C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

I just test drove ZO7

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Fast Mover
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I just test drove a ZO7

I just drove 40 miles to see a leftover 15 ZO7 Manual which is rare down here.It's set up nicely with 3LZ non comp seats and carbon roof. I want Black wheels but this one has chrome(not a deal breaker).The salesman let me drive a 16 ZO7 Manual they also had around the block as to not put too many miles on her,and the weather wasn't great either.My impression: The feel was almost Viper like(I've driven many) not refined but not obnoxious either, The suspension feel was decent and not over harsh,not plush obviously.I came away feeling not sure whether or not I can live with a ZO7 for highway cruising with wife on trips.The Car is gorgeous with all the ground effects.
I am also wondering why this car hasn't sold yet.I am also noticing a lot of ZO7's being bought down here probably none will be tracked.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Fast Mover; 08-29-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Batman 357
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice nice. I think you might get 15k out of the ZO7 tires if you take it easy. Anything off sticker for the 15....
Old 08-29-2015, 07:37 PM
Fast Mover
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Batman 357
Nice nice. I think you might get 15k out of the ZO7 tires if you take it easy. Anything off sticker for the 15....
MSRP is 103k they are holding firm but I think 3k off might happen,I would love to steal this car now that its a year old,they are crying that they bought it from another dealer therefore they don't have much room to budge which I think is B.S!!!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:15 PM
Jet Stream Blue Z06
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

The Z07 isn't too harsh on the highway. You can always put it in tour mode. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Mover
I just drove 40 miles to see a leftover 15 ZO7 in manual which is rare down here.It's set up nicely with 3LZ non comp seats and carbon roof. I want Black wheels but this one has chrome-not a deal breaker.The salesman let me drive a 16 ZO7 manual they also had around the block as to not put too many miles on her,and the weather wasn't great either.My impression: The feel was almost Viper like(I've driven many) not refined but not obnoxious either, The suspension feel was decent and not over harsh,not plush obviously.I came away feeling not sure whether or not I can live with a ZO7 for highway cruising with wife on trips.The Car is gorgeous with all the ground effects.
I am also wondering why this car hasn't sold yet.I am also noticing a lot of ZO7's being bought down here probably none will be tracked.
If you get the Z07 you will absolutely not regret it. And with those chrome wheels, you will NOT miss the brake dust, I promise. Without the carbon brakes you would be cleaning those wheels daily.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:31 PM
FAsnakes
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

+1 on the Z07... . It's the only way to fly!
Old 08-29-2015, 10:24 PM
1dayzpay
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell them 99k and you will take it.. They will do it trust!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:41 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

MSRP is 103k they are holding firm but I think 3k off might happen,I would love to steal this car now that its a year old,they are crying that they bought it from another dealer therefore they don't have much room to budge which I think is B.S!!!
That's seriously stupid money for a '15...

I would say $90K should be more than enough. They're spitting these car out like popcorn (must be working on 10,000 units by now).

If you can't get it for a substantial discount, wait a few months and things will most certainly be "heating" up.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:42 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Scott's right...but maybe go as high as $95K if you really want it now.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:31 AM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
That's seriously stupid money for a '15...

I would say $90K should be more than enough. They're spitting these car out like popcorn (must be working on 10,000 units by now).

If you can't get it for a substantial discount, wait a few months and things will most certainly be "heating" up.
^^^^ I Agree! But south Florida sucks when it come to a new car purchase. I am a car junkie and owned many new Zo6's but only bought one in Florida. Between the outrageous dealer fees, and mark ups and non existent discounts I can never put up with any Florida dealer!! Plane tickets up the east coast are too cheap and it's a nice ride home. I did just buy my new GMC sierra here but i did get 10K off sticker, which was shocking! Hate Florida dealers!!!

A '15 should be 10-12 off sticker at this point. Discounts will be prevalent soon as there are many out there with many showing up used.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:06 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by seamus2154

Hate Florida dealers!!!

There's certainly no "Corvette discount dealers" to be be found here in South Florida.

My last 2 Corvettes came from out of state for substantial discounts compared to any dealerships I visited down here.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:11 PM
JDMUSCLE
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

Wait around.. These cars will be saturated soon and dealers will come off their pedestal and start discounting them. All near by dealers here have Z06s unspoken for sitting around.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Fast Mover
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06

There's certainly no "Corvette discount dealers" to be be found here in South Florida.

