C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Ordered Z06 - Build date 8/14, hasn't been built yet - stating stopped prdc?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 11:24 AM
lshaven
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered Z06 - Build date 8/14, hasn't been built yet - stating stopped prdc?

Hi guys, ordered my 2016 Z06 2LZ in August and my expected build date was Sept 14th. I was told likely 10-14 business days for it to be arriving at the dealership in Phoenix, AZ. The dealer called me yesterday stating the car was not even built yet and was due to the production halting due to an issue?

Does anyone know what this is or heard anything out there? I Google'd and couldn't find any information on stopping the production line for the z06's.

All in all, it just makes the wait even longer and sad

Edit: I Meant to put build date for Sept 14th, not August that was my order date.

Last edited by lshaven; 09-28-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:29 AM
dale fehrenbach
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 148 Posts

Interesting.
I ordered mine very early August and took possession 9-11. About five weeks from order to my garage.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:32 AM
lshaven
Intermediate

Yes I found it very disheartening that I was not communicated with when the car was not even in production 2 weeks ago. I even took this week off in anticipation of the vehicle and take it to a couple speed shops for performance mod quotes. Not to mention enjoy the car.

Last edited by lshaven; 09-28-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:37 AM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Did you get a copy of the workbench sheet with your order number?

Take that order number and contact chevy customer service to get the status (event code) of your order.

Sounds to me like your dealer is being less than honest with you and you don't have an allocation assigned to your order.
The following users liked this post:
tones_Z (09-28-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 11:38 AM
lshaven
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HalfMoon

Take that order number and contact chevy customer service to get the status (event code) of your order.

Sounds to me like your dealer is being less than honest with you and you don't have an allocation assigned to your order.
Yes I do, I will contact them right now.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:40 AM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lshaven
Yes I do, I will contact them right now.
Let us know what event code they tell you that your order is at.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:55 AM
lshaven
Intermediate

Just got off support, the person, Dejan, stated that there is no allocation date or event code for the work order. Did not know why.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:09 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Get a GM Workbench printout from your dealer. It should show the date that each event code happened. Mine, for example, shows the initial order on 15 Aug, TPW 21 Sep, actually built 18 Sep, currently bayed, and should be here any day. If your dealer can't/won't give you a printout, something's up. If you get a printout showing it's still at 1100, something's up.

That printout is the only thing you can rely on from any dealer. Plenty of people here have been misled or lied to for weeks or months, only to find out that their dealer never had an allocation and their order had stayed at 1100 the whole time. I haven't heard of any production halt due to any "issue."
Old 09-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Get one on the ground already if you have to have it now. They are cheaper now anyway than when you ordered. Do not know where you live but it will be getting cold soon if you are up north so why get in a hurry tires are no good in 40 degree weather? Might wait till mid winter when invoice or very close to it will be normal because of oversupply.

Something to think about.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:16 PM
lshaven
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Get a GM Workbench printout from your dealer. It should show the date that each event code happened. Mine, for example, shows the initial order on 15 Aug, TPW 21 Sep, actually built 18 Sep, currently bayed, and should be here any day. If your dealer can't/won't give you a printout, something's up. If you get a printout showing it's still at 1100, something's up.

That printout is the only thing you can rely on from any dealer. Plenty of people here have been misled or lied to for weeks or months, only to find out that their dealer never had an allocation and their order had stayed at 1100 the whole time. I haven't heard of any production halt due to any "issue."
There are no event codes for my workorder. That is why the customer support gentleman was unsure why there wasn't any for an order over 1 month.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:17 PM
lshaven
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Busa Dave
Get one on the ground already if you have to have it now. They are cheaper now anyway than when you ordered. Do not know where you live but it will be getting cold soon if you are up north so why get in a hurry tires are no good in 40 degree weather? Might wait till mid winter when invoice or very close to it will be normal because of oversupply.

Something to think about.
I am in Arizona, it gets gold here

But I want a specific one hence why I ordered it for me, it's just frustrating. I put a large sum of money down but did not pay the whole thing, is it possible this dealership took other orders after me for full price to get the sale? I don't know how dealerships work with work orders and full money down.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

But I want a specific one hence why I ordered it for me, it's just frustrating. I put a large sum of money down but did not pay the whole thing, is it possible this dealership took other orders after me for full price to get the sale? I don't know how dealerships work with work orders and full money down.

Large amount of money down?? Hmmmmm something you need to look into immediately!!!

If something is amiss get your money back and there are some dealers that have lots full of Z06 inventory (over 200 with more inbound) -- one may be what you want.

Hope it works out for you but something does not pass the smell test!

Last edited by Busa Dave; 09-28-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:19 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Ruh roh.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:22 PM
ZoratZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 959 Likes on 410 Posts

Interesting...I live in Phoenix and went to Van Chevrolet and ordered a Z06 in mid/late Aug....The sales manager told me that it would likely arrive in late Oct to early Nov. Long story short, I put $5k down and 2wks later I cancelled the order cause I found a car that was almost exactly the same as what I ordered, so I bought that car instead and the dealer had no problem giving me deposit back.

I would be very concerned that there is no record of your order with the factory, and why put down a 'large' sum of money BEFORE you get your car? Money down = secured order. No need to give them more than necessary until the car arrives...I'd talk to the dealership asap.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:42 PM
emericr
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear about your trouble OP. I believe you got a lot of sound advice.
I am glad people chimed in as I am about to put an order with a small dealer and wondering how I can make sure they have an allocation. Looks like I need a workbench printout and make sure it moves out of 1100 within a few weeks.
How much of a deposit is reasonable?
Old 09-28-2015, 02:45 PM
mdz06vetter
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

typically $5k should be sufficient
Old 09-28-2015, 02:46 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by emericr
I secured my Z51 in 2014 with a $1,000 refundable deposit. For my 2016 Z06 I did not need to put any deposit down, but I am a repeat customer.

Whatever you decide, make sure you have in writing that the deposit is refundable, in case your state allows them to keep it if you need to back out for any unforeseen reasons, or their failure to secure the car order with an allocation.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordered Z06 - Build date 8/14, hasn't been built yet - stating stopped prdc?

Old 09-28-2015, 05:12 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by emericr
Sorry to hear about your trouble OP. I believe you got a lot of sound advice.
I am glad people chimed in as I am about to put an order with a small dealer and wondering how I can make sure they have an allocation. Looks like I need a workbench printout and make sure it moves out of 1100 within a few weeks.
I put down $2k on my Z06 and it was refundable until the order was scheduled for production. Since I ordered an odd color combo, they said it would be non-refundable after that. The order was placed in Sep 14, and was delivered in Feb 15, one of the first A8 Z06s. The order got scheduled for production in Dec..
Old 09-28-2015, 06:16 PM
tones_Z
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
That was the first thing I said to myself when reading this thread.
OP,....get your money back ASAP and look elsewhere.
Good luck.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:00 AM
lshaven
Intermediate

Great news, we talked to the GM at Midway Chevy, stated our case as they stated incorrect information and came a with no hassle on the refund. Found a 2LZ with the same specs and got it for 5k less after negotiations in a dealership. Now I am with a 2016 Laguna Blue Z06 A8

Quick Reply: Ordered Z06 - Build date 8/14, hasn't been built yet - stating stopped prdc?