. Congrats on those great results.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official C7 Z06 Fast List - Provide all information and Slips/Video