My last 2 Corvettes came from out of state for substantial discounts compared to any dealerships I visited down here.
While I agree completely about So Fla Dealers I noticed through lots of research that at this point in time Dealers everywhere in the nation are only willing to discount Zo6's slightly or not at all. I got quoted $1300 off in Pembroke Pines and at least that in Delray Beach.Out of state dealers and Forum Dealers are close to Msrp as well.I might as well buy local and save on the travel or shipping expense.The huge discounts are months or years away.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:27 PM
Plstxmd
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a 2004 viper roadster and have a 2015 zo7 m7. This is an infinitely better, plusher car. I occasionally use it for my commute 127 miles each way from San Diego to LA in the traffic even sometimes. It's great. Just buy it and don't sweat 3-4 percent discount. You will forget that in the first 1000?miles! Get a good deal if you can, but buy the car, I traded f430 f1 w carbon brakes for mine 5 months ago and it was one of the best car decisions I've made!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Fast Mover
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Plstxmd
I had a 2004 viper roadster and have a 2015 zo7 m7. This is an infinitely better, plusher car. I occasionally use it for my commute 127 miles each way from San Diego to LA in the traffic even sometimes. It's great. Just buy it and don't sweat 3-4 percent discount. You will forget that in the first 1000?miles! Get a good deal if you can, but buy the car, I traded f430 f1 w carbon brakes for mine 5 months ago and it was one of the best car decisions I've made!
Thanks!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:50 PM
wstaab
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 130 Posts

A data point.
A $103K list C7/Z06 would have a GMS (employee) price of around $92K
Supplier on the same car would be around $96K.
Supplier and GMS is shown on invoices for 2015 and 2016 models but dealers are not authorized to honor pricing, yet!
May change soon as unsold inventory piles up.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:14 PM
zo6 08
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Plstxmd
???More like 8-10% he is throwing away!
Last year this time.. when ordering my Z06 I would agree with you!

I do okay. I count my blessings.......But now, I would feel like a clomplete MORON (No offense to anyone!)
To purchase a 2015 car "leftover" at MSRP?? Order a 16??? There's already stock units arriving at the big guys! Pay 900-1200 buck to get it shipped!

Dealers are going to be in for a bubble with these cars!! SO MANY BEING BUILT. Used ones hitting market!
Nature of the beast! Supply and demand!!

God knows guessing anywhere from 50-100 miles on the 15 Z car/tires...
Im Guessing here on that. Could be more or less!

VERY FAIR GOOD OFFER IS 7-8% off MSRP and NO ADDITIONAL FEES!
Obviously except your local and state taxes. If dealer did not except that? He is taking a chance on these summer driven vehicles. After most volatile week on Wall Street since 08???? What do I know???
Very Intrested on how this plays out for you brother. Please keep us informed. As these deals are like comps.
Im following the comp for the next deal!

Best of luck
Andrew

Last edited by zo6 08; 08-30-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To I just test drove ZO7

Old 08-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Babaron
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Price/good deal aside, and not that the ride is that bad, if you don't plan to track the car, you would find the non-Z07-optioned cars are smoother on the road.

But if you do decide this car is too good a deal to pass up, you will not miss the brake dust cleaning and these brakes will likely last the life of the car. Tires, a different story. You mustn't drive the Cup 2's in heavy rain or standing water. For that you are much better off with the standard Michelin Super Sport tires.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:44 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

You will want to be careful buying a car that was purchased by a dealer from another dealer. Depending on how the transaction went down the current dealer could be the first owner and the warranty has already started.

You might say, how can that happen? The first dealer reports it sold to the second. That gives them an allocation again....while the second dealer has a car to sell.

Impact to you....if this is what happened...try to register for Spring Mountain, GM has the second dealers name, not yours! I spent countless hours on the phone trying to get it sorted out.....OMG, what a cluster!

Second, the warranty starts at the first transaction, not yours. So depending on how long they have had it......well you see the problem.

How do I know all this? First hand experience! I will never buy a car like this that was bought by one dealer from another.....dealer trades are different. But of course I didn't find any of this out until a few months later when trying to sign up at Spring Mountain

Buyer beware!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:53 PM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

If you want the Z buy it. The people talking monster discounts don't own one.

Quick Reply: I just test drove ZO7