C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

What wax on XPEL?

Old 10-21-2015, 01:26 AM
CKO
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What wax on XPEL?

Title says it all...
I normally use Meguair Ultimate Liquid Wax on my other cars, but I just put XPEL on my Z06 and I don't think the Petrolium Disstilates will play nice with the XPEL.

What is a good and easy to apply wax that is safe on the XPEL?
Old 10-21-2015, 02:04 AM
Oskee
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by CKO
Title says it all...
I normally use Meguair Ultimate Liquid Wax on my other cars, but I just put XPEL on my Z06 and I don't think the Petrolium Disstilates will play nice with the XPEL.

Had the front hood, fenders, fascia, headlights and mirrors done in April with Xpel and my installer said to treat it just like paint. I have applied many coats of Zaino and use their Gloss Enhancer Spray almost every day.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:05 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

I have XPEL on all my cars and suv's, I have used Zaino on them for 20 plus years, no issues, if you like Meguiar's keep using it, there will be no problems, just stay away from anything abrasive
Old 10-21-2015, 09:40 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

My installer told me to use nothing but synthetic wax on the film. He suggested liquid Turtle Wax Ice.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:08 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by CKO
Title says it all...

You are correct, you can wax/detail/coat XPEL ULTIMATE as long as there are no Petroleum distillates such as Naphtha or Kerosine in the products...

Many companies release the MSDS for such products. We have a sealant that is made to compliment the film, XPEL SEALANT, although you can use a variety of waxes and sealants.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:51 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

If I may.... I ONLY use Blackfire as the sealant and waxes are completely clear. Over time, any wax that isn't completely clear will discolor the edges of your XPEL. To go a step further, I only use Blackfire Crystal Seal Paint Sealant as it last months, leaves an incredible wet looking shine and is extremely simple to apply. Simply spray it into your cloth or sponge and wipe the car down, spraying a bit more for each section. The sealant levels itself and dries in a few minutes. Absolute best product I have ever used and lasts months.

As a bit of proof, we traveled across the US and Canada last month and the car only went through two washes the entire trip...the rest being simple wipe downs...
Old 10-21-2015, 07:09 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

I also use the Blackfire on my Sun-tek PPF. Works great, Looks like it wet and very easy to apply/remove.

Get notified of new replies

To What wax on XPEL?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What wax on XPEL